Economy? Dynamic events? And what with all that gold?

+
Economy? Dynamic events? And what with all that gold?

I'd wish for 3 things...

1. We need something ... dynamic and living to spent our coin. First idea that popped in my mind was a dynamic economy system for certain goods, which are mined/harvested, later used in production and so on. This stuff could partially be build by the player too, for alot of coin investment and certain goods, so the player can take part in the economy, to produce goods on his own, have his own farms / mines, ppl working for him and so on.
And he obviously could buy/build a house to store his crap.

The player then also had to pay protection for those establishments or do it by himself once they are attacked by monsters or bandits.

2. Does TW3 have a script system? One that could be used to create random events?
Step one would be to turn contracts respawnable, so the player could pick up another contract at a certain villige from time to time.
Step two would be creating events that happen to the player while he's out exploring, not following the main quest or triggering a sidequest.

3. Gold. Well, part 1 concerns that issue already, but it would also be nice to have certain things.... that can't be collected so easily by the player.
So he'd have to buy it. I'm running around with 20k Gold, no reason to spent a dime.
Maybe some further advanced bolts that use materials which can't be crafted by the player.
Or probably just rasing the craft price for certain materials and removing them from the loot list, like special ingots or other things.

Or implement spoiling food, so the player had to buy some food from time to time at least.
Aaaaand that rediculous one alcohol bottle thats spent to refill all available potions the player has.... pls?! xD

--

Am i the only one who feels like there could be so much more?
I'm looking forward what they have in mind regarding modding tools.
If TW3 has a scripting system all those things could be modded aswell.

Just a couple ideas. :)

Last edited:
I think they just added too many lootable objects and didn't factor in the massive world. The game doesn't intend for the player to loot every single container, however most people do in these type of games, and it results in having everything you need and massive amounts of extras to sell. I feel like 50% of my time playing is just running around with Witcher Senses on looting objects. I got really sick of it after after ~70 hours I kind of stop just looting things unless they were a chest.

Cutting the lootable "junk" objects in half would probably fix most of the issues... and make the game less tedious.

Consider always buying the following:
- Every diagram you come across.
- Every treasure map you come across.
- Every Gwent card you come across.
- 10-20 of every herb as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Money sink or lack thereof is a problem with every RPG. I had literally hundreds of thousands of gold in the other Triple A RPG, Skyrim with nothing to spend it on...and this was after I had bought up all the housing properties and upgraded all their perks.

I think they just added too many lootable objects and didn't factor in the massive world. The game doesn't intend for the player to loot every single container, however most people do in these type of games, and it results in having everything you need and massive amounts of extras to sell. I feel like 50% of my time playing is just running around with Witcher Senses on looting objects. I got really sick of it after after ~70 hours I kind of stop just looting things unless they were a chest.

Cutting the lootable "junk" objects in half would probably fix most of the issues... and make the game less tedious.

Agree, the Witcher 1 was far superior in that aspect to The Witcher 3. I don't know why they decided to take the rout they took on The Witcher 2, with all the unnecessary junk items, tons of worthless swords and amours and all the unnecessary crafting materials that the merchants/blacksmith should be providing in stead of us(timber, iron, rope, etc)

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Suggestions?p=1686158&viewfull=1#post1686158

1. We need something ... dynamic and living to spent our coin. First idea that popped in my mind was a dynamic economy system for certain goods, which are mined/harvested, later used in production and so on. This stuff could partially be build by the player too, for alot of coin investment and certain goods, so the player can take part in the economy, to produce goods on his own, have his own farms / mines, ppl working for him and so on.

The player then also had to pay protection for those establishments or do it by himself once they are attacked by monsters or bandits.

Not really the kind of game The WItcher 3 is...that would make no sense story wise.

I havent played the game yet, lol, (because i have not enought gpu power) but i think maybe its easier for devs (or modders) to create money sinking dlc that wont interfere with current game: for example, an island you can go to and clear from epic monster and start upgrading the place. Hire workers to take down trees and build a small house (later possibly a village). There could be all kinds of interesting upgrade and recruitment missions attached to it.

Just some thoughts...

I'm thinking it will be the player mods that will extend the game beyond the events, and I do want dynamic events of some kind. The game world is so vast that is deserves a strong open world mod community bringing out all possibilities.

I havent played the game yet, lol, (because i have not enought gpu power) but i think maybe its easier for devs (or modders) to create money sinking dlc that wont interfere with current game: for example, an island you can go to and clear from epic monster and start upgrading the place. Hire workers to take down trees and build a small house (later possibly a village). There could be all kinds of interesting upgrade and recruitment missions attached to it.

Just some thoughts...

Exactly. :)
Hope u can manage to get that new graphics card soon. ^^ TW3 is to die for. :s I never witnessed that many epic moments in a single game. :D

And well, lets see what kind of modding opportunities may arise.

I must need to sell more things, since I'm just at the start of Act I and I have 9 crowns to my name. How about hides, sell or dismantle them?

I must need to sell more things, since I'm just at the start of Act I and I have 9 crowns to my name. How about hides, sell or dismantle them?

I'd love the feature to see within the dismantle menu how many dismanteled items u have in your inventory and what the smith would pay for them.
Currently u should check how many pieces of lether (and other things) u have. If u have enough, sell them. If not, dismantle them.

Last edited:
Exactly. :)
Hope u can manage to get that new graphics card soon. ^^ TW3 is to die for. :s I never witnessed that many epic moments in a single game. :D

And well, lets see what kind of modding opportunities may arise.

Jeah, i know, i have been driving myself crazy with Witcher 3, trying not to spoil it but lurking around here and reading all of your praises... :D I hope i can get new gpu soon!

I am currently playing Witcher 2 (on intel hd 4600, all things at lowest and some low resolution, good enought framerate) and i love the combat mechanics. I would see myself blown away with W3 graphics at high when i get new gpu.

But returnig to topic. I somehow think that modders will make a mod sooner than devs are able to - devs probably have this whole yearbooked with all of the expansions and dlc's and bugfixes.

But returnig to topic. I somehow think that modders will make a mod sooner than devs are able to - devs probably have this whole yearbooked with all of the expansions and dlc's and bugfixes.

Depends what kinda tools are gonna be available. I've been digging through the gamefiles for quite a while now, but didn't stumble over any scripts yet...
But i'll keep digging. :s

Well one area to spend your gold on is in the greater runes. Each one will cost between 1,000 and 2,000. You will need 6 for swords and at least 4 for clothing for a total cost of up to 20K gold. On lower difficulties they are not important but they help a great deal on the higher ones. I also buy all the schematics, diagrams, maps, etc. and that adds up. Finally I'm impatient at times and don't want to farm a harder to get item (say amber) so I'll spend 1K on that as needed.

I'd wish for 3 things...

2. Does TW3 have a script system? One that could be used to create random events?
Step one would be to turn contracts respawnable, so the player could pick up another contract at a certain villige from time to time.
Step two would be creating events that happen to the player while he's out exploring, not following the main quest or triggering a sidequest.

3. Gold. Well, part 1 concerns that issue already, but it would also be nice to have certain things.... that can't be collected so easily by the player.
So he'd have to buy it. I'm running around with 20k Gold, no reason to spent a dime.
Maybe some further advanced bolts that use materials which can't be crafted by the player.
Or probably just rasing the craft price for certain materials and removing them from the loot list, like special ingots or other things.

Or implement spoiling food, so the player had to buy some food from time to time at least.
Aaaaand that rediculous one alcohol bottle thats spent to refill all available potions the player has.... pls?! xD

--

Am i the only one who feels like there could be so much more?
I'm looking forward what they have in mind regarding modding tools.
If TW3 has a scripting system all those things could be modded aswell.

Just a couple ideas. :)

Certainly this, for me anyway. I've been hoping for a long time they would add respawnable monster contracts, to generate money when you need it and to have something cool to do once you beat the main quest and side missions. I understand that everything is hand crafted, but I also enjoy role playing as a Witcher, and once I've done everything...There's no more role playing besides restarting the whole game (at least in with quests). Technically I could just roam the country looking for monsters to kill, then pretend it's for a contract to turn in...but it would be more RP immersion friendly for it to be an actual contract I've taken

Certainly this, for me anyway. I've been hoping for a long time they would add respawnable monster contracts, to generate money when you need it and to have something cool to do once you beat the main quest and side missions. I understand that everything is hand crafted, but I also enjoy role playing as a Witcher, and once I've done everything...There's no more role playing besides restarting the whole game (at least in with quests). Technically I could just roam the country looking for monsters to kill, then pretend it's for a contract to turn in...but it would be more RP immersion friendly for it to be an actual contract I've taken

I actually was under the impression that the background simulation would do at least some of that... like reclaimed "abandoned sites" getting attacked by monsters and being abandoned again etc. Wasn't that the original plan? Not random monster contracts, but some dynamic events...

Anyhu: The loot system is not really suited for the kind of economy that is in the game... it's far to apparent that the loot should have been used for other forms of crafting originally, but became obsolete due to changes in the system.

Last edited:
I actually was under the impression that the background simulation would do at least some of that... like reclaimed "abandoned sites" getting attacked by monsters and being abandoned again etc. Wasn't that the original plan? Not random monster contracts, but some dynamic events...

Anyhu: The loot system is not really suited for the kind of economy that is in the game... it's far to apparent that the loot should have been used for other forms of crafting originally, but became obsolete due to changes in the system.

Hopefully you're right about that. I hadn't heard. They wouldn't necessarily have to be random contracts. I could see CDPR coming up with a really cool, dynamic way of doing it. Maybe they could have contracts only appear for monsters that have already popped up somewhere on the map. That way it wouldn't really feel like just another random quest generator. It would be an actual contract that has only been given out because a troublesome monster has actually spawned.

Top Bottom