Elder Brouver Hoog changes his mind...

+
"Elder Brouver Hoog changes his mind...
... about as often as he shaves – which is never."

What about you? Did it ever happen to you to change your mind on some aspects of Gwent?

In my case I have reconsidered "Reveal" as a game mechanic. As Homecoming got released, I was extremely displeased with the rework of "Reveal". It felt very RNG dependent and a downgrade of the previous idea. Now I quite enjoy it. I tried a "Reveal" Nova deck, a "Reveal" Congregate deck and vanilla "Reveal" Enslave.

Better thinning tools were relesead and I started to be a bit smarter in my deck building strategy. In short, I changed my idea on "Reveal".

Today I realised how utterly impotent defenders has become over the few last update cycles. Duels, VVM, Korathi all over the place, poison spam occasionally, 8 damage nukes, row movement isn't just an SC thing now...there are much cheaper Elder Bears for baiting removal. Only Donimir is somewhat good, but then again, using it leads to false sense of security and row stacking, which can lead to some unpleasant surprises.

Yes during beta I thought it was a great game with great potential. Now i think it's a boring predictable "chess game with cards" not fantasy card game. I have made several lengthy posts about it .

"why am i playing a game I don't like" ? .

Because the devs are masters at making characters you care about . I am here for the "ciri's greatest fan" title nothing more ( which I am still comfortably on track without buying fast travel ) The devs lost me along time ago as a player "here for the game"

Last edited:
I used to be annoyed by how often CDP Red would release balance patches. When I finally had a deck that was engaging to play and had a decent winrate, in came the patch and the deck was basically worthless.

Now I've gotten used to it and at times can appreciate that (at times) changing things can keep things interesting.

I used to be annoyed by how often CDP Red would release balance patches. When I finally had a deck that was engaging to play and had a decent winrate, in came the patch and the deck was basically worthless.

Monthly balance patches are most welcome and I enjoy regular changes. What I don't like is swapping card abilities or rework completely a card.

With the most notable exception of SK Greatsword. That was a good rework. Dagur Two Blades still has the same ability, so the game mechanic is not removed from the game.

I am here for the "ciri's greatest fan" title nothing more

I'm nowhere near that achievement. I'm going to settle for the "Ciri's second greatest fan" title. :ok:

Monthly balance patches are most welcome and I enjoy regular changes. What I don't like is swapping card abilities or rework completely a card.
This is how I feel as well. I hoped they stopped doing this after the beta but now Vabjorn is suddenly a completely different card for no apparent reason.
I feel very strongly about this. When my favorite card abilities can just all of a sudden stop existing it makes me feel like this game is a waste of time and passion.
Strategic Withdrawal was my favorite leader which is also now completely gone with no substitute for its ability. I only hope they can somehow reintroduce some old leaders in the form of cards that do a similar effect.

I'm nowhere near that achievement. I'm going to settle for the "Ciri's second greatest fan" title. :ok:

sorry but as i mentioned in another thread there is most likely a % that don't even make it to 100 so there is alway going to be a % of the player base that misses out on "something"

The only way to make sure literally everyone gets everything is to give it as login rewards or daily quests which invalidates the entire event and the 'value" of the prizes .

Just as putting "junk" as some suggest after 100 makes grinding after 100 worthless.

Just taking my personal situation . If "Ciri's greatest fan" was at 100 I would have stop playing already and moved on to something else until the next "carrot" i was interested in appeared.

Top Bottom