Easy Way Out Ending Question

+
So, I’m trying to see if my profile truly is corrupted and one thing I’m worried about is playing the game and not being able to make Achievements. On the rooftop with Johnny, I skip through the dialogue and choose the easy way out. Bing bada boom, lights out and credits roll. I skip out pretty quick and look at my Achievements and I don’t see the one you get for completing the story line. Should I? Or does the Easy Way Out even grant the Achievement? I can see it not granting the Achievement but getting one would put my mind to rest. Otherwise I have to wait and rely on Support, and/or do a full clean uninstall.

In theory, yes. You should unlock it, it's "completing the main story" (any ending).
About the clean install, it depend if you used mods (or use). If yes, maybe better to give a try (and do not rely on support > I am experiencing issues after modifying game content)
I haven’t modified any content at all whatsoever and honestly dislike doing so for any game but Bethesda. The current possible corruption and errors have only arisen after the download and install of the 1.62 patch so obviously I blame that. I’ve already run the Verify/Repair option through GOG Galaxy to no apparent fix (a pop up on the Main Menu keeps popping up on every load to main menu even if I close it each time. I just exited out of GOG Galaxy and in a few minutes will relaunch to see if that did anything. After that I can only imagine trying Rogue’s Ending and if the Achievement still doesn’t pop, I guess I’ll be left with taking it direct to Support and possibly doing a full clean uninstall & reinstall.
But obviously, what would you do differently, if anything?

If you didn't use any mod (never), yes it's due to the game (the update), there is no doubt and the support have to provide help (as much as possible).
So if you already tried to verify the game files, it find nothing wrong and it still happen, honestly I would perform a clean install (I guess the support will ask to do it anyway, at some point).

Edit : About modding the game, nothing wrong (generally it enhance gaming experience for those who want it). Just be aware that it can cause issues that support can't do anything about.

Alright, thanks LeKill3rFou. I’m just hoping I’ll be able to preserve my most recent save as I’ve had SO many false starts that to lose a Playthrough right when I’m on the cusp of being able to knock out all of the finale achievements … I’d flip out entirely.

Arent pc user already fed up by reinstalling the game or cleaning up the system after every minor patch?

i get most of the times its due modding which corruptes data but even player who barely use mods seem to revamping a lot of stuff for savefiles etc…

is that a standart process in „pc gaming“ or just another issue with cdpr patches?

i would dare to reinstall/clean up my files 100 times after purchasing a AAA product…

really curious… because for every problem on the horizon the first recom is a fresh install…

Alright, thanks LeKill3rFou. I’m just hoping I’ll be able to preserve my most recent save as I’ve had SO many false starts that to lose a Playthrough right when I’m on the cusp of being able to knock out all of the finale achievements … I’d flip out entirely.
Like noticed in the link of the support, be sure to backup your save (move them in another/temporary folder).
After performing the clean install, put them back in the save folder and it should be fine.

Beside, your GOG account is well linked on the game ?
The cross-progression is enabled ? If yes, it work ?
(little "validate" cloud icon on the very last manual/auto saves)

Last edited:
Top Bottom