Elf Deck

+
Anybody here has a Elf Deck?
I eard Elf Decks are Tier 1 deck that can take you high in the ladder.

But how the fuck should i deal with a POWER 12+ card? The deck is good till i get a damn big mofo monster in the table.
The deck im talking it's this one:

My own deck, that i made with the cards i like the most, REK other decks easily, when i use this "TIER 1" deck, either i win fast, or get reked fast by a big MONSTER CARD 12+ power, because schirru canot deal with it....

Maybe shall i trade schirru for the damn GERAL PROFESSIONAL and it's probleme solved?
What is you guys opinion about this?

You might buff Shirru with Ithine Aegli, then Call of the Forest and you have 9pts which can be brought to 11pts. Chances are low to get such a draw, but Geralt Professional will also have big chance not to even be drawn...
And then reduce Big Bois hp to 9-11 using Milaen and Yavelin

Or try to keep entire 6 buff from Brouver to get 5+6=11 on Shirru during the last round, and instead of eg. 3hp 6 provision cards use these damned Sticks to get enough control in round 3 to reduce them all big monsters to 9 or even 7 hp...

As I don't have even close amout of scraps to craft Freddybabe's deck, I play my own Traps Brouver or Movement Brouver for AoE (full line) dmg, so with Big Woodnald I deal using the favourite trap, which can burn even 21 hp card if he makes a misstake and plays buffed +8 high-hp card as the last move... But I'm not in 0 league first of all ;p

Last edited:
(There are 2 Regises available, 1 attacks entire row many times, the other drains. I guess in the context of Woodland, Pruny meant Drain, either way I'll discuss both as AoE's been used a lot last month before nerfs ;p)

Regis can destroy entire row but to do it you'd like to have some control stuff anyways... so the probem with him is, that your deck needs to be focused on him (more or less, but still...),
Secondly, in some cases you end up playing 3 points Regis if the opponent won round 1 and drained your cards in round 2 and you drawn Regis in round 3...
For Brouver, imo Regis does the same job as 2 Lacerate but you need to focus the deck on Regis, so if he got milled by Nilfgard, you're pretty screwed...
while Shirru can always kill some units, even if it's a very short round...
Also you won't draw Regis using Call of the Forest, unless you keep some other vampires there... So there is a low-medium chance of never drawing Regis, and very small chance of never drawing Shirru during a match.
(btw you can use Call of the Forest on one of the 3-hp witchers if you decided to put Geralt: Professional in your deck)

The other Regis, the High Vampire who drains, he's pretty cheap: only 10 recrutation points...
indeed he could do insane difference when it comes to Big Woodland deck, even... 26 when draining a 14 ghoul :O
(maximum... a 14 Ghoul buffed for 8, then you could drain 21 thus making a 42 difference with just one card....)

His major problem is, if opponent plays some serious control deck like Skellige/ ScoiaTael, or artifact-only. Then you will drain nothing and just play 1pt card that costs 10... here's where Geralt is better than him - he works even of 0 boost units. If you decided to play the Geralt who destroys multiply of 3 and has 4hp, then it would rarely happen for him to score less than 7 pts, so safer option
Post automatically merged:

Though in Freddy's deck there is one major move that you will miss if you kick Shirru and put a witcher or a vampire:
If you use Call of the Forest on Aerlein to call Shirru, Aerlien will appear again because there still will be 5 elves on your side. If you use Call on eg. a 3hp witcher, he leaves the field so at this point you'd be -3.
Shirru is an ELF which is important.

BTW what do you mean by "trade"? You want to kick a card from the deck or mill it to get 200 scraps and then craft another 800 card?

Last edited:
(There are 2 Regises available, 1 attacks entire row many times, the other drains. I guess in the context of Woodland, Pruny meant Drain, either way I'll discuss both as AoE's been used a lot last month before nerfs ;p)

Regis can destroy entire row but to do it you'd like to have some control stuff anyways... so the probem with him is, that your deck needs to be focused on him (more or less, but still...),
Secondly, in some cases you end up playing 3 points Regis if the opponent won round 1 and drained your cards in round 2 and you drawn Regis in round 3...
For Brouver, imo Regis does the same job as 2 Lacerate but you need to focus the deck on Regis, so if he got milled by Nilfgard, you're pretty screwed...
while Shirru can always kill some units, even if it's a very short round...
Also you won't draw Regis using Call of the Forest, unless you keep some other vampires there... So there is a low-medium chance of never drawing Regis, and very small chance of never drawing Shirru during a match.
(btw you can use Call of the Forest on one of the 3-hp witchers if you decided to put Geralt: Professional in your deck)

The other Regis, the High Vampire who drains, he's pretty cheap: only 10 recrutation points...
indeed he could do insane difference when it comes to Big Woodland deck, even... 26 when draining a 14 ghoul :O
(maximum... a 14 Ghoul buffed for 8, then you could drain 21 thus making a 42 difference with just one card....)

His major problem is, if opponent plays some serious control deck like Skellige/ ScoiaTael, or artifact-only. Then you will drain nothing and just play 1pt card that costs 10... here's where Geralt is better than him - he works even of 0 boost units. If you decided to play the Geralt who destroys multiply of 3 and has 4hp, then it would rarely happen for him to score less than 7 pts, so safer option

Though in Freddy's deck there is one major move that you will miss if you kick Shirru and put a witcher or a vampire:
If you use Call of the Forest on Aerlein to call Shirru, Aerlien will appear again because there still will be 5 elves on your side. If you use Call on eg. a 3hp witcher, he leaves the field so at this point you'd be -3.
Shirru is an ELF which is important.

BTW what do you mean by "trade"? You want to kick a card from the deck or mill it to get 200 scraps and then craft another 800 card?
I meant trade as, what card would be a nice idea to switch SCHIRRU for. Like, what another legendary card would fit this deck.

I'm doing ok but sometimes i get players who do SUPER BOOSTS, i mean, they boost cards around 15-25 POWER very early, and this elf deck can't do shit about that

Other cards you might check out (if you haven't already), in context of Big Woodland
Xavier Lemmes -- (banishes 3 cards from opponent's graveyard, so for Big Woodland it's even like -30pts), but provision cost 10 :(
Scorch -- if you had enough control in your deck to get multiple opponent's biggest cards to the same power...

However if your opponent unleashes some combo that can be stopped, instead of putting a big card, you can just stop this combo using small cards like Dimeritium Shackles or Aep Caellian (this elf who locks, sorry I can't remember their exact names xd)

I meant trade as, what card would be a nice idea to switch SCHIRRU for. Like, what another legendary card would fit this deck.

You may be over-thinking the problem. Nothing is really going to fit the elf swarm concept to counter tall MS builds. You're going to need to swap in some neutrals.

In terms of options.... There are three "counters" to tall MS. Large unit removals, resets and GY hate. The former is more flexible in that it can handle both tall units and GY consumes. The latter two are useful against GY consumes. Resets are also effective against thrives. So it depends which part of tall MS related builds you want to counter. The big boy units or the consumes.

Personally, I'd go for the consumes and thrives. The big boy units are more likely to hit the board earlier in the game, in the earlier rounds. Elf swarm decks are long round builds. If you draw well and keep the elves up you can probably hang with tall MS R1. If they draw well and can chain dump GY consumes of tall units to the board R3 you probably cannot keep up.

The only real way I can think the deck you've implied your using can hit high value units is to whittle them down first, use CoF/Ithlinne and Brouver charges on Schirru or have Yaevinn on a large board. Another, less intuitive option is to match the points with a large board and Isengrim. All of these have obvious problems. It's one of the reasons I don't like focusing that hard toward elf swarm :).

The other issue with elf swam is control decks engage in elf genocide. Cards like Isengrim/Yaevinn are very good if you can keep elves on a board. Their value can plummet if not. They're also sub-par cards in a short round.

Getting to the question... I'd probably go with Yrden or Regis: HV. Both of these can create the swing needed to over-come tall MS R3's. Regis: HV is less useful against specific decks and more likely to brick if you draw poorly. He is cheaper and functions better against fewer GY consumes/boosts though (as an example, they save their bigger units instead of relying on GY consumes entirely). On the other hand, Yrden can hit through immune and you already have several ways to move units on one row.

I'd probably cut Ithlinne before Schirru, by the way. Schirru is more difficult to use but has more upside. Ithlinne isn't needed with Brouver, CoF and Schirru. She just frees up the charges to be used elsewhere, adds consistency, expands the Schirru target range and fits the elf swarm concept. He's also a good counter against stuff like Imlerith :) (Imlerith+Eredin is an 8).

A 66 Xavier Moran is definitely not world record ;p (couldn't catch more on a ranked) but still quite funny
Now imagine Regis draining 62 and making 124 difference XD

Attachments

• Yarpen Boost.jpg
    Yarpen Boost.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 178
You may be over-thinking the problem. Nothing is really going to fit the elf swarm concept to counter tall MS builds. You're going to need to swap in some neutrals.

In terms of options.... There are three "counters" to tall MS. Large unit removals, resets and GY hate. The former is more flexible in that it can handle both tall units and GY consumes. The latter two are useful against GY consumes. Resets are also effective against thrives. So it depends which part of tall MS related builds you want to counter. The big boy units or the consumes.

Personally, I'd go for the consumes and thrives. The big boy units are more likely to hit the board earlier in the game, in the earlier rounds. Elf swarm decks are long round builds. If you draw well and keep the elves up you can probably hang with tall MS R1. If they draw well and can chain dump GY consumes of tall units to the board R3 you probably cannot keep up.

The only real way I can think the deck you've implied your using can hit high value units is to whittle them down first, use CoF/Ithlinne and Brouver charges on Schirru or have Yaevinn on a large board. Another, less intuitive option is to match the points with a large board and Isengrim. All of these have obvious problems. It's one of the reasons I don't like focusing that hard toward elf swarm :).

The other issue with elf swam is control decks engage in elf genocide. Cards like Isengrim/Yaevinn are very good if you can keep elves on a board. Their value can plummet if not. They're also sub-par cards in a short round.

Getting to the question... I'd probably go with Yrden or Regis: HV. Both of these can create the swing needed to over-come tall MS R3's. Regis: HV is less useful against specific decks and more likely to brick if you draw poorly. He is cheaper and functions better against fewer GY consumes/boosts though (as an example, they save their bigger units instead of relying on GY consumes entirely). On the other hand, Yrden can hit through immune and you already have several ways to move units on one row.

I'd probably cut Ithlinne before Schirru, by the way. Schirru is more difficult to use but has more upside. Ithlinne isn't needed with Brouver, CoF and Schirru. She just frees up the charges to be used elsewhere, adds consistency, expands the Schirru target range and fits the elf swarm concept. He's also a good counter against stuff like Imlerith :) (Imlerith+Eredin is an 8).
I already lost plenty of times agaisnt that Yrden....i got to check him out

If it helps any I threw the following together and have been messing around with it...

Brouver

Ithlinne
Yrden
Schirru
CoF
Aelrinn
Milaen
Roach
Ciaran
Eskel
Vesemir
Lambert