Edit and Saving W2Ent Files?

+
Edit and Saving W2Ent Files?

So recently, I've looking for a way to fix a bow glitch found on some of the female elf npcs, and I came to suspect that their w2ent files were the likely culprit, specifically, data found in the CEntityTemplate #1 Chunk. I tried to adjust a few values using the Mod Editor tool, but that just ended up crashing the game every time when I spawned the npc in question for testing.

So my question is this: can the Mod Editor tool make changes to the W2ent files? If so, is there a tutorial on how to safely edit and rebundle the modified w2ent files?

If it crashes, you messed it up. Not everything that can be edited by the editor should actually be edited. And yes, the editor can edit every file so far fine, except that some stuff still can't be read, which probably also leads to more problems.

If it crashes, you messed it up. Not everything that can be edited by the editor should actually be edited. And yes, the editor can edit every file so far fine, except that some stuff still can't be read, which probably also leads to more problems.

After some more testing, it seems that w2ent (or at least the CEntity Template chunk) probably shouldn't be edited for the time being. I guess I can hope either w2ent will eventually be fully editable, or CDProjektRed will have patched the bug by then.

:doubt2:

After some more testing, it seems that w2ent (or at least the CEntity Template chunk) probably shouldn't be edited for the time being. I guess I can hope either w2ent will eventually be fully editable, or CDProjektRed will have patched the bug by then.

What exactly are you trying to edit?

Basically, for a few female npcs that have a bow in their inventory, rather than having the bow equipped to their back, the bow kind of clips through the ground at their feet.

My current theory is that the affected npcs lack a specific slot variable (bow_back_slot) in their CEntity Template chunk, as a result, the game doesn't how to put the bow correctly on the bugged npcs. So I been trying to add a new bow_back_slot manually in the npc's w2ent file.

Unfortunately, all that did was crash the game when the npc is spawned. And when I tried to open the saved w2ent file from Mod Editor, that gave me a memory overflow error.

Basically, for a few female npcs that have a bow in their inventory, rather than having the bow equipped to their back, the bow kind of clips through the ground at their feet.

My current theory is that the affected npcs lack a specific slot variable (bow_back_slot) in their CEntity Template chunk, as a result, the game doesn't how to put the bow correctly on the bugged npcs. So I been trying to add a new bow_back_slot manually in the npc's w2ent file.

Unfortunately, all that did was crash the game when the npc is spawned. And when I tried to open the saved w2ent file from Mod Editor, that gave me a memory overflow error.

There is a bug, I'm reading a UInt32 and writing a UInt16 in sappearanceattachment, so thats why you cant save w2ent atm, will upload a fix in a second

---------- Updated at 01:58 AM ----------

Uploaded.

Thanks so much! Will test it out right away.

---------- Updated at 02:32 AM ----------

First, Mod Editor works beautifully. Thanks again for the prompt update.

Secondly, I was right in my assumption. The lack of the bow slot is exactly what's causing the glitch. No more stupid clipping bows.

Top Bottom