Economy balance, or lack there of.

+

Is the econony absurd?

• Total voters

ya1

Forum regular
For the crit chance, i really don´t understand this, because if you open the stats, you never see 100% crit chance, no matter what you do, i think the game put a max limit, but never test it in game to see how this works...

The number on the stat screen is your innate crit chance from the perks, armor mods and cybers. I'm talking about the stat that is displayed on the weapons. The latter is not included in the former. It is added to it. So if you got 44% on the screen and 120% on the gun then you shoot with 164% crit chance. So you got 64% more chance to crit than the poor sods with a 100% who only crit every time.

My point is who was the bigbrain who decided that crit chance should scale over 100%? What is the point of the probability of something exceeding 100% certainty? This very nonsensical twist basically paints the picture of how retarded the whole design of this game's mechanics is. And it doesn't get any better elsewhere...

its kind of realistic that every person who uses a weapon drops that weapon if you kill them. And you don't have to deal with it, you can just leave weapons on the floor, thats what I did when I leveled crafting and had no actual need for them. I get that you would prefer less trash, but there is nothing intrinsicly wrong dudes dropping their weapons, or shops charging a lot for endgame weapons
Youre technically right, just not so much in this particular case?

Let me explain.
There are games similar to CP where enemies drop their wespons and what they're wearing.

There are games where enemies dont drop anything or just give you some form of money.

Then you have cyberpunk which tried to go for a high level of immersion as stated by the marketing etc, enemies drop weapon and sometimes... Random clothing? Not what they are wearing, something random. Like a freaking pink t shirt.

And yes, buying high level end game gear should be expensive, the problem is the horrible and nonsensical immersion breaking implementation of "hey pay 150k for my nova revolver" type of vendors.

Nova for 150k. Anyone would laugh at you for buying a nova for that much :p

Excuse typos/short post, Im on mobile.

- Lexington point: hey you assume there is any sanity to be found in such matters. Like, sure, if this assumption would be true, then i'd much agree with your point there. But it ain't! It's a game where you set fire via some hack to a person under water. It's a game where you can summon a car on top of a skyscraper jump down some 40+ floors and happily drive away, even with no visible damage if you made a neat landing. It's a game where future advancements in automotive technology and ground-breaking discoveries in physics (like obvious anti-gravity, Hanako's parade and all) - resulted in sport and hyper cars going 2+ times SLOWER than present days cars go (if you didn't see my post about it - indicated "speed" is not actually mph, not even km/h - but some ~1.38 times smaller "units" of speed than km/h, resulting in top speed of some ~150...160 km/h for fastest cars in game). So, it's a strange world, and often it's lying to ya. Get used bro. Night city's fun that a way. :p

Ah, now I see where you are coming from: "It's a game set in an unrealistic universe, so nothing has to make any sense."

I could not disagree more. Things in a game like this don't have to be "realistic". But they 100% and without exception must be "believable." Otherwise it's just like running around and pointing your finger and calling your finger a laser gun. In fact, that would be a fine game element by your argument...point finger and say bang and it's just as good as a believable gun, because, you know, it's an unrealistic game world.

Your argument on the word "economy" is ridiculous. The term "game economy" has been used for decades to describe how games distribute and dispose of resources, whether game money, obects like weapons and armor, or upgrades. You can't just wave your hand and say "game economies don't exist because I say so." Well you can, but that would be even more unhinged than the argument you made.

Youre technically right, just not so much in this particular case?

Let me explain.
There are games similar to CP where enemies drop their wespons and what they're wearing.

There are games where enemies dont drop anything or just give you some form of money.
One think that i find strange is, you collect everything, after the fight, you dismantle everything you get and you have no extra weight more this, you don´t even have to deposit stuff in your car if you want, you can just go on, in W3 you have to find someone to dismantle stuff or sell stuff, so many times you just skip the loot.

Probably will get a lot of hate for saying this, but i really like bethesda games on this, NPC´s have all the gear the player have, clothes, weapons, some cash or food etc...

its kind of realistic that every person who uses a weapon drops that weapon if you kill them. And you don't have to deal with it, you can just leave weapons on the floor, thats what I did when I leveled crafting and had no actual need for them. I get that you would prefer less trash, but there is nothing intrinsicly wrong dudes dropping their weapons, or shops charging a lot for endgame weapons

I like the Skyrim model. If somebody uses an axe against you, you can loot that axe. If they are wearing a leather jacket, you can loot that. It makes no sense that somebody in CP2077 is wearing a spiked leather vest, but when you loot them you get a business suit. Did they have that in their back pocket? And you can only ever loot exactly ONE item from an enemy, plus their weapon. Dumb as hell.

You don't have to loot everything somebody drops. In Skyrim in the early game you gather everything and sell it because you have nothing. Later on you inspect it and leave 90% of it because it's not not interesting and too much trouble to sell (plus you have stricter weight limits than in CP2077).

Your argument on the word "economy" is ridiculous. The term "game economy" has been used for decades to describe how games distribute and dispose of resources, whether game money, obects like weapons and armor, or upgrades. You can't just wave your hand and say "game economies don't exist because I say so." Well you can, but that would be even more unhinged than the argument you made.
And i don't wave my hand and say that. Note the WoW example i made. Many games have game economies, yes. Yet many others do not. Certainly one would not say there is "game economy" in Tetris, would they? Yet, Tetris is a game. This one here game - doesn't have economy, in my opinion. Can't have something "broken" if it ain't there to begin with. I wave my hand at that.

P.S. And mind you, all this talk i did - is sort of Bingo the Clowno style. Grotesque, sort of - this poll is all in the style to begin with, is it not? And if you're not familiar with the Bingo - here, you can see him do his thing:

;)

And i don't wave my hand and say that. Note the WoW example i made. Many games have game economies, yes. Yet many others do not. Certainly one would not say there is "game economy" in Tetris, would they? Yet, Tetris is a game. This one here game - doesn't have economy, in my opinion. Can't have something "broken" if it ain't there to begin with. I wave my hand at that.

P.S. And mind you, all this talk i did - is sort of Bingo the Clowno style. Grotesque, sort of - this poll is all in the style to begin with, is it not? And if you're not familiar with the Bingo - here, you can see him do his thing:

;)

Tetris has no game economy because the game has no resources to accumulate or manage. CP2077 has money, which is by definition an economic construct. Anywhere money exists an economy exists. Economics exist in CP2077 because they are literally programmed into the game.

QED

Top Bottom