EE bug list for PC.

+
As i wrote this problem is completety gone at Act 2.I have only the crash to desktop problems,even in act 2 total randomly...i cant reproduce that.Yesterday 3 times,mostly if i try to trade something in the trade screen and once on the way to the Harpies,instead of loading a had a crash.
Today was playin over 4 hours without any problem :).
The version is the Premium Version with EE downloaded from the net.

Specs are:

Intel Core I5 2400
Asus P8H67 Rev.3
2x2Gb Kingston HyperXBlue 1333
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550ti from Zotac with the last 301 driver.

All Mobo Sound etc drivers up to date except BIOS Version.

My settings are the optimal used by Nvidia:
http://www.geforce.com/optimize/optimal-game-settings/Witcher-2-The-Assassins-of-Kings-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-550-Ti-OPS

Not that anyone cares about my little drama, but now I can upload Arena scores after months of not being able to, and I've done nothing. Maybe my updater is the cause of all of it.

Looking at this

http://www.geforce.com/optimize/guides/witcher-2-tweak-guide/#5

should everyone set the Texture memory size on large and not very large,most of the cards have 1Gb VRam.I sould try this cause maybe this is the cause of my desktop crashes!!

Without luck.Still getting the crash after every trade screen.Even with my Item-Box.Sometimes i complete the trade and the crash comes after a few seconds i have started to run away from the NPC.Fact is,crash only while trading or after that!I had till now only 1 crash without trade.
Another problem is that i cant sometimes meditate at Loc Muinne,it says: "You can't do that here".After a reload of the last savegame it works again :).

Every time it rains my graphics driver crashes every 2-5 seconds. Makes the game completely unplayable in the rain, and of course where you have to fight the Kayran it's raining every time, so I'm stuck. Latest graphics drivers installed, of course. And this happens regardless of what graphics quality settings I use.

After i played the game complete i installed on the PC of my brother to see if its having there problems to.He has an AMD Card (HD 6850).That was terrible...crash to desktop to while trading + desktop crash on video sequences during the game in that point as it is changing the texture fron a video to another :(.

Well, I figured I'd better post this in the event that other people are getting graphics driver crashes during rainy weather. I have found that it is related to the Physx driver. I have a GTX 295 that has 2 GPU's in a single card. Physx is normally set to "auto-detect" but after changing it to use one of the GPU's and setting it as "dedicate to Physx" the game runs a great deal better. I still get the occasional crash but it is worlds better. Hope that helps someone.

Blue-Hawaii said:
After i played the game complete i installed on the PC of my brother to see if its having there problems to.He has an AMD Card (HD 6850).That was terrible...crash to desktop to while trading + desktop crash on video sequences during the game in that point as it is changing the texture fron a video to another :(.
even if you set LOW graphics setting in the Configurator?

Blocking makes you invincible? I'm having a potential bug against fighting humans, I don't get damaged at all by blocking even when all vigor is depleted(I fought against endregas and their attacks passed thru blocks). I doing the scent of incense quest and when the disgruntled man and his followers attack me, I can block all day and not worry about a thing. I was under the assumption that the patch made it so you could always block but it would not always be effective, so unless fast attacks from human opponents don't pass thru blocks we have a game breaking bug, thank you

In the Chapter 3, I hired for the Gargoyle contract.

All the runes solved, but the Mission is not finished, because the game is only show me 2/3 lock off runes.

After that i cant talk with the Mage, and cant recieve the XP and the Coins.

Thanks

I had a bug when you select Roche's path and follow him to Flotsam, if you try to enter the door to the city at same time as he does, the game freezes, you can still pause but everything else is frozen

QTE bug when I leave the temple to recue the bastards, (in easy mode) the QTE hints displays but never the icon to avoid the dragon attack. Stuck there can't advance just keep wiping.

Arena no longer awards bonus points for stun kills or launching enemies off the ledge. It says 'zero' every time now.:(

Males (including male children) lose their pants and is running around in their underwear. For a game that is trying to be all serious and stuff, this is really distracting.

bouncedk said:
Males (including male children) lose their pants and is running around in their underwear. For a game that is trying to be all serious and stuff, this is really distracting.

Not a bug. They're wearing breeks. Historically accurate working-class dress. Imagine digging ditches or cleaning pigpens in hose, and you'll understand.

Couldn't kill the Executioner in La Valette Dungeon. He goes down to zero health and keeps fighting. Replayed multiple times. Then realized there were patches to the game, installed patch 3.1 and then 3.2, had to restart the entire game as my saved files were gone, only to have the executioner still not die.

I finally just beat the Act without killing the executioner but I have some serious concerns about this game given this bug. A boss character that cannot be killed kinda ruins the game.

I'd greatly appreciate any tips on how to remedy this issue or some info on whether I should expect this to happen with subsequent bosses as I'd rather not waste my time playing a game that cannot be won due to bugs.

BTW, I am playing on PC through steam.

In all honesty I found the bugs to be minor, yes sometimes it crashes but there isn't a piece of software/game that doesn't ( hell I've been using a professional 3D package called Maya and it crashes more often then this game does)

The only thing I find really annoying is that when I skip the intro when the game starts it takes forever to show the initial menu, another thing is that when I want to load an earlier save it takes forever as well ( the same goes for when I click Yes ( or No) when the game over menu pops up.

Here are the system specs:
HP XW 6600
Dual Xeon Quad core 2,8 GHZ
8 GB of RAM
Geforce Zotac GTX 580 with 3 GB VRam

/> BIG THANKS TO CD PROJKT TEAM!! AND SUPPORT! T.W.2. Is a fantastic Game! I'm lucky enough to own the Special Edition of the 1st of Geralts shinnanigans before PRJKT re-released because of so called "bugs". I never had a problem with it. I would just like to say if people are serious about their $10000 calculators, and what they believe it is capable of. Then please work with support and not againt them! Please do a bit of research about what SSAO and MSAA or FSAA or MipMapping Trilinear Filtering etc. These are extraordinary days where we are seeing a merge of interactivity, story telling and realism, that will soon be surpassing Cinematographicalogicy! />

G'day I'm Running:
  • AMD II x4 64bit 630 (2.4Ghz)
  • nVidia 8800GTX @~630Mhz /w 768Mb VRAM
  • 4096 MB DD3 RAM, X-Fi, 2x Old Crappy 250Gb HDDs (in RAID 0)
  • Win7 x64 "Weight Watcher" Edition purring in 45 degree heat with our newly enabled ADSL 2+ connection!

I run my Witch2 EE in Steam at 1280x720 with mixed fruit, Anti Ailiasing and SSAO arent enabled as being a common sense, and perhaps an experienced PC, Im well aware that I'd rather an enjoyable fluid game rather than an cosmetic trophy Triss ? :S ...

Sorry; my point is though that games like The Witcher are delivering a next gen story, with new visual & Audio systems (Has Anyone bothered to listen to the Dolby Dig in the Game?!?!? - friggin awesome!). Tech isnt slowing down, and next year they'll have depth ray tracing and alpha-bleinding speculative write combing at 10240 x 76890 @89bpp ~ 500Hz! And will anyone be any wiser if they forked out 1200 Yen on a power supply that wasnt provding enough juice to get the job done.

This Game works! Learn more about ur computer and investigate why it may be lagging? And then we can all rejoice at the thousands of topics that are infomative and original.

BTW I have a problem with ... Freedom of Speech!! MWAHAHA

Thanks all - and say HI to Dandelion for me!

In short: The german input scheme is broken by default and renders the game unplayable.

In the configurator i selected the german keyboard layout, QWERTZ. Among others, that file has these lines:

IK_A=(Gamekey=GI_AxisLeftX,Value=-1.000000)
IK_D=(Gamekey=GI_AxisLeftX,Value=1.000000)
IK_S=(Gamekey=GI_AxisLeftY,Value=-1.000000)
IK_W=(Gamekey=GI_AxisLeftY,Value=1.000000)
IK_W=(Gamekey=GI_Fistfight1,Value=1.000000)
IK_S=(Gamekey=GI_Fistfight2,Value=-1.000000)
IK_A=(Gamekey=GI_Fistfight3,Value=-1.000000)
IK_D=(Gamekey=GI_Fistfight4,Value=1.000000)
Meaning by default the movement keys are overwritten with fist fight commands if you selected the german input layout, prohibiting movement of Geralt.

Top Bottom