Easter eggs you'd like to see in Cyberpunk2077?

+
Ehhh..I love Landmates and not least because they look cool - Shirow-Sensei went to great lengths to make it clear they are as or more valued for their versatility and toolbox as their protective values. He was quite meh about the protective aspects, really. Which I like - uber tanks don't exist in a world setting where someone promptly builds an uber-penetrating round.

But ACPA are Cyberpunk and Landmates aren't. Virtuality for piloting, massively heavy, etc.

They are ridiculously tough, though, and unlike Landmates, the maintenance overhead is rarely demonstrated.

Soo..ACPA with Landmate characteristics. And the arms, of course, because cool.

The arms, and the general design of a landmate kind of make the VR inteface of most of the cyberpunk 2020 ACPA redundant. And the Landmate can still use VRI for the weapon and subsystems....

Regardless, I still want a BGC style hardsuit, man I love those things.

I reckon you should have a fixer named Finn. Our mate Gibbo would love that.

Good call! :)

I'd love to see a vending machine like this ;-)

Do I have to understand why people come up with bosh like a Tron bike, but not with a cameo of Mike Pondsmith?

Do I have to understand why people come up with bosh like a Tron bike, but not with a cameo of Mike Pondsmith?

Dude, there are entire threads about Mike Pondsmith being a major voice actor in the show... we don't want him as a cameo, we want him as a full fledged NPC.

Hell my idea is for him to serve 2 roles, one as a pirate radio DJ who not only talks about the players exploits on air, but who also interacts directly with the player and gives him missions... this way it feels like Uncle Mike is our GM.

Dude, there are entire threads about Mike Pondsmith being a major voice actor in the show... we don't want him as a cameo, we want him as a full fledged NPC.

Hell my idea is for him to serve 2 roles, one as a pirate radio DJ who not only talks about the players exploits on air, but who also interacts directly with the player and gives him missions... this way it feels like Uncle Mike is our GM.

Yeah thats what Im talking about. Its just annoying to read that there are actually people out there thinking that TRON is Cyberpunk. Because its not. Its not.

Mike as some sort of big brother of Fallout 3s Three Dog (Ahoooohooo) would be damn cool indeed. Should we be able to meet him? Definately? Should he give the character missions? I don't know yet.

Yeah thats what Im talking about. Its just annoying to read that there are actually people out there thinking that TRON is Cyberpunk. Because its not. Its not.

Um... it really is... It may not be your flavor of cyberpunk, but it IS cyberpunk. It's also a movie about watching a dude play video games.... but at least it was original. I prefer it in fact, to the Matrix... which was the pretty much the same movie, only with even sillier names.

Mike as some sort of big brother of Fallout 3s Three Dog (Ahoooohooo) would be damn cool indeed. Should we be able to meet him? Definately? Should he give the character missions? I don't know yet.

Why not... Its as close as we could come to having the main man run our games.... and I wanna hear that voice as much as possible..

Um... it really is... It may not be your flavor of cyberpunk, but it IS cyberpunk. It's also a movie about watching a dude play video games.... but at least it was original. I prefer it in fact, to the Matrix... which was the pretty much the same movie, only with even sillier names.

Im sorry to say this but you are wrong. TRON is not Cyberpunk. It is fantastic science fiction. Because there you go, that name describes it well. Science Fiction that has fantastic elements in it. In TRON the computer programs are depicted as somewhat human beings, whereas in Cyberpunk where there are still hackers and cyberspaces, programs are never depicted as living beings (even inside the cyberspace). Even A.Is. are still just programs regardless their intelligence.

Besides that, in both the Tron movies there is nothing dystopian except for Clus dictatorial reign in Legacy. In the real world of the films, basically everything is just fine with humanity and such. So, no. TRON is science fiction, not Cyberpunk.

Matrix, also not, not really. The real world in Matrix is post-apocalyptic, where as the Matrix itself is somewhat utopian (since we do not know if the Matrix also simulates wars). The actual (and only) dystopian thing about Matrix is humanity being secretly enslaved by machines. Yes you could see Neo as the little hacker fighting the corpoartions (machines) but you gotta admit, that's pretty creatively interpreted.

So yeah, both films are somewhat Cyber, possibly Cyberfiction. But not Cyberpunk. You got to differ, seriously.

Im sorry to say this but you are wrong. TRON is not Cyberpunk. It is fantastic science fiction. Because there you go, that name describes it well. Science Fiction that has fantastic elements in it. In TRON the computer programs are depicted as somewhat human beings, whereas in Cyberpunk where there are still hackers and cyberspaces, programs are never depicted as living beings (even inside the cyberspace). Even A.Is. are still just programs regardless their intelligence.

Besides that, in both the Tron movies there is nothing dystopian except for Clus dictatorial reign in Legacy. In the real world of the films, basically everything is just fine with humanity and such. So, no. TRON is science fiction, not Cyberpunk.

Matrix, also not, not really. The real world in Matrix is post-apocalyptic, where as the Matrix itself is somewhat utopian (since we do not know if the Matrix also simulates wars). The actual (and only) dystopian thing about Matrix is humanity being secretly enslaved by machines. Yes you could see Neo as the little hacker fighting the corpoartions (machines) but you gotta admit, that's pretty creatively interpreted.

So yeah, both films are somewhat Cyber, possibly Cyberfiction. But not Cyberpunk. You got to differ, seriously.

Agreed. TRON and the Matrix films are, flat-out, just Sci-Fi, not Cyberpunk.

Hell, "Hackers" is more Cyberpunk than TRON is.

Except you forget, that the entire plot of the movie Tron, is a hacker, taking down a corrupt corporation, via artificial reality.

And the premise of whether sentient AI's are indeed living beings is a recurring theme in many cyberpunk media examples. Ghost In the Shell and its puppetmaster for instance. Granted in Tron it was kinda of weakly presented, but it is there, and you are the one who brought it up.

Regardless of whether you believe Tron to actually be cyberpunk or not... it is certainly full of Cyberpunk imagery, and has influenced the depiction of cyberspace in almost all media that Cyberspace has been featured in since. That alone makes it worthy of some amount or reference and reverence.

some npc should scream "a woman is beating me!" when in fight with female npc or player character,
non-poles wont get it though, - but we will die laughing at that reference

Easter eggs, besides what's been said about seeing Hard suits, landmates, tachikomas, a certain bar and lingerie shop and awesome band.

How about some small memorials to the authors that brought us cyberpunk, though Gibson is already considrered the Patron Saint by certain netrunners and has a road/highway named after him. As for Mike Pondsmith ingame, don't you guys know of Maximum Mike?

Some of the obscurer bits of 2020, in terms of characters and tech. I laughed when I saw 'Commissoner Hammerman' on the trailers news feed and the picture of Alt on the cyberclinic. For us PnP Cyberpunk nerds. :cool:

Agreed. TRON and the Matrix films are, flat-out, just Sci-Fi, not Cyberpunk.

Hell, "Hackers" is more Cyberpunk than TRON is.

You're both wrong.
Both Matrix and TRON are by definition Cyberpunk.
TRON even takes place inside a computer.

Where does this idea come from that Cyberpunk can only be one specific thing and nothing else?
Because it has PUNK in the name? No really, tell me because this forum is just looking more and more concerning with people saying;
"Oh, that's not Cyberpunk because I say so. Oh it may have cybernetic technology and everything else that a Cyberpunk world has but, it's not cyberpunk."

No really, it's all just really turning into this;

View attachment 535

And I don't like it.

Attachments

• 50ba1849cc76d_original.jpg
    50ba1849cc76d_original.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 65
Maybe they could have references to some of the popular futuristic movies, or have characters from them or vehicles, voices, scenery, music, etc. Here is some of the futuristic movies I can think of right now.

Surrogates, Aeon Flux, Total Recall, I-Robot

If they do add any references they should be subtle and well hidden. An incentive for exploration.

Pondsmith needs to have a cameo somewhere.

References to a whole host of cyborg characters from games, shows, movies and books. Master Chief, Commander Shepard, Adam Jensen, Cyborg (DC comics), Seven etc

References to a whole host of cyborg characters from games, shows, movies and books. Master Chief, Commander Shepard, Adam Jensen, Cyborg (DC comics), Seven etc
No...just no...no Master Chief, he's a super space marine.
No Commander Shepard, he has no cybernetics or personality.
Maybe Adam Jensen since he does some cyberpunk in him and his game...or just make fun of how small DE:HR is.
As for Cyborg, I'm torn though I'd toss in a Stark Enterprises or something Iron Man related.

Top Bottom