Editing inputUserMappings.xml causes crash on load

+
Hi all, I am left handed and followed some other advice on this forum to be able to edit my keymaps especially the "IK_F" key for better game play. This worked great until the recent patch which now causes the game to crash on load. Once I do "verify integrity of game files..." from the Steam menu everything works again but the inputUserMappings.xml file is overwritten again back to "IK_F". The only key I am remapping is "IK_F" to "IK_NumPad7" and it works after I have edited the file and the game launches fine. However, the next day or next time I play the game crashes on load again and I have to verify the install and then edit again, which is a major pain. There seems to be some file integrity check of sorts that happens when you launch the game which then causes this. Any other ideas or work arounds ? (Copying an already edited version of the file over the file before I start gameplay does not work, I seem to have to edit the "file of the day")

Doesn't make any sense to me.

If the mappings xml is causing a crash, it should trigger the moment after it was edited.
However, I too have changed hardcoded key maps via the xml, but I have never experienced a crash due to that.
Worst case it would only mess up your controls, e.g. not being able to press a button, or causing a conflict with another one.

Did you make sure your SSD or HDD is ok too?
Could be caused due to other game files getting corrupted.

Cheers
TalentX

Top Bottom