Eithne's ability and bronze removal are broken af

+
https://imgur.com/k5pRpKE

Edit: added math: enemy's bomber is 9 value because r1 usually lasts for 6 turns and turn 1 shield doesn't boost anything. Commando is 8 value because siege tower was boosted by demavend, second tower was removed by ranger and one Eithe's ping, 8 points total. THIRD engine was boosted by demavend AND tactical advantage, you'd think it's time for something to stick around? Nope. Another 15 value lost. 11 points behind on even cards.

Every bronze removal is like viper witchers from before the HC capable of destroying any engine on deployment, it's just bananas, and if dealing 3-4 damage is not enough you can always ping with Eithne.

My deck is built in a way to withstand multiple removal but with how abundant and cheap the latter is it's still not enough. Literally every card is an engine that synergizes with one another and it's still impossible for something to stick around. You don't have to know my deck and target specific engines to deny value, just remove everything on sight because you can and because that's usually enough, no strategy or thinking required. Going first is an auto loss half of the time because you lose on even. Being bled in r2 is an auto loss because you can only win in the long round.

New order/charges mechanic is amazing but it's irrelevant because the deck is basically dead. I don't care about the artifacts, they are proven to be completely useless in my deck as means of keeping cards alive, so go ahead and nerf them, I don't care, and that's with undercosted 5 provision Vyvern Shields and overcosted Thunderbolt potions. What I do care about however is Eithne being comletely broken with her ability to line up round winning scorches/epidemics/schirrus or just finishing off multiple 1 HP engines, EACH round. I care about broken cards that deal 3-4 damage on deployment and cost just 4-5 provision, which is effectively 7 value (+ body of the removal card itself so 8-10 in the end) for a bronze and way more for a gold. Removal is massively undercosted right now. Those cards should cost at least 2-3 provision more each.

Is this the kind of "interactivity" people want for artifacts? To have everything being removed right away?

Last edited:

Amaroc

Forum regular
Agreed. I play an Monster Artifacts Deck, so I dont care about removal as much, since I barely play any units whatsoever. Mainly because of this and also because Nilfgaard Reveal is like the only deck I see.

Yeah, I guess I'll switch to artifact heavy decks too.

I just find it weird how units and artifacts are basically a polar opposites of echs other. Expecting units to stay alive is a losing strategy, you have to always think "what is my plan if the next card I play gets removed" and after the first 3-4 of them do get removed and it's clear that you've lost the whole thing becomes pointless. With artifacts is the exact opposite. You have to know your opponent's game plan and save your artifact removal for the Sihil or Thunderbolt potions because the latter boosts Schirru and provides massive value. You don't mindlessly remove all artifacts on sight. There's actual strategy involved. If not for the Eithne and witcher trio the deck might've been balanced.

If anything, artifact heavy decks keep the ones that have a lot of removal in check because they give you no targets to remove. I can only imagine how even more out of hand control will become with artifacts being nerfed in the next patch on damand of a clueless community.

Last edited:

Amaroc

Forum regular
Yeah, I guess I'll switch to artifact heavy decks too.

I just find it weird how units and artifacts are basically a polar opposites of echs other. Expecting units to stay alive is a losing strategy, you have to always think "what is my plan if the next card I play gets removed" and after the first 3-4 of them do get removed and it's clear that you've lost the whole thing becomes pointless. With artifacts is the exact opposite. You have to know your opponent's game plan and save your artifact removal for the Sihil or Thunderbolt potions because the latter boosts Schirru and provides massive value. You don't mindlessly remove all artifacts on sight. There's actual strategy involved. If not for the Eithne and witcher trio the deck might've been balanced.

If anything, artifact heavy decks keep the ones that have a lot of removal in check because they give you no targets to remove. I can only imagine how even more out of hand control will become with artifacts being nerfed in the next patch on damand of a clueless community.

Artifacts I find a one of the few new things I actually enjoy. I think with Eithne a reasonable nerf would be to give her 4 charges for the whole game, not 3 each round. This is just OP. No other leader gets 9! value overall, the possibility to set up Shirru, Scorch, combined with massiv removal and synergy. And I also thing, that Order units are the next best thing of HC, so please kill that little bit fun we have left with too much removal. Bring back Armor, if you must. Or Quen. Or some way, to tech against it.

She's easily a 60+ point leader with her ability to line up 20 point scorches, epidemics and schirrus EACH round. How this passed the PTR is beyond me. And 100 MMR people demand artifacts to be nerfed even though it's not artifacts that lose you the game and top players don't even run artifact removal in their decks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole new Gwent is much less fun due to superiority of control decks and those whole invelnerable artifacts you can remove only by disabling your deck potential and taking must-have removals (if those are must have to be given any chances in match, then its seriously bad design - why give players choice if those are must-have cards?).

Also there is to much of board clears and units erasers. To the point where its impossible to play build-over-time decks with synergies between cards. Whole Demewand and order/charges (no idea how its named in english version) builds are pointless. Cause any unit that dont give instant benefits over their main value is denied (erased), let alone synergies between cards. So the beauty of gwent's battlefields' interesting situations is changed to the exchange of deleting cards between players with control decks, and a one-sided steamroll between those decks and decks that want to get some synergies and build their points over time with synergies between cards.

Then there comes the reveal deck, where player that already know the card that was revealed once, know it to the end of the round, turning all his cards that can use that info OP. Why cant the card be tossed randomly in different place of the deck after the turn ends?

ANd then there is Einthe game breaking deck. At this point im done playing against Einthe as Demewand. Its waste of time and always ends the same way, no matter the strategy. Feels like bashing wall with your head for fifteen minutes (or whatever is the time of match). Im going to insta surrender whenever Einthe pops up.
That is... if i will continue playing this game. Right now its no fun whatsoever - only frustration, cause i defy joining the steamroll bandwagon of control decks. I have burned a lot of resources on Demewand deck, trying to make it work and its only the die-hard in me that still forces me to try, by skipping Einthe matches (fot any chance of not quitting the game till its improved, balanced, and made fun/great again).

Im wavering to uninstall it right now to save myself frustration. Becouse it is frustrating as hell, when game shows you options, but is designed the way that only one option is right option, and all the rest is masochist stuff. I have been trying to make it work almost whole saturday. Results are like 1:5 win/loses. And zero wins against Einthe. Why would i want to continue?

I think im gonna take a brake till devs figure out how to make their game playable as Demawend/Demewand/Damewend. [nope]

The whole new Gwent is much less fun due to superiority of control decks and those whole invelnerable artifacts you can remove only by disabling your deck potential and taking must-have removals (if those are must have to be given any chances in match, then its seriously bad design - why give players choice if those are must-have cards?).

Also there is to much of board clears and units erasers. To the point where its impossible to play build-over-time decks with synergies between cards. Whole Demewand and order/charges (no idea how its named in english version) builds are pointless. Cause any unit that dont give instant benefits over their main value is denied (erased), let alone synergies between cards. So the beauty of gwent's battlefields' interesting situations is changed to the exchange of deleting cards between players with control decks, and a one-sided steamroll between those decks and decks that want to get some synergies and build their points over time with synergies between cards.

Then there comes the reveal deck, where player that already know the card that was revealed once, know it to the end of the round, turning all his cards that can use that info OP. Why cant the card be tossed randomly in different place of the deck after the turn ends?

ANd then there is Einthe game breaking deck. At this point im done playing against Einthe as Demewand. Its waste of time and always ends the same way, no matter the strategy. Feels like bashing wall with your head for fifteen minutes (or whatever is the time of match). Im going to insta surrender whenever Einthe pops up.
That is... if i will continue playing this game. Right now its no fun whatsoever - only frustration, cause i defy joining the steamroll bandwagon of control decks. I have burned a lot of resources on Demewand deck, trying to make it work and its only the die-hard in me that still forces me to try, by skipping Einthe matches (fot any chance of not quitting the game till its improved, balanced, and made fun/great again).

Im wavering to uninstall it right now to save myself frustration. Becouse it is frustrating as hell, when game shows you options, but is designed the way that only one option is right option, and all the rest is masochist stuff. I have been trying to make it work almost whole saturday. Results are like 1:5 win/loses. And zero wins against Einthe. Why would i want to continue?

I think im gonna take a brake till devs figure out how to make their game playable as Demawend/Demewand/Damewend. [nope]

Completely agree. The thing is there must be so few players wanting to play properly all you do is face the same decks.

I still think the deal is completely crap and the random is just utter shit.

The deal: You're building a deck to have synergy primarily around higher cost cards. The result? The initial deal is absolutely the ONLY defining factor in who wins. Each game might as well be a roll of the dice - the ensuing 15 minutes of dull bollocks has no effect or impact.

The random: Just quit after yet another attempt to enjoy this game after NG opponent "RANDOMLY" revealed the infantry who then appeared on his row. The opponent "randomly" reveals the 'right' card at least 8/10 times, whether it's to boost or repeat the ability. The fact you can INSTANTLY boost the damage card, because of the shit spread of cards, makes it awful. The Stregobor card is an absolute disgrace. 13 points, then you draw a card that's effectively powerless? What the holy hell is that about?

Honestly, CDPR, I try and try but it's just an unenjoyable, unmitigated mess of a "game".

Just had another utter shambles of a game that I had to post.

So I don't run an artefact deck, I am trying to create an interesting move deck with row damage, etc. I have a few artefacts in to fill in the gaps and counter the pathetic, countless number of times all you face are artefacts. But the last game the deal I get just shoves everything right up my ass yet again. I mulliganed and re-drew the same card two rounds running, and ended up getting dealt the cards I mulliganed. I must have had nothing but golds left in the deck after the game such was the sheer run of bronzes, so all the synergy I am trying to create is utterly shat on because or a shit deal mechanic and the fact I can only have 10 cards.

There is NO LOGIC AT ALL TO HAVING 25 CARDS AND A 10 CARD HAND. It's IMPOSSIBLE to get consistecy with synergy. Gwent Beta had this more or less correct. You might get a miserable deal, but could thin the hand to a point and regroup with mulligans. This stupid game gives none of that forgiveness, you're entirely beholden to whatever dogshit algorithm was designed by CDPR. It's just beyond thick, to have only 10 cards. Who the hell at CDPR thought that was clever?? A lot of the synergy needs a bit of forgiveness, but if I'm getting a shitty deal every goddam time, it doesn't matter a jot.

So back to yet another rage-quit game; in the last round it was just a pathetic series of artefact burns, with the oppo predictably having a shield, a spear, Sihil, black blood and a few other things like epidemic - but i couldn't even get a bloody card on the board because the deal had left with me with a completely fractured bunch of cards. In the starting deck I have things like Zoltan:Duda, Nirvellen, Regis, Aard, etc (I refuse to play the bollocks that is the Witcher Summon, screw you CDPR) and got absolutely none of it. What the hell have I spent most of my points on if all I get is a few elves, Ciaran, etc. How on gods earth are you supposed to win?

The game is utter, utter garbage. This artefact hand is a hands down disaster to the point where Artefacts should be removed entirely, it's THAT broken. In this game the opponent had cards they could just throw away and still won because they just last card anything they want. Utter garbage.

[nope]

Raiie

Forum regular
The artifactdecks are thrash as long as the opponent has White frost, which just further proves how horribly designed this is.

The artifactdecks are thrash as long as the opponent has White frost, which just further proves how horribly designed this is.

Exactly. Hmm, let me spend a bunch of points on artefact removal......click "ranked game".....oh look, NG reveal. First deal? White frost and a heaver.

Utter garbage.

Absolutely kid you not - see my post above. Played another Eithne Artefact deck and thought "I've GOT to beat this", so crafted and stuck the horrid White Frost in my deck. Following that, played against SC Brouver, SK x 2, then NG reveal. Nobody had ONE artefact.

Then the last game, vs NG reveal, I got dealt first hand including White Frost + 2 x sappers (artefact removal). Now we all know NG reveal doesn't use artefacts, so I'm now stuck wondering how/what to mulligan. Got rid of two, didn't play the other. Won the round but 2 cards down, so can't thin R2.

R2 deal - I get White Frost and the sapper back, so I mulligan the sapper back out and play the round to lose but head in 10 cards apiece.

R3 - For the third deal in a row I get White Frost and a sapper. I mulligan the sapper yet again and get dealt instead.....my other sapper. The hilarious part of all this is when the oppo played TIbor, my "random" card was.....the sapper!!!!! Lost, obviously, because a 9 point swing in a game about "small margins" is absurd.

Honestly, makes you want to put your fist through the screen!!!

Consider this folks: after artifact nerf, EVERYBODY will play golden froth decks....what a nice future. so let me play with my precious little things as long as I can :)

Honestly, makes you want to put your fist through the screen!!!

Yes, that's unlucky. A general rule of thumb is to save the mulligans until the final round, unless you want to push the first round and you don't have the cards you want, which isn't always a good idea.

Yes, that's unlucky. A general rule of thumb is to save the mulligans until the final round, unless you want to push the first round and you don't have the cards you want, which isn't always a good idea.

In my limited experience on this, going last is the best chance at winning.

Card advantage in this Gwent isn't even worth playing, if you're a card down heading into R3 might as well quit. "Winning" R2 is the next largest handicap. So it's not as simple as just saying "I'd better save the mulligans". Besides which, I have tried that in the past and still had no luck in the following deals. Too much emphasis on luck of the draw imo.

In my limited experience on this, going last is the best chance at winning.

That's true for certain decks, in which case you'll have to push round one. There is an alternative solution for ST, though. They can use Pitfall Trap when the opponent is holding the final card, usually being a unit, which can shut down their win con.

Every bronze removal is like viper witchers from before the HC capable of destroying any engine on deployment, it's just bananas, and if dealing 3-4 damage is not enough you can always ping with Eithne.

Correct, 4 recruit cards can destroy 8/12 recruit engines, if they have 3 hp; most of them do. Even 4/6 hp don't pose much of an issue for 6/8 recruit removal cards, or binary removal cards. Ahem; cough... hack.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that we will have to wait another month to get obvious balance patches. Just imagine - month with only eitne artifacts/rngveal

That's true for certain decks, in which case you'll have to push round one. There is an alternative solution for ST, though. They can use Pitfall Trap when the opponent is holding the final card, usually being a unit, which can shut down their win con.

Draw at best, though, right?!

Is anyone else finding if you put in White Frost you never get a game vs an Artifact heavy deck, the moment you take it out they come in like raging horde of Gerbils?

Top Bottom