Eating/Drinking Not Animated. WHY NOT!!

+

More player animations (like eating/drinking) a feature I would like the DEV to eventually add?

• Positively yes, I want the DEV to eventually spend a little time making this better.

• Yes, it would have a positive effect on my game enjoyment

• No, it would have no effect at all on my game enjoyment.

• Absolutely no, I do not want the DEV to waste time on this.

• Do not care myself but I do not mind the DEV taking some time to do this eventually.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guest 3847602

There is so many small details in Dark Souls serie and it blows my mind every single time! And drinking/eating is important animation in those games so why not in Cyberpunk. :shrug:
In DS, eating and drinking is used for health and mana restoration. In Cyberpunk, you restore health with inhalers and injectors and their usage is animated.

Gothic games had drinking and eating animations back in early 2000. The game did not pause while u did this. You could be surprise attack while drinking a bottle of milk or eating a bread. NPCs would get mad if they saw u entering their house. Attack u if they saw u steal from them or someone else.
They would react if they saw u sneak. You could finish quests before taking them because the objective would be finished before talking to a certain NPC.(ex killing a certain animal or enemy NPC roaming the world randomly and then after talking with the NPC u just collect the reward) .
You could sit on chairs, benches. Steal almost anything and pickpocket anyone. Sleep in any bed.

In 2020 most of these things, such degree of freedom seem impossible in certain games.
Cyberpunk 2077 does not have basic things from early 2000.
Exactly!!!
Post automatically merged:

In DS, eating and drinking is used for health and mana restoration. In Cyberpunk, you restore health with inhalers and injectors and their usage is animated.
True that. And i love that detail still they have so many great interesting looking food items and drinks and all they do is a buff. And what about Bars and Restaurants. You have like ZERO reasons to visit them outside of quests and those places look so cool.

Guest 4564903

You can drink in Watch Dogs, stand at a bar and watch the same animation for a second or two, I've done that once in all three games and it adds nothing, really don't see what the big deal is about.

Last thing I want is the devs to waste time on stuff like this when there are way more important things to deal with.

You can drink in Watch Dogs, stand at a bar and watch the same animation for a second or two, I've done that once in all three games and it adds nothing, really don't see what the big deal is about.

Last thing I want is the devs to waste time on stuff like this when there are way more important things to deal with.
Game is a MESS YES, so again this might be something for mod makers to give to us, And it's all about immersion for people who enjoy Roleplaying in RPG games, not for everyone. I personally loved those small details and animations in Watch Dogs 1 was it? I never touched 2 or legion.

Guest 4564903

Game is a MESS YES, so again this might be something for mod makers to give to us, And it's all about immersion for people who enjoy Roleplaying in RPG games, not for everyone. I personally loved those small details and animations in Watch Dogs 1 was it? I never touched 2 or legion.

They have those in 2 and Legions with the only difference being in Legions being the screen gets blurred so basically there is no point unless you want things to be harder to see for a short period.

If a modder did it then fine but I doubt its even possible as unlike Bethesda games CDPR only allow modders a low level of acess, hence why we only see asset changes rather than new ones being added in.

Guest 4519094

modders are adults, please do not speak for them bur rather for your own name only thx,
also that feature could be added since monthes already ... so if you're here to deter good vibes
you're doing an excellent job, that's the only reason such mod hasn't been released yet ...
the horrible treatment of creators that contribute their time FOR FREE

Guest 4564903

modders are adults, please do not speak for them bur rather for your own name only thx,
also that feature could be added since monthes already ... so if you're here to deter good vibes
you're doing an excellent job, that's the only reason such mod hasn't been released yet ...
the horrible treatment of creators that contribute their time FOR FREE

What are you talking about!

Guest 4519094

who knows :)
to reiterate, that feature is already ready to be shipped,
wouldn't expect any single modder to do it in the current climate though ;)

Guest 4564903

who knows :)
to reiterate, that feature is already ready to be shipped,
wouldn't expect any single modder to do it in the current climate though ;)

What current climate, most people congratulate modders for their work. There is no mod on the Nexus that makes it so you can sit at a food stall or bar and drink and eat.

If a modder has done such a thing then why would they not put it up, because somebody said a bad word about them, if that's the case then stuff those people as most really appreciate modders work especially with broken games like this and all Bethesda games.

Guest 4519094

If a modder has done such a thing then why would they not put it up, because somebody said a bad word about them, if that's the case then stuff those people as most really appreciate modders work especially with broken games like this and all Bethesda games.
no idea what that means, and you are probably very grossly underestimating the number of creators that stopped producing cyberpunk content because of harassment and death threats, even this right now is confrontational when it should be the opposite,
all that had to be said has been and reiterated already, thanks to those who read up to now, and a good day to the others too.

Guest 4564903

no idea what that means, and you are probably very grossly underestimating the number of creators that stopped producing cyberpunk content because of harassment and death threats, even this right now is confrontational when it should be the opposite,
all that had to be said has been and reiterated already, thanks to those who read up to now, and a good day to the others too.

If you think me disagreeing with you is confrontational then I cannot help that.

Not sure what I mean? We its obvious, a lot of people greatly appreciate modders, what I meant is quite obvious.

Considering Cyberpunk in six months has become one of the twenty most modded and downloaded games on the Nexus your claims that modders are quitting in great numbers without any evidence does not stack up.

I have not heard anything about this, But people who make mods to better your gaming experience for free or even for small patreon fees deserve all the love and respect, death threats against modders is a highest form of gamin sin! May the gaming machines burn in hellfire for those who ever do that shit. :disapprove: And i do believe some animations i want to see our V do are already in game but only for NPCs, and you do see V interact in bars during the main quest, downing shots and so on. So it might be possible i hope it is possible but again i am no modder and i have no skills on that front. :cry:

Food gives you buffs in game, no different from DS consumables .. that also have animations
Little difference, in my opinion.
Foods/Drinks and other items like that give you "out-combat" buff (useless to eat a pizza during a fight...)
Healing items can be use in combat. The animation is only here for prevent shooting/aiming/hacking or doing anything during this short time (you fight or you heal yourself, impossible to do both at the same time)
But I'm not against them also having an animation :)

Foods/Drinks and other items like that give you "out-combat" buff (useless to eat a pizza during a fight...)
Healing items can be use in combat. The animation is only here for prevent shooting/aiming/hacking or doing anything during this short time (you fight or you heal yourself, impossible to do both at the same time)
in real life eating a slice of pizza can guarantee you win a fight 🤣. :ok:

Guest 3847602

Very true:

This game was sold on the idea of being hyper-immersive. Their whole excuse for switching to a first-person perspective was to make the game more immersive for players. So, yeah - I want this feature added, because I think they originally intended to include it, but rushed it out unfinished. I just want them to finish the game.

This game was sold on the idea of being hyper-immersive. Their whole excuse for switching to a first-person perspective was to make the game more immersive for players. So, yeah - I want this feature added, because I think they originally intended to include it, but rushed it out unfinished. I just want them to finish the game.

Take this with a grain of salt as is just a my personal theory but the "First person is more immersive" argument i think it was in reality "We can't be bothered to make all the animations that a third person game requires so we make the game totally in first person with not third person cutscene and save time and resources"

V starts to eat a delicious slice of pizza. An enemie attacks V. V smashes the pizza at the enemie's face. The petfect weapon.

In my martial arts organization we had to ban all pizza 12 hours before tournaments! Marinara sauce hidden in beer bottles * was a constant issue after the new regulations. One of our well know Champions had all their awards strip from them after he was caught with high levels of glutamate and phenolic acid in his "samples" test. ;)

* in the very early days of our group beer was allowed as we are a medieval studies organization. Home brews at almost all events! THOSE were the days! :giggle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom