EE bug list for PC.

+
I don't know if this is a bug but I'll say it anyway.

The Brock potion does not appear to be better than the Wolf potion {at least when comparing their Journal entries} but it has negative effects while Wolf has none. It also has more Toxicity.

All in all, there is absolutely no point in using the Brock potion. It is also wrongly called Badger in the manual by the way.

What's going on CDPR?

P.S. I also have foliage pop-in problems and a general performance drop although very small. But the pop-in is very distracting. Something is messed up for sure.

TSHost said:
Major foliage pop in in act ii! Completely ruins the experience and there is no justification for this. I didn't buy a super strong PC to have such evident issues!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60OgtxAzYAM&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOLM6M_RkD4&feature=player_embedded

Happens in the Tutorial as well :/ After you pick up the loot from the first corpse in the tutorial, make your way slowly in to the forest and take note of all the grass popping in to existence along the edges of the path a very short distance in front of you.

The problem is extremely old, obvious and incredibly distracting and yet no fix in the uber update to the game :/ I've experienced it with an Nvidia 8800GT 512MB, 250GTS 1024MB and now a 560Ti 2048MB video card with various drivers.

I would attach the image but the yellow "ATTACH THIS FILE" button doesn't do anything when clicked after selecting a valid file via the gray "Browse..." button.

Sorry if somebody already mentioned this (BTW noticed a lot of repeated bug reports...):

- If I hide the UI with 'H', and then go to the journal with 'J', I only get a black screen. I can go back to the game with Escape but have to bring back the UI to see the journal.

- Did the mutagen drop rate change? I only got this many greater mutagens when I played TW2 v1.0. Just halfway through chapter 1 and each endrega queen dropped a greater mutagen. Maybe this is intended.

- Sometimes the game quits unexpectedly and sends me back to the desktop. No error messages, it just stops running.

I'm running the GOG version.

Franpa said:
Happens in the Tutorial as well :/ After you pick up the loot from the first corpse in the tutorial, make your way slowly in to the forest and take note of all the grass popping in to existence along the edges of the path a very short distance in front of you.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/franpa/eb5bddb3.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOLM6M_RkD4&feature=player_embedded

The problem is extremely old, obvious and incredibly distracting and yet no fix in the uber update to the game :/ I've experienced it with an Nvidia 8800GT 512MB, 250GTS 1024MB and now a 560Ti 2048MB video card with various drivers.

I noticed this ages ago when v1.35 patch was new and it happens throughout the game, happens in all acts and the tutorial. but is mostly noticeable in the tutorial and Act 2

To add to my post here, the problem is not exclusive to outdoor environments, it happens indoors too. Just experienced it in the caves where the Salamandra guy takes you prisoner.

I'm guessing this problem is the same as the foliage problem everyone is reffering to, but for whatever reason the light green grass is most prevalent and obvious.

Getting some crashes to desktop in Flotsam when changing areas (usually leaving the Inn). I have the 3Gb switch enabled so its not that, but I tried the old TW1 IFO trick which seems to resolve it.

Can't alt tab out of game to desktop, have to ctrl-alt-del and start Task Manager to get to desktop

Let's keep this thread as a general thread to record ALL issues please. If there's need for detailed follow-up/discussion on some issues, which in some cases there obviously is, it's probably best handled in its own thread. That way, people with the problem (and those looking into it) can concentrate on the specific issue, and there will be less need for duplication.

Regarding the foliage / pop-in issue, there is an existing thread at

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29128-foliage-pop-in/

Please follow-up there.

TShost > thank you men ! I wasn't sure this was present before the EE ... and see nobody talk about this !

I have a problem with random crashes at ~ 30 minutes or so.

One one happened during the tutorial arena fight, one during meeting Foltest in the prologue, and so on, and it really ruins it for me. Loosing the will to play if I'll have to quicksave like mad and quicksaving still will make me skip on a lot of cutscenes, like was the case with the second crash I mentioned.

It's a clean crash, no errors. Using latest AMD drivers for my 5770.

Not only that the cinematic DoF is much more demanding, the appearance of DoF in cutscenes seems to have worsen as well:

You can see the quality issue especially at Geralt's hand.
I can't provide any comparison screenshots as the game doesn't let me run the non-updated version.

I really hope CDPR changes the DoF back to the pre-EE settings. It was less demanding and in my opinion also looked much better.

Chapter 2 - Roche (PC). The option to "Burn the Corpses" for the Rotfiend Contract will now come up when in combat mode. As it's a LMB, it means that Geralt will happily sheathe his sword and stop fighting while there's an angry rotfiend standing in front of him.

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right topic but I need your help. I have the retail version of original TW2. After the EE was released launcher didn't offered me an option to update the game. After i did it manually from this site http://en.thewitcher.com/enhancededition/ game won't start at all... Launcher starts and when i go to Launch game it does nothing. Launcher just blinks, and returns as i didn't do anything. I tried to start game from .exe file in bin folder but nothing happens. I would really appreciate your help guys. Again, if I missed the topic, please guide me to the right one. Thanks.

batakpudla said:
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right topic but I need your help. I have the retail version of original TW2. After the EE was released launcher didn't offered me an option to update the game. After i did it manually from this site http://en.thewitcher.com/enhancededition/ game won't start at all... Launcher starts and when i go to Launch game it does nothing. Launcher just blinks, and returns as i didn't do anything. I tried to start game from .exe file in bin folder but nothing happens. I would really appreciate your help guys. Again, if I missed the topic, please guide me to the right one. Thanks.

There's a few different causes, so take a glance through the Tech Support section of the forums for the last day or two to see if any seem to match your particular problems.
This may be a good starting point.
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29866-ee-patch-problem-and-start-up-problem/
If you don't see anything that helps, start a new thread, and include yout PC specs.

Ok thanks, I'm downloading manually EE update and English pack, so ill report back how it went. I hope I'll be better luck than Soundwave12...

I can't really classify it as a bug, but from patch 2.0 to EE, on all forums, people (including me) are annoyed by HUGE PERORMANCE LOSS.

I have a HD4890 1 GO, 4 go ram, core 2 quad 2.66GHz, windows xp sp3, I'm playing in 1280X1024 resolution with all ultra settings (except ubersampling), and I had something like 40 to 50 FPS in Flotsam, minimum 30 FPS in very crowded and detailed areas and around 50 to 60 fps in very small areas like the prison, on 1.35.

Now I barely have 37 fps, same config, same settings, huge clipping ... and for exemple, with the latest drivers in 2.0, I could have something like 40 fps in flotsam, or more ... so I think that the Enhanced Edition isn't optimized at all, and that is a real issue for people who had decent FPS in earlier versions of teh game ...

Please CD Projekt, just read this awfuly-written comment (I'm french by the way), because I'm not the only one who is suffering of these bad performances ...

When playing the tutorial with default keys of the AZERTY (FR) Keyboard layout. When I came to the part where I had to use the 'W' key for using the medallion to find some herbs. It didn't display that key but a coded version of it. It displayed something like: Press [Medallion Key,1] to use your medallion. Which to me was a coded 'placeholder' for the key.

talrave said:
-Poisoned harpy claw throwing daggers never inflict poison
-Sting throwing daggers never freeze

Items I didn't get to test yet though I've a gut feeling they're still bugged:
-Damage listed for silver throwing daggers is incorrect(all types of silver throwing daggers list 50-70 damage)
-No difference between silver throwing daggers and "steel" ones in terms of how much damage they deal to monsters vs how much damage they deal to humans
I was just about to go here to talk about daggers. The Poisoned Harpy Claw- and Sting Daggers have been bugged like this forever; I'm hoping to verify that I have fixed it, and then upload a hotfix for this issue. Also, as you say, the silver daggers are identical to the Superb Well-Balanced Dagger (normal) - I did not pay attention to this until now, and after checking the game files, this is because the silver daggers, for whatever reason, all refer to the stats of the top-tier normal daggers. As with the two special daggers, once I've verified that I've fixed this, I'll make a dagger hotfix mod.

A couple cases of npc's and monsters disappearing in Flotsam. An entire crowd of about 10 people just vanished into thin air near the port.

Top Bottom