Edibles and drinking options in Witcher 3

+

• Yes, like in Witcher 1(edibles, alcoholic and non-alchoholic drink, drinking games and gift system).

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Yes, but only regarding alcohol (drinking games and gift system).

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Okay, but make it completely optional, and no drinking games or gift system).

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Yes, and add an optional Hardcore mode like the one in Fallout New Vegas.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No, edibles and drink aren't necessary at all. Maybe in an in-game cutscene but that's it.

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Should edibles(food) and drink be available like in Witcher 1 or absent, or limited to in-game cutscenes, like in Witcher 2?

EDIT 2014: Resurrected another poll and thread from last year. Again, this poll didn't survive the forum change, and since I can't edit the poll after creating it I tried to have as many choices as possible.
Food only available as junk in junk section is no longer available. Just select no, it's the same thing. Enjoy! :cheers:

Last edited:
Csszr said:
I never really roleplayed into it so far as to eat, not exactly related but I do miss being able to drink in dialogue with characters.

I found myself both eating and selling food when playing Witcher 1. I felt that edibles and a drunk Geralt added atmosphere. That NPCs asked for food and drink sometimes in exchange for stories of monsters, lore, or alchemy formulas was a great feature. I do hope that CDPR bring back the drinking mini-game!

Bring back drinking. Doing business without drinking is like having sex without foreplay.

You should be able to get deals or information you couldn't get otherwise, or get put into really off-the-wall quests, by getting drunk with the right people.

"Drinking with you's a fucking treat." [Thaler]

"To paradise, on whores' arses!" [Thirteen]

Ragnarous said:
If you want this you are in the wrong game. Get Skyrim for this...

I did get Skyrim, but not because of that reason. /> Two years before that I got The Witcher Enhanched Edition, but not for that reason either. The option to eat and drink was still there though. I find the feature to add to the atmosphere.

I don't think eating or drinking should be required to survive but it could definitely enhance our gameplay experience.

I do like those drinking mini games and actually kept some food with me in TW1 to boost vitality regeneration. Also I think drinking is a cultural element of Polish business making. Like Gregski explained a while ago, people who drink have nothing to hide.

And I fucking like drinking.

alcohol was very well implemented in TW1. It was a resource we could use to influence people, as an alchemical base for potions, to participate in certain social events, or for pure enjoyment. We could also sell alcohol as it was very valuable. It took space in our inventory and being a non essential but useful item it added a degree of planning and resource utilization.

Meanwhile in Witcher 2.

Zoltan: What's wrong with ya, Geralt?
Geralt: I want to drink... dying of thirst...
Triss: *push*
Geralt: ...

HumanHonor said:
Meanwhile in Witcher 2.

Zoltan: What's wrong with ya, Geralt? />
Geralt: I want to drink... dying of thirst... />
Triss: *push* />
Geralt: ... />

What's that from?

Volsung said:
I don't think eating or drinking should be required to survive but it could definitely enhance our gameplay experience.

I do like those drinking mini games and actually kept some food with me in TW1 to boost vitality regeneration. Also I think drinking is a cultural element of Polish business making. Like Gregski explained a while ago, people who drink have nothing to hide.

And I fucking like drinking.

Hear hear! Cheers!

I definitely hope it will make a return since it added a bit to the atmosphere to be able to get shitfaced occasionally. At the very least, they should add some sort of drinking mini-game to local taverns or something of the like.
Also I'd really like it if Geralt could smoke his pipe whenever - just for giggles.

Top Bottom