Edit/add character conversation options for the witcher 2

+
Hello everyone.

I'm quite new to modding, but I've decided to make a mod/fix for the W2 EE wild hunt conversations. For example:

In Act I, you can tell dandelion "My memories are returning", which results in a journal entry about wild hunt. Then, after questioning the elven prisoner at the barge and getting the "Isle of avallach" flashback, you can talk about it either with Roche OR with Dandelion (not both, unfortunately), but in order to do so, you must not have told Dandelion "My memories are returning" earlier. I'm trying to fix this, so that you can 1) Tell dandelion about returning memories AND 2) Tell Roche about the Isle of Avallach AND 3) Tell Dandelion about the Isle of Avallach.

Also, in Act II, you can discuss the Song of the Hunt with Dandelion after triggering a flashback involving the "Ravine of the Hydra", but only in Roche's path...not in Iorveth's path - and I want to fix this as well,

I know the string Id's of these conversation options, and I want to map them/remove some triggers of them, though i don't know how. I think .w2scene files have something to do with that, but I cannot open them. Does anyone know how to do so, or how to add some conversation options to characters in general?

Thank you very much for support.

Done! Thanks for the patience - I've even managed to fix the bug about having the book - If you don't have it, you can't mention it to Dandelion. If you do have it, simple tell him that you remember something, then mention the book (sorry, this was the only way i could make it). Fix for act I included.

I will post it to nexus mods as well (in 3-4 hours after i return from da gym), so don't forget to leave a like!

unzip into the *Installation Path*/CookedPC folder.

Attachments

• Wild Hunt fix - complete.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 182

Guest 3847602

Thanks! Just tried it out and I can confirm that it works as it should.
Seems kinda surreal to see this old, annoying bug finally squashed. Cheers!:beer:

Top Bottom