Editing beardmesh

+
Editing beardmesh

Hey, guys!
I wanna my hero to have a beard, but there are a very small amount of beard meshes and none of them combines well with the head (Radovid's head). I mean beard somewhere "goes through" the face and that looks awful. So I'd like to edit a beard for a little bit. Nothing special: just movind some vertexes. But there's a problem: beards have skinning to the bones, so I'm not sure if it's possible to do what I need. Could you please give my any advices?

"Moving some vertices"?
If you mean "moving the whole beard" I could try to do it if you told me the name of your preferred beard mesh (and the man's name who's wearing it).

As for the bones: Asset Browser says the lefthanded beard having 18 the righthanded having 83 bones (although being smaller. There are bonenames like l_foot, l_toe so most of them are likely not to be used)
View attachment 5230

I guess if the w2rig of the man's head who's wearing your preferred beard ingame
is more or less similar to radovid__man_mimics.w2rig there should be no problems with the skinning.

Attachments

• W2_beards.JPG
    W2_beards.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Moving some vertexes*

"Moving the whole beard" is fine to me if it'll help to fix that.

So, I'm using citizen_guard2_beard3.w2mesh as my beard model and head from radovid_mimics.w2ent as head.

Would be very nice of you to make this combination to look nice.

here is the moved beard mesh:
http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1407878016
Be sure to hold a copy of the original citizen_guard2_beard3.w2mesh before replacing it.

The loading into the Entity Editor seems to be ok but I did no further testing.

btw: now I understand what you mean with "moving some vertices".
Seems that beard doesn't fit optimal to Radovid's face near his ears.

edit: well, "replacing" is a bad idea cause it would affect other npcs wearing this beard.
iirc you'll need to create a copy of radovid_mimics.w2ent and (in the Entity Editor) apply
the renamed beard (citizen_guard2_beard3_b.w2mesh) or something like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom