Eguitar01's E3 Lighting Mod

+
Would it be possible to have a couple of screenshots with this vs vanilla? I have not played the game in a while because I am waiting for the right mod and this looks like it may well be it. But, I cannot remember what vanilla looks like because of all the mods I have been looking at.

A wee comparison would be awesome. If you could oblige this mere peasant, I would be very grateful.

Attachments

• Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Comparison2.jpg
    Comparison2.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Sure, I get it. I meant for it to serve the purpose of reminding yourself of the general color tone of the vanilla game...

I'm just really pants at telling the difference unless they are side by side comparisons lol

That is sheer brilliance, an excellent job sir.

This is merely curiosity and not a request. Are you planning to push the fog back further, or bringing it closer in particular areas, similar STLM?

I'm just really pants at telling the difference unless they are side by side comparisons lol

That is sheer brilliance, an excellent job sir.

This is merely curiosity and not a request. Are you planning to push the fog back further, or bringing it closer in particular areas, similar STLM?

The fog will kind of be adaptive actually, enough in daytime, stronger at nighttime, but to answer your question, I made it closer and denser than vanilla cause it's supposed to be grim and dark.
Though I will release versions with vanilla fog.

I live in Europe.

So do I. And I still wouldn't say so. When I look out my window, I don't see that kinda lighting and colors. Except when it's cloudy.

But I don't think the creator had realism in mind when he did the mod. And even if he did, whatever, I'm still gonna install it because it reminds me a lot of TW1, and I like that. I'll definitely spend some time with this mod, oh yes. Nice work dude, and thanks.

Realism was never what I had in mind, fellas :)

If I wanted to play realism, I would go outside. I want fantasy and dark fantasy at that, because that is what The WItcher is. The Witcher 1 absolutely nailed that aspect and this really does remind me of that. I think you have done a brilliant job in achieving this, you have a clear vision in what you want to achieve and it shows.

looks realistic btw

and close to witcher 1

i dont see a grey filter over the screen in those pictures..... the grass definitely isnt grey in the witcher 1 screenshot.....

its irrelevant anyway, since realism is not something the author was even trying to achieve....

looks realistic btw

and close to witcher 1

This is exactly what I meant, having lived in London for 5 years and Oxford in the last 7 years... This is what the weather gets like. But I get ridiculed about it.
Unbelievable... I really don't know why people feel the need to argue about literally every single thing.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I meant, having lived in London for 5 years and Oxford in the last 7 years... This is what the weather gets like. But I get ridiculed about it.
Unbelievable... I really don't know why people feel the need to argue about literally every single thing.

having lived in country even more north and less colorful for literally my whole life... whenever it gets cloudy i dont get these sunglasses:

glued to my face and forced to see the world through a grey filter....

it doesnt even look close to it color-wise...

Since realism isn't the intention of this mod, but rather artistic colouration, meant to enhance the atmosphere of the story's world, it seems unnecessary to argue about our personal experiences with real-life weather and lighting. Move along, please, and keep it respectful. Thank you.

Top Bottom