Editing the Head Texture of Geralt (.xbm)

+
Editing the Head Texture of Geralt (.xbm)

Does anyone know which kind of program I can use to open and edit a .xbm file? I've been searching for hours and programs like gimps are apparently supposed to be able to open it, but I only get error reports when I want to open the file.
I would really like to change the texture of the face of Geralt to make him appear a little bit younger for Lykaon. Can someone help me?

Or instead of doing all that nonsense. He could double click on the texture he wants so it's loaded, close it and then right click it and just choose "Export Asset" and export as a .dds. But that's just how I would do it.

Or instead of doing all that nonsense. He could double click on the texture he wants so it's loaded, close it and then right click it and just choose "Export Asset" and export as a .dds. But that's just how I would do it.
Well, and how does one get the changes back into the xbm?

Maybe my "nonsense" might be required though. If you've an appropriate answer,ok then forget it.

He just imports it back, the .xbm is just a "compressed" format. Whenever you import a texture it gets compressed according to the settings in the "textureGroup" that you choose when you import it.

Yes, exporting the xbm made it to a dds and I could modify it. I have a nice retextured Geralt head mesh now, but now I am struggling to find where I can set that the "Player" character chooses this head mesh instead of the default one.

where I can set that the "Player" character chooses this head mesh instead of the default one.
Guess you can add (or replace?) it in the witcher_mimics.w2ent, Entity editor, Heads tab, meshesForBaseHead.

Seems to be the only w2ent, where geralts head mesh is referenced to.(although it appears in Template properties tab of geralt_component.w2ent, too, because this w2ent includes the mimics.w2ent)

Last edited:
Yes, replacing it is no problem, but then only I would have the new texture. I need the "Player file" in my Lykaon folder, because otherwise my Lykaon head would always search its root file in the original Witcher 2 files and if I cook my level, I only send changes within the Lykaon folder and not within the original files.

I only changed the face really slightly. Less wrinkles, less eyeshadow, less scars and less stubble.

Comparison:

Last edited:
Top Bottom