Eating/Drinking Not Animated. WHY NOT!!

+

More player animations (like eating/drinking) a feature I would like the DEV to eventually add?

• Positively yes, I want the DEV to eventually spend a little time making this better.

• Yes, it would have a positive effect on my game enjoyment

• No, it would have no effect at all on my game enjoyment.

• Absolutely no, I do not want the DEV to waste time on this.

• Do not care myself but I do not mind the DEV taking some time to do this eventually.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is animated in the trailers and marketing campaign, which was more then enough to make millions.

If your asking for this to be an ingame, I think you are already asking 2 much.

300Milion for marketing, 100Milion for game dev (give it or take), if you want animated food eating stuff, you better just stick with the trailer.

Nah, you just don't get it pal, and you don't get what makes a world feel alive and interesting.

Fun fact; you can enter pretty much any building in Skyrim, why is that important?
As a player, you have the option to go into any building (if you can get in via lockpicking skills), but you have the choice to not to do that to. Some people would consider it trespassing (in game) and they may feel like those NPC's don't deserve such treatment. That is all roleplaying. There is no fail state if you rob every house and shop or trespass ect, but its all about "would my character do that to others".
That is also immersion building, because as a player, you are putting your mind into the game world and applying rules to you character.

Adding additional animations to CP77 would be similar. You don't need to eat or drink to stay alive in the game, but some peoples V might be that sort of person, someone who likes to eat. A small animation would just add to the immersion. Immersion being the whole thing that CDPR wanted to deliver. It would be no detriment to the game either.
I initially played with HUD elements on as its a new game, but I turned it off for the most part, but nice little strawman you had going there :coolstory:

And "your screen is screaming "THIS IS A VIDEOGAME" in bright red font." Everyone knows this game, and others are just video games. No-one is so stupid to think otherwise.
I'm not sure Skyrim is the best comparison.

1. The" cities" are absolutely tiny.

2. The "world" has essentially the same dead vibe everywhere you go, like it was made with a cookie cutter. Everything looks more or less the same apart from the enormous cave, and a colour palette that is essentially 50 shades of grey helps not a bit.

I get that people love that game, but in my opinion the story is plain bad (it is very, very hard to sympathise with racist rednecks and hard to want to spend time around them, too) and the environments so formulaic, repetitive and visually uninteresting that it felt a chore to play. It feels soulless and empty and you just wander listlessly around wondering if there's anything actually interesting and novel to do.

Oblivion did what Bethesda wanted to do with their RPGs extremely well. Skyrim just seemed to take that formula and production line it, to poor effect.

I think a big part of the issue with the Elder Scrolls games is that the lore seems cobbled-together to suit whatever quest they wanted to make at the time and therefore feels decidedly second-rate, like they dreamed up the different daedra on the back of a napkin (for example), and drew the map with thoughts of "snow here, sand there, swamp over there". It's a superficial world that feels almost entirely contrived from "wouldn't it be cool if" half-thoughts and always makes me feel they're trying to force an impression that inhabitants believe in all this stuff when you can see light through all the cracks.

If there's one thing you can say for Cyberpunk, it's that it has very, very well thought-out worldbuilding rather than "ooh, look, let's have talking cat people and work out who they are another time".

Last edited:
I'm not sure Skyrim is the best comparison.

1. The" cities" are absolutely tiny.

2. The "world" has essentially the same dead vibe everywhere you go, like it was made with a cookie cutter. Everything looks more or less the same apart from the enormous cave, and a colour palette that is essentially 50 shades of grey helps not a bit.

I get that people love that game, but in my opinion the story is plain bad (it is very, very hard to sympathise with racist rednecks and hard to want to spend time around them, too) and the environments so formulaic, repetitive and visually uninteresting that it felt a chore to play. It feels soulless and empty and you just wander listlessly around wondering if there's anything actually interesting and novel to do.

Oblivion did what Bethesda wanted to do with their RPGs extremely well. Skyrim just seemed to take that formula and production line it, to poor effect.

I think a big part of the issue with the Elder Scrolls games is that the lore seems cobbled-together to suit whatever quest they wanted to make at the time and therefore feels decidedly second-rate, like they dreamed up the different daedra on the back of a napkin (for example), and drew the map with thoughts of "snow here, sand there, swamp over there". It's a superficial world that feels almost entirely contrived from "wouldn't it be cool if" half-thoughts and always makes me feel they're trying to force an impression that inhabitants believe in all this stuff when you can see light through all the cracks.

If there's one thing you can say for Cyberpunk, it's that it has very, very well thought-out worldbuilding rather than "ooh, look, let's have talking cat people and work out who they are another time".

Skyrim really isn't the best comparison at all, but not in the way you are thinking.

My gf as been playing it on my Ps5 with a ton of mods (60 fps included) when I am not on it, so yeah.. When I look at it, all the game mechanics, rpg system with endless possibilities, radiant quest system, lore, story.. The fact that an item is actualy an physical in the world an not just an icon (which is something very rare in the industry), etc etc.. I mean..

It's a game that was released on the PS3, and it is a testament on how bad games, as a game, became since that time.

Skyrim is one of the best RPGs of all time, having CP and Skyrim in the same phrase is just.. No, just don't.

I'd rather have a tiny city that is intractable and punishing (if you kill someone that someone will stay dead forever), rather then an empty scripted shell. Do you even know that you can marry more then 100 npcs that each differently will have a diferent impact in your gameplay?.. But you can only choose 1?..

As for the lore and claims that it is fetched out.. Lol can you even compare the size of Tamriel VS Night City?...

I doubt that we will see a game with the lvl of RPG systems that skyrim have for many many years to come..

I'd like to have very small animations but I can live without them.

I'd rather prefer consumables having more importance in the gameplay. Like an optional survival mode. But again I can live without it.

I'd love to have both animations and survival mode. Can't imagine playing without it in F:NV.

Guest 3847602

radiant quest system, lore, story..
Skyrim is one of the best RPGs of all time
I doubt that we will see a game with the lvl of RPG systems that skyrim have for many many years to come..

You should give it try if you haven't played it for a while and see it for yourself...

Maybe you will actualy add something of value next time, instead of just that.

It will be quite the trip once you realize that the standards nowadays is swiping your camera and...everyone is gone.

Guest 3847602

Maybe you will actualy add something of value next time, instead of just that.
It's quite enough to highlight my opinion on radiant quests, Skyrim's writing and depth of its RPG systems (it's actually BY FAR the most shallow game in its own franchise).
Which isn't me claiming that CP2077 is particularly deep RPG...

Skyrim really isn't the best comparison at all, but not in the way you are thinking.

My gf as been playing it on my Ps5 with a ton of mods (60 fps included) when I am not on it, so yeah.. When I look at it, all the game mechanics, rpg system with endless possibilities, radiant quest system, lore, story.. The fact that an item is actualy an physical in the world an not just an icon (which is something very rare in the industry), etc etc.. I mean..

It's a game that was released on the PS3, and it is a testament on how bad games, as a game, became since that time.

Skyrim is one of the best RPGs of all time, having CP and Skyrim in the same phrase is just.. No, just don't.

I'd rather have a tiny city that is intractable and punishing (if you kill someone that someone will stay dead forever), rather then an empty scripted shell. Do you even know that you can marry more then 100 npcs that each differently will have a diferent impact in your gameplay?.. But you can only choose 1?..

As for the lore and claims that it is fetched out.. Lol can you even compare the size of Tamriel VS Night City?...

As far as I can remember, in the base game the effect of marrying a character is that they sit in a house infinitely. I've never played it with mods.

Maybe the question is what adds in terms of character development in a RPG a eating/drinking animation. Because i fail to see any meaningful impact .Even if a survival mode makes sense in post-apocalyptic/travel the wildness setting,it does not make sense in an urban setting.
Only impact would be if NPCs react negatively to food choices(like asking for a pinneapple pizza in Night City) or you can get food poisoning(as in-game news shows that happens), even in those cases the animation will be the "flavour" not the RPG element.

Again nothing to do with gameplay per say, just people wanting to immerse themselves into Vs shoes in completely different world. as for Skyrim it is a great game but it's also OLD! Cyberpunk is a new game yet it lacks in many ways compared to many other older RPG titles when it comes to Roleplay elements like animations. It just seems like developers had a great idea keeping it first person but left the world empty when it comes to interacting with the Night City. To actually see V do thinks in the world outside the story mission.

Animating food consumption certainly wouldn't make any world more interesting and alive.

Same thing here, that little animation won't make much difference, eventhough you're trying to make it look otherwise. Skyrim you mentioned (or any TES) never had any of that and yet you described how immersive it is. TES is one of those ass-licking RPGs, that jerk off players ego, CP2077 has slightly different priorities.

You're not alone here, I was asking anyone reading. And not stupid, but you want the game to be more immersive and realistic, don't you? More like real life?
What? So as I read I am realizing that there are players who want to experience the immersion in Night City more deeply and others who just want to collect and click food icons. How sad and boring it seems to me ... wasted potential ...

It is not encouraging the consumption of food as you say. Said that way, I wouldn't keep it in the game either.

It's being able to walk into the lame coyote or downtown strip room on a rainy night, wade through the crowd and listen to the music sitting at the bar or at a table and drinking while enjoying the atmosphere. I spend a lot of time inside the clubs, I stopped looking at the beautiful atmosphere they recreate, why after a great mission I cannot go to the strip club and enjoy the alcohol, the music, the atmosphere sitting at a table? It would give more depth to the game, whatever you say that feeling of immersion would be very good, if you want to miss it like so many other things that are missing in the game, I respect it, but development guys !!! do not doubt it is fantastic !!!!

Eating and drinking in the city adds quality to each of the stories the city tells you because they are moments when you relax and enjoy yourself after a hard story of pain and suffering.

The consumable icons window are sad when you order food or drink.

Of course we want them to fix the game, but also to add immersion, but it makes sense to create such a real city if you then go through it like a headless chicken? .....

Last edited:

Guest 4400165

What? So as I read I am realizing that there are players who want to experience the immersion in Night City more deeply and others who just want to collect and click food icons. How sad and boring it seems to me ... wasted potential ...

It is not encouraging the consumption of food as you say. Said that way, I wouldn't keep it in the game either.

It's being able to walk into the lame coyote or downtown strip room on a rainy night, wade through the crowd and listen to the music sitting at the bar or at a table and drinking while enjoying the atmosphere. I spend a lot of time inside the clubs, I stopped looking at the beautiful atmosphere they recreate, why after a great mission I cannot go to the strip club and enjoy the alcohol, the music, the atmosphere sitting at a table? It would give more depth to the game, whatever you say that feeling of immersion would be very good, if you want to miss it like so many other things that are missing in the game, I respect it, but development guys !!! do not doubt it is fantastic !!!!

Eating and drinking in the city adds quality to each of the stories the city tells you because they are moments when you relax and enjoy yourself after a hard story of pain and suffering.

The consumable icons window are sad when you order food or drink.

Of course we want them to fix the game, but also to add immersion, but it makes sense to create such a real city if you then go through it like a headless chicken? .....
Alright, alright, I've seen all that before. Look, I get why you guys want this, but they won't be working on the game forever, and I'd rather get the game stabilised and maybe get some more important tweaks/additions (combat, AI, etc.). And in the grand scheme of things, this we can do without - people been playing TES/new Fallout games forever and nobody is bothered that you can't eat or drink there, it's not even in the top of any mods for any platform.

Alright, alright, I've seen all that before. Look, I get why you guys want this, but they won't be working on the game forever, and I'd rather get the game stabilised and maybe get some more important tweaks/additions (combat, AI, etc.). And in the grand scheme of things, this we can do without - people been playing TES/new Fallout games forever and nobody is bothered that you can't eat or drink there, it's not even in the top of any mods for any platform.

in the case of the latest Fallout, they take the time to cook or prepare what is manufactured with the corresponding animation in third or first person view ( vainilla ).
it is not an impediment to do so or that it involves a great difficulty, it was just not considered.
far cry and bioshock have cute animations when consuming or using objects.
Even so, the mechanics of eating in cyberpunk I see it badly raised, I do not see much benefit reflected in the combat itself

Guest 4400165

in the case of the latest Fallout, they take the time to cook or prepare what is manufactured with the corresponding animation in third or first person view ( vainilla ).
Yeah, but not eating/drinking, though.
it is not an impediment to do so or that it involves a great difficulty, it was just not considered.
Mhm, I would say it's not implemented. They already have drinking animations. They'd have to make those and sitting available.
Eating gets trickier, because you need to create an actual object that's right in front of players eyes, not a small picture. Can't get away with a generic bowl of *something*.
Fixing wounds/bandaging and/or shoving a huge syringe in - same here with the air hypos. FarCry never had any consumable food, but in Bioshock games consuming food/drinks is not animated either.

I can think of Final Fantasy XV that exceed but have a good system for cooking and eating 🤣. ;d

Even so, the mechanics of eating in cyberpunk I see it badly raised, I do not see much benefit reflected in the combat itself
I think that very few times I have used the food and drink that I have encountered in the game to heal myself. You have thousands of healing shots, why wasting time ... it makes no sense, I see it even childish ...

I think that very few times I have used the food and drink that I have encountered in the game to heal myself. You have thousands of healing shots, why wasting time ... it makes no sense, I see it even childish ...

Maybe because people play differently? Is this really so hard to grasp?

Again modders sweep in there and people do use those mods.

Maybe because people play differently? Is this really so hard to grasp?
Very good point!!!

I can think of Final Fantasy XV that exceed but have a good system for cooking and eating 🤣. ;d
I did love Final Fantasy XV food scenes, These heroes actually eat to survive. I love it.

This is night city, Nero already told us 10 years ago ;)

Having this type of experience between missions is very cool.

Imagine after an assault mission that you have come out alive by luck, go to the strip club in the center of the city, sit in front of a dancer with your glass and enjoy like a child. These people have talent more than enough, they have already shown it in the main story of the game

Last edited:
Top Bottom