EE bug list for PC.

+
I recently purchased the Witcher series thru Steam so its the enhanced ed. I have been playing in normal getting used to the combat but started a game today on hard and saved at the tent with Triss. I did some errands and came back to find Steam was updating to patch 3.3. I load said save and continue till I had an opportunity to level up. Here's the problem tho... I cannot level. I can enter the talent window but cannot select anything from the training tree. The others are of course locked. I have 1 talent to spend. I do have mods so uninstalled them and returned to find the same issue... started another game in Dark mode and got to a point I could level up and I still have this problem. I cannot spend that talent point. I will go back to my normal save in Chapt 3 which I just got to in the normal game and will go work on a lvl there and see if that works.

Dragazhar said:
I recently purchased the Witcher series thru Steam so its the enhanced ed. I have been playing in normal getting used to the combat but started a game today on hard and saved at the tent with Triss. I did some errands and came back to find Steam was updating to patch 3.3. I load said save and continue till I had an opportunity to level up. Here's the problem tho... I cannot level. I can enter the talent window but cannot select anything from the training tree. The others are of course locked. I have 1 talent to spend. I do have mods so uninstalled them and returned to find the same issue... started another game in Dark mode and got to a point I could level up and I still have this problem. I cannot spend that talent point. I will go back to my normal save in Chapt 3 which I just got to in the normal game and will go work on a lvl there and see if that works.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

To level up in Hard, Insane, or Dark mode, you must meditate. If you just enter the Character screen, you cannot select anything. You must meditate and select "Character".

Dragazhar said:
Thank you. I just found this out. I apologize for my newness to this game :)/>/>

Don't feel bad; that one tripped up many of us. I had it the other way; I was so used to meditating in TW1 that I didn't realize until about my third game that you could level up without meditating in Normal.

And welcome to the forums

Caryntjen said:
When playing the tutorial with default keys of the AZERTY (FR) Keyboard layout. When I came to the part where I had to use the 'W' key for using the medallion to find some herbs. It didn't display that key but a coded version of it. It displayed something like: Press [Medallion Key,1] to use your medallion. Which to me was a coded 'placeholder' for the key.

I had the same issue in EN. From the launcher menu, I went into input options and told it to reset defaults and problem went away.

There's a lighting bug at the Tavern in Flotsam.

Normal, but doesn't seem as dark as earlier versions maybe it's just me.

Bugged, Lighting elements gone. Entering and Exiting the Tavern several times corrects the issue.

Minor bug but annoying, along with the rest of the graphical issues.
Texture/Object pop-ins etc.

Einar Gausel (dwarf, chapter 1) disappears from the game if you speak to the two scientists oustide his house (who want to try a mutagen on Geralt) before you speak to Einar.

Is Summer Crown ability bugged or only steam version? My version is not steam one, I get the book and the ability but it doesen't show up and my queen sing is still blu not red.....

MircoPeschiutta said:
Is Summer Crown ability bugged or only steam version? My version is not steam one, I get the book and the ability but it doesen't show up and my queen sing is still blu not red.....
Did you find the book on the body of a person next to the shrine and did you read the book then activate the shrine ? Are you updated to at least the 3.3 patch ?

I've have my hole interface vanish , i cant log out en i cant open the menu , meditation en character page's .
i jut bought the game en tis is a major dissapointment for me.Can someone help me i dont know what i must do now.

Toto0447 said:
I've have my hole interface vanish , i cant log out en i cant open the menu , meditation en character page's .
i jut bought the game en tis is a major dissapointment for me.Can someone help me i dont know what i must do now.
This sounds more serious than any bug . Try starting a new thread describing your problem as best you can and list your system specs . If system specs are unknown the give the make and model of your PC .

Hey guys!

I didn't want to start a new thread because my problem is mentioned here however the fix that worked for most others did not work for me. After leaving Flotsam (Iorveth's path) Dandelion narrates in a video which itself works fine (the whole game worked fine up until now) but after that it hangs on a black screen where should probably be a loading screen. So far i have tried changing resolution, aspect ratio, overclocking/turning off overclocking and windowed mode to no avail. Funny thing is that the regular game worked fine before.

Here are my specs in a nutshell:

core 2 quad q6600
4gb ram
ATI HD 5670 (I know its sh*tty but it worked fine before)
Win 7 64

Hope you can help the game is awesome.

Greetings from Hungary bros!

I (and a friend) have a bug with Geralt's hair animation. When I have vsync enabled the animation and movement goes crazy and erratic. We havent it when i have vsync disabled.

Neuroxerus said:
I wouldn't say that is a mistake... xD

I think the sentence and the humour only make sense if it says:

"Endregas are very similar to butterflies, except that they are ugly, cannot fly and would choke on cabbage. All right, maybe they are not like butterflies, but they do weave cocoons."

Seeing that butterflies are (considered) pretty, do fly, and eat cabbage, the omission of "not" in the sentence is a mistake.

Mind that, not very important at all and everyone can still understand the joke. Just thought I post it here, replaying the game after so long makes me enjoy reading everything in detail so much more

Hi!

I've returned to the Witcher 2 (boxed retail) a few weeks ago. I've completed the game a few months after it originally came out and patched it to the latest update (3.4) to replay through on Dark Mode. I've come across a few bugs (some game breaking) that I haven't seen in the previous versions. All my bugs have so far come up using a TW1 import and following Iorveth's path. I haven't played through Roche's path yet.

#1: In Baltimore's nightmare, I'm at the old quarry about to unlock the chest at the bottom which contains the Runic key. As soon as I pick up the key, I get teleported to Baltimore's secret stash room where the dwarves are waiting to ambush me. I'm supposed to get to this room by foot and it is rendered without walls or floors, making it impossible for me to leave. I can send pictures and video in a PM. This is a game breaking bug as it doesn't allow me to complete the quest.

#2: During the walls have ears quest, I can't get into Thorak's strongbox (Suspect: Thorak sidequest) to get the goblet receipt as I can't get to Baltimore's secret stash room (see #1). However, the game automatically completes "Suspect: Thorak" even though I never touched the receipt. Though this is not a game breaking bug, it is irritating as it "breaks" the story.

#3: The combat system now becomes quite aggravating as the loot system is now enabled during combat. So now, everytime i kill something and make 1 extra click, the combat keeps pausing for me to pick up the loot.

#4: When crossing the mist to rescue Triss, I believe it is during the quest "Where is Triss Merrigold", I stumble upon a corpse with orders from Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen just before the end of the mist and the same corpse reappears again just after I cross the mist and meet Roche. When I pick up the orders, I get a journal entry that says I must find someone who can speak in the Elder tongue to translate the notes but the quest automatically completes itself. I don't know if this is because the quest carries through Act III or not.

Anyways, I've been looking for fixes for these bugs for days. I've even tried uninstalling and replaying from an older version and the same bugs appear. If someone can help me out with these, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

CDPD Tech support told me to remove the mods that I was using and re-try a new game to fix my issues that I'm having. I went a step ahead and uninstalled the game and reinstalled the GOG version instead of the boxed retail version and I will try a new game to see if my problems have gone away.

I noticed my problem #3 (loot system being active during combat) is still present and is extremely annoying and breaks the combat. Is there an ini file I can modify to fix this?

any info would be great! Thanks!

After talking to Zoltan in the Kaedwen-Camp and inviting him to join me on the Trip to Vergen, we walk into the Fog. Suddenly the Program loads and the Battlefield with fighting Ghosts comes up. Geralt draws his Sword, then the Screen goes black and I'm in the Passway to Vergen again. Continuing to Vergen ends up in a vast area, with nothing else than naked ground. One single Fire burning and it says "The burned Village". Continuing further to Vergen shows an absolutely empty Town. No one to talk to, only one Dog and one Cat.....
Any Clues???
Drivers and Patches are up-to-date....

Top Bottom