Edit Character

+
Edit Character

Hi.

I looking for edit character and change completely the original mesh.
Where i can found a 3D asset (like .3ds or .fbx) with Bones to create new character.
What is the Workflow to customize character on REDkit?

thanks =)

Attachments

• befordurinafta.jpg
    befordurinafta.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 89
  • CANON.jpg
    CANON.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 83
Thats why I would love to use Softimage to export everything into the RedKit, because I have all the skeleton ( included facial rigging ) ready to go

CDProjekt guys, please please please, make an exporter for Softimage or allow FBX export, I'm eager to develop my game with the RedKit!!!!

Skeleton template in softimage match with those of Witcher2 caracters? (bones references) :confused:
Have you tested if it worked ?

make an exporter for Softimage or allow FBX export
Why you dont export from SoftImage to 3DS, and use Script to export FBX ?

I'm not interested for just mapping, or made quest. I want to custom character and build a real mod !
Sculpt new characters, monsters, costumes, weapons, and more, for new experience!

Last edited:
Skeleton template in softimage match with those of Witcher2 caracters? (bones references) :confused:
Have you tested if it worked ?

Why you dont export from SoftImage to 3DS, and use Script to export FBX ?

I'm not interested for just mapping, or made quest. I want to custom character and build a real mod !
Sculpt new characters, monsters, costumes, weapons, and more, for new experience!

Unfortunately right now I can't test the RedKit because I'm away for work, but during this weekend I'll take a look if is possible to get thru the RedKit engine via 3ds by exporting my custom rig from Softimage
As far as I know lots of stuff are corret bones naming, and I'm really interested to see the structure of the skeletal rig

Anyway to reply about not using 3ds: because it cost 4$grands and I really don't want to buy it just to export stuff, and because I switched to Softimage from 3ds because I couldn't take that anymore and I will never dream to go back to 3ds, but anyone is comfortable with its own 3d program, thats just my opinion ;)
Right now I'm going to donwload the trial and see if it works
Too bad that just mainstream 3d programs are well supported while other are left in the shadow
Thats why FBX is a fair solution for everyone :)

Ok, I'm agree with Nick. Try to do it this week and tell me if it work please.

I am disappointed to not have more response on this topic....
As an artist, i'm really interested to add new caracters and costumes in TW2.
But if we cant do that with REDkit and i return to UDK :eek:

I am disappointed that REDkit is just a mapping tool. :(
I know we can import static Assets, but i realy intersted by caracter design.

We just need a simple caracter model with bones informations.
Please CDprojekt, SHARE IT !!! Explain how to create and custom caracters please !!!

All character parts use bones informations for animations, if we dont have that, we cant customize characters.
But, you can modifie materials... (but what interest)

what about characters who share the same bones? i'm pretty sure most of the soldier characters have the same body bones as geralt. and their models are cut into pices(helmet, head, torso, legs, arms), would it be possible, say, replace geralt's pants model with the model for helmet, torso, legs, and arms, then turn off the models for geralt's jacket and shoe model, making it look as if geralt's head is on another character's body. i found at least one w2ent file that is set up this way(it's in the item/ghost section of the content folder once you extract it. i want to find a way to create this type of file, but it seems the compilation method i'm using is not gibing me the right results.

Most of the "common" characters share the same bone structure, some might have 4/5 in plus/minus, depends, but otherwise the main bones structure is the same, so making a custom character while keeping the same structure should work fine.

any more insight on the process? i open the asset browser, locate the geralt_ghost_kaedwen.w2ent, and it looks like it needs to be compiled in some way. has anyone figured out a script to do so? maybe a special character compile chamber consisting of a simple map and whatever script needed convert those raw assets into a version useable by the game, same as when you have to cook the npcs from their job identity files. but i am absolutely baffled by the script work.don't even know the file structure for it.

Hi all! So there is still full of a way to import models?
Specifically, I want to make a mod, but I need to change the model cynthia_nilfgaard_b1.2mesh and her import in 3ds max ,what is the way, have not found yet how can it possible?

Last edited:
Hi.
[...]
Where i can found a 3D asset (like .3ds or .fbx) with Bones to create new character.
Hi,

there's a python script from Szkaradek on Xentax forum.
But it's for blender 2.49 only. The parenting of the bones is missing but can be fixed manually.

This is an excerpt from an scoiatael_woman.fbx I exported after using Szkaradek's script on the corresponding w2mesh.
Code:
;Takes and animation section
;----------------------------------------------------

Takes:  {
	Current: "Default Take"
	Take: "Default Take" {
		FileName: "Default_Take.tak"
		LocalTime: 0,460014133680
		ReferenceTime: 0,460014133680

;Models animation
		;----------------------------------------------------
		Model: "Model::l_kneeRoll" {
			Version: 1.1
			Channel: "Transform" {
				Channel: "T" {
					Channel: "X" {
						Default: 0.000000152829827
						KeyVer: 4005
						Color: 1,0,0
					}
					Channel: "Y" {
						Default: -0.000000703746309
						Color: 0,1,0
					}
					Channel: "Z" {
						Default: -0.000000389131230
						Color: 0,0,1
					}
					LayerType: 1
				}
				Channel: "R" {
						Default: -0.000124938334920
					}
						Default: -0.000070667199907
					}
						Default: 0.000172637533979
					}
					LayerType: 2
				}
				Channel: "S" {
						Default: 1.000000000000000
					}
						Default: 1.000000000000000
					}
						Default: 1.000000119209290
					}
					LayerType: 3
				}
			}
		}

Didn't reimport the fbx neither know how to rebuild an w2mesh so far other than using REDkit (w2mesh?) exporter for 3dsmax.
I'm too lazy to install my old 3dsmax test version but I might upload the fbx after having "verified" it somehow.

Last edited:
From what I can tell, cdr use different formats for importing stuff. If you check a meshs "importfile", its usually tells from what it origins. Apart from .re, I've also seen .mmm (dont know this format) and lmf (lava mesh format, dont know either).

I've tried exporting a rigged/skinned object from 3dsmax through the .re format, and it does seem to work. Also, if you look under "raport" you can see the bones used, their name and influence value. So if you can recreate the skeleton with the right naming convention etc., I would assume it'll work. Need to test XD.

On a sidenote. Keep in mind the editor have just been released, more info will come, both from users and cdr. Skyrim/TES dont even have any official exporters, and without the amazing work from the people at nifscope.... well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom