Eldain Rework? Or is he fine?

+
As a mid-level player who likes to experiment in fantasy card games, i'm disappointed in Eldain's latest buff (3 charges to 4). I don't think developers put enough though to this particular buff to be honest.

Problem is, most players can't even spend all charges before game finishes, and are forced to use few traps available in the game without particular strategy in mind (other than leader charges) Most cases, Horn and Crushing Trap is saved for last, thus you can't even turn them into Elves after passing obviously. They could at least make him have 3 charges but buff elves to 4 points.

But i have other suggestion. I think the problems lies in forcing you to turn traps which is anti-synergic with Hattori and Half-Elves for instance. I would suggest making his ability to this:

"Spawn and summon 2 point Elf tokens on both sides of a trap. Charges: 3" This will be synergic with Horn, Aelirenn and Isengrim. I wish we could have a true elf leader deck like this. Just my 2 cents.

Nice suggestion. Also make Iorveth's Gambit play 2 traps OF YOUR CHOICE from your deck, if your deck runs 5 or more traps. Randomly getting pitfall + incinerating or incinerating + incinerating or crushing + crushing is just completely stupid.

No.

He is perfectly fine now.

Just learn how to play properly with him, because this amazing leader is a little bit tricky.

[Edited. -Drac]

His ability is fine.
Post automatically merged:

Nice suggestion. Also make Iorveth's Gambit play 2 traps OF YOUR CHOICE from your deck, if your deck runs 5 or more traps. Randomly getting pitfall + incinerating or incinerating + incinerating or crushing + crushing is just completely stupid.

You're right but keep in mind that this game has a lot of RNG elements so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Horn and Crushing Trap is saved for last, thus you can't even turn them into Elves after passing obviously.

But i have other suggestion. I think the problems lies in forcing you to turn traps which is anti-synergic with Hattori and Half-Elves for instance.

Perfectly explained, there is no logical argument against this what so ever. He should be changed to work with his archetype..not against it. A couple of leaders need looking at and fall way short of glory but this one is easily spotted, just takes "intelligence".

rrc

Forum veteran
I have suggested exactly this a few times months ago. But if it is to let you Play Two traps of your choice, then it should be 15 provisions though.

No.

He is perfectly fine now.

Just learn how to play properly with him, because this amazing leader is a little bit tricky.

[Edited. -Drac]

His ability is fine.
Post automatically merged:

You're right but keep in mind that this game has a lot of RNG elements so...

While of course you may disagree -my suggestion is a though i made in 5 minutes-, your attitude is ridiculous. [Edited. -Drac] I literally never saw this leader played on higher ranks ever.

rrc

Forum veteran
As a mid-level player who likes to experiment in fantasy card games, i'm disappointed in Eldain's latest buff (3 charges to 4). I don't think developers put enough though to this particular buff to be honest.

Problem is, most players can't even spend all charges before game finishes, and are forced to use few traps available in the game without particular strategy in mind (other than leader charges) Most cases, Horn and Crushing Trap is saved for last, thus you can't even turn them into Elves after passing obviously. They could at least make him have 3 charges but buff elves to 4 points.

But i have other suggestion. I think the problems lies in forcing you to turn traps which is anti-synergic with Hattori and Half-Elves for instance. I would suggest making his ability to this:

"Spawn and summon 2 point Elf tokens on both sides of a trap. Charges: 3" This will be synergic with Horn, Aelirenn and Isengrim. I wish we could have a true elf leader deck like this. Just my 2 cents.

I had suggested a similar thing about Eldain too earlier: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/making-eldain-at-least-remotely-playable.10998250/

The idea behind both of our suggestions is the same. As a trap leader, he should support the cards that work with Traps! Right?!!

While of course you may disagree -my suggestion is a though i made in 5 minutes-, your attitude is ridiculous. [Edited. -Drac] I literally never saw this leader played on higher ranks ever.

Sorry but as I said you must be smart to play with him. Traps = Mindgames. You must know when and how play traps and even in which order do that to fool your opponent.

I reached rank 2 the last month playing only with Eldain. As I said he is a little bit tricky, but his ability is fine. He can be a fun leader if you know what to do and a pain in the ass for your opponent if you play mindgames with him.

Edited a few posts. There is no need to be condescending, rude, or hostile towards others. It is in fact forbidden.

Sorry but as I said you must be smart to play with him. Traps = Mindgames. You must know when and how play traps and even in which order do that to fool your opponent.

Please, you can not presume intelligence with a card game. You will also tell us what zoolock you play and that requires quantum physics strategies?

I just discovered that I'm a genius too because I can tell the difference between 4 units and the row of 9 units to use laceracion.

I almost never see people playing Eldain, and when it happens he can not finish the turn and break his own traps as it would take away their value.

[Edited. -Drac]

I do not know if the propositions are what is needed, but that the elves grow from the traps is like the mice grow from the wet socks.
It would be nice if Eldain had synergies with elves since no hero specializes in that and is quite ironic.

Honestly, I absolutely hate going against him. It reminds me of those old Gwent decks that didn't run any units and just had a bunch of spells. He's definitely a leader that makes me play differently whenever I encounter him, so props to those players I guess.

As for his ability, I quite enjoy your suggestion. I think it'd be healthier than his current ability because at least I'll have something to hit lol.

Besides pre nerf Dettlaff i dont see any deck that i cant beat but im fine by being countered by one or two decks, hes in a pretty good spot imo, and you can always turn around the horn and spawn an elf instead of waiting for your opponent to pass without traps. Try to read some guides and figure a way to play him which suits you instead of netdecking.

Eldian is very tricky and fun to play with but he has one great disadvantage which stops him from getting to get more succes - U MUST WIN ROUND 1 (and manage to keep crucial cards for long round 3) if u dont u'll be bleeded by opponent in round 2 and u'll have nothing to win short round 3

Eldian is very tricky and fun to play with but he has one great disadvantage which stops him from getting to get more succes - U MUST WIN ROUND 1 (and manage to keep crucial cards for long round 3) if u dont u'll be bleeded by opponent in round 2 and u'll have nothing to win short round 3

So true. If the opponent bleeds you Eldain can be super dead. He is better in long rounds.

Also he is only good in a short third round if you have pitfall trap and Iorveth in your hand.

He can be a fun leader if you know what to do and a pain in the ass for your opponent if you play mindgames with him.

Yup, trap hands is probably the most annoying and boring hand to play against. But it's fine as it is. Not too much, not too little.

Hmm I lose the first round most of the time, cuz I usually spam my filler cards, it's really rare to see an opponent whos trying to bleed me (talking from personal experience)

Top Bottom