Elevator to market, but is just a higher view of the road

+
In Japan town halfway between Megabuilding 8 and Redwood fast travels is where you go up some stairs to an empty area that houses the elevator. Though once you get up there you can jump up to another floor and look through some glass doors to a large flushed out area that is both inaccessible and has no interactable objects.

I'm saying cut content, but cutting the elevator was missed.

I'm far to use to game titles that as you progress main story content, any side quests and lootables you can get to will get cut off from you. I'm finding MANY main story mission areas that give the player full early access roaming and looting before getting to the said missions.

Got to the otherside of the blocked off room, disabled several mines and hacked a few comps on the way as well as opening doors and collecting loot.

Devs should have really thought about blocking access to mission areas before the mission. They're so good at blocking access after them though.

Last edited:
I think it's great that you can scope these areas before a mission. Before the parade mission you see the Redwood Market shard video of the "famous flyovers" as Wakako Okada puts it (BTW this could be a reference to the film Akira as it shows very similar flyovers). So I decided to "scope" the area before the mission. At first I wondered if it was a closed area somewhere only accessible in the mission only to eventually find it (Redwood Market travel point). This is a great area with lots of z-axis stuff. After long lift rides I was walking over the bridges between the huge buildings with the city streets way below and with flying cars passing right next to me ! Love this area. I started looking for similar sort of "z-axis" access but have not found anything so far.

Has anyone else found any other areas like this high up in Night City ?

blocking access to mission areas before the mission
Oddly enough many mission areas do get blocked after completing them. For some areas it makes sense - like that half collapsed, abandoned hotel where you meet Takemura after parade - building ruins was, is and stays that way. Others are literal spoilers if you wander into them before mission and make no sense - like Arasaka warehouse containing all the parade stuff and much higher level loot with guards and turrets basically ignoring you.

Last edited:
Oddly enough many mission areas do get blocked after completing them. For some areas it makes sense - like that half collapsed, abandoned hotel where you meet Takemura after parade - building ruins was, is and stays that way. Others are literal spoilers if you wander into them before mission and make no sense - like Arasaka warehouse containing all the parade stuff and much higher level loot with guards and turrets basically ignoring you.
I did the Takemura hideout ahead of time and it was AMAZING. A pitch black house of horrors that's almost impossible to escape. I was properly creeped out and wondered if my V would starve to death in there.

Top Bottom