Eldain and traps = Needs a nerf (now more for Madoc + Milva)

+
So just not play the defender? Instead play weak engines that instantly get answered and then eventually you will have to play the defender anyway so it gets killed by the serpent trap ANYWAY cuz the regular removal cards wipe out engines anyway and you don't need the serpent trap for it.
Also I don't play NG, at all.
Um yeah? Just like you wouldn't play a defender into a dive. Sometimes one has to adjust that cookie-cutter, autopilot play sequence to account for what one's facing.

You know it's been a long season when people come back to complain about a deck that's been out of tiered meta for half a year.

Um yeah? Just like you wouldn't play a defender into a dive. Sometimes one has to adjust that cookie-cutter, autopilot play sequence to account for what one's facing.

You know it's been a long season when people come back to complain about a deck that's been out of tiered meta for half a year.
MO has a lot less cost-effective control options so you can actually afford to sacrifice a card or two but vs an actual control deck like ST traps they will hardly run out of removal.

MO has a lot less cost-effective control options so you can actually afford to sacrifice a card or two but vs an actual control deck like ST traps they will hardly run out of removal.
One, no, they actually don't. Two, traps are most definitely not "cost-effective" removal. And vanilla trap decks aren't overloading on removal options (not that ST actually HAS any aside from Rebuke). The madoc hybrid packs a few bombs but it's still a pretty terrible deck that has either no points, or no consistency, or neither one nor the other. And three, going back to NR (poor, poor NR), you can easily open with Adalia, you can easily open with Natalis into AA. There are a number of VERY strong options.

So just not play the defender? Instead play weak engines that instantly get answered and then eventually you will have to play the defender anyway so it gets killed by the serpent trap ANYWAY cuz the regular removal cards wipe out engines anyway and you don't need the serpent trap for it.
Also I don't play NG, at all.
how do you figure it would eventually kill the defender if you already have lower powered cards out? the only way that'd happen is if that defender was your highest card and YOU played a special. That's on you then

how do you figure it would eventually kill the defender if you already have lower powered cards out? the only way that'd happen is if that defender was your highest card and YOU played a special. That's on you then
And how do you have lower power units on board stick when they are instantly deleted by control cards?
Only by playing swarm and spawning tokens.

UMA22

Forum regular
All no-interactive cards like traps shouldn't exist at all In gwent , or there should be effective way to counter it
No unit deck are cool the probleme is that people make an abuse of it,
Traps should be présent in others faction too i think
The north relaim should have roche Traps like they were use in kaer moren battle it will be nice to have them i think

No unit deck are cool the probleme is that people make an abuse of it,
Traps should be présent in others faction too i think
The north relaim should have roche Traps like they were use in kaer moren battle it will be nice to have them i think

What is "cool" in cards that:
1. You dont know what it is?
2. You can't do nothing about it?

Maybe for player who plays it it is cool but for the opponent is surely is not. I dont mind to loose a game, but to loose it fair - when oppinent outsmarts me, when he is more creative, more intelligent, clever. But playing cards with no counter against dont have anything to do with it.
You want play traps? Ok. Give me counters for them, and than we can play. Your trap can kill my unit, therefore my unit can kill your trap - sounds fair for me

UMA22

Forum regular

Maybe for player who plays it it is cool but for the opponent is surely is not. I dont mind to loose a game, but to loose it fair - when oppinent outsmarts me, when he is more creative, more intelligent, clever. But playing cards with no counter against dont have anything to do with it.
You want play traps? Ok. Give me counters for them, and than we can play. Your trap can kill my unit, therefore my unit can kill your trap - sounds fair for me
I have only 4 traps in my ST traps deck let make it 5 with that elves that create one too, i think 5 it ok
The deck is based on vernossiel more than eldain and i dont use it much
My fav faction are the north relaim and u know this faction use many units cards but it shoud get some modification i think, the mages are too strong while the soldiers are weak.
I just said that other faction should have traps too
The othe deck that make me mad is the NG tactic card this one is really outragous it kill your units every time you put one
I agree it should have a way to counter the trap
Post automatically merged:

Wich faction do you play ? Tell me if you want a battle

I have only 4 traps in my ST traps deck let make it 5 with that elves that create one too, i think 5 it ok
The deck is based on vernossiel more than eldain and i dont use it much
My fav faction are the north relaim and u know this faction use many units cards but it shoud get some modification i think, the mages are too strong while the soldiers are weak.
I just said that other faction should have traps too
The othe deck that make me mad is the NG tactic card this one is really outragous it kill your units every time you put one
I agree it should have a way to counter the trap

Tactics are not viable deck in present state of gwent though. And mages are not as strong as You claim - against heavy control they strugge a lot. I won today 4 out of 4 games against NR wizards - 3 was typical meta, 1 was a little bit odd with damn sorcerrer and immortals and strongest out of all of them tbh, I had a lot of luck in that game

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211204-160423_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211204-160423_Samsung Internet.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 44

UMA22

Forum regular

For me the things that make me really mad is the way devlopper are making NG have always an advantage to others faction
Let just take for exemple the actual seasonal mode
I dont know why the assimilation condition work when they play the double cards from the deck.
Other thing see how many destoying card NG have or how many lock card they have is really abused
Also the poison and their leader ability are the most cheated one

For me the things that make me really mad is the way devlopper are making NG have always an advantage to others faction
Let just take for exemple the actual seasonal mode
I dont know why the assimilation condition work when they play the double cards from the deck.
Other thing see how many destoying card NG have or how many lock card they have is really abused
Also the poison and their leader ability are the most cheated one

I hate NG too, but tbh in present meta it is not so hard for me to win with them. I hate Skellige and Syndycate much more :)

UMA22

Forum regular
I hate NG too, but tbh in present meta it is not so hard for me to win with them. I hate Skellige and Syndycate much more :)
You can't hate skellige they are NG ennemi lol i love SK because of the games.
their gameplay are really hard to make i think
I want to see how you do
So you hate syndicate sk and NG you hate ST too so you play with monster ? Or NR too ?

You can't hate skellige they are NG ennemi lol i love SK because of the games.
their gameplay are really hard to make i think
I want to see how you do
So you hate syndicate sk and NG you hate ST too so you play with monster ? Or NR too ?
I play only NR , and in present meta I play my homemade Draug Deck and struggle only with Bounty SY, Midrange Skellige, traps SC, and White Frost MO - with all other archetypes and factions I win majority of games; and You?

UMA22

Forum regular
I play only NR , and in present meta I play my homemade Draug Deck and struggle only with Bounty SY, Midrange Skellige, traps SC, and White Frost MO - with all other archetypes and factions I win majority of games; and You?
I play all the factions

Last edited:
It's especially annoying when you verse traps as NG. Trying to "control" when there's ultimately nothing on the board means you're pretty much screwed. Or maybe you drew too many spells, I don't know. Happens a lot to me. With the current meta, you need a lot of removal. When you can't use your removal options, you play a geralt for 3 power and it looks dumb. So I guess it's the opposite of the meta, you need to keep to your side of the board. Anyway, I think Eldain needs to have a limit on how many traps he can transform and something needs to be done about that tiger. Yeah, the sabertooth. He's such a pest really.

Just played four games of ranked, literally lost all 4 too trap decks. There's literally nothing you can do, but just stare at it and go; "Ok, cool. That's fun." The game is in such a broken state. The NR mages, SC Trapdecks, nothing bores me more then these opponents. So. Boring. Instead of releasing new cards, why aren't they balancing the game?

It's not eldain nor traps.
MIlva, maddoc and the Tiger to complete the three musketeers are the problem.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
As soon as Milva gets nerfed, Radovid, Onslaught and other op decks will be all over. I am not supporting Milva, but I am more concerned about other broken OP cards hiding under Milva

Sure, and I was always voicing agaist the "Kill NG, they steal all my cards". But this is not the way. NG conroll was always offering outs, like go wide not tall. Punish their talls. But this? Heatwave, CoC, Yrden, Igni ... enough to stomp every Radovid to the back end of the north. Don't need Milva for that

Top Bottom