Elven guerrilla (mulligan deck). Advice and thoughts?

+
I don't know if you like the idea, but seeing as you already have Zoltan and BMC, you could go for a mulligan/movement mix, and put some Vri Brigades in your deck. As the previous poster has said, it is very risky not having anything against weather; a lot of decks run with some weather card, and it will be impossible for you to win against a typical weather monster deck. Vri Brigades are useful against weather, and also good for lining enemy units if you put some weather on some Hailstorm of your own. And you shouldn't need Barclay Els. Ideally, you should be able to thin your deck and have your golds/silvers avalaibles. Barclay Els + Sheldon Skagss is a good idea, but it is a silver slot and you could have a better use for it. Also, I'd get rid of Royal Decree. I personally like Ava'llach.
And what use do you have for Marching Orders? Lowest bronze are BCM or wardancer, lowest silver is Barclay Els. Just asking!
Ah, and I found that, at least in lower ranks (I'm just 15), a lot of people get bamboozled by Toruviel+Aelirenn mix. For example, I like this Round 1 strategy, and I think it goes well for me like 80% of the time. Again, I'm just rank 15, I don't think this will work in higher ranks.

1.-Initial redrawing, redraw 2 wardancers.
2.- Francesca on Vri Vanguard for pulling Avallach (if I already have Avi, Saskia; if I have them two, then another gold or silver, of course Toruviel if I don't have her)
3.- Avallach (in my case, Avallach + Roach)
4.- Toruviel.

So, the count goes: two 4 points wardancer (they are buffed by the Vri Vanguard), 8 point Francesca (idem), 8 points Avallach. 24 points and ambushed Toruviel. You pass. It is important that you have two units to her left, but you can have only one on her right, as when Toru is revealed, Aelirenn will be alocated to her right and she will benefit from the +2 buff. The Toruviel movement will grant you 20 points. And you can have a bit more initially, if you have roach, or if you have pulled Avallach or Toru with Fran, an extra 3 points.

If you don't win the round, at least you'll have some card advantage. I aslo recommend, if you have 3 wardancers in your initial hand, keep always one. This way, you can mulligan it at second round; if your opponent won, he won't benefit from dry passing to level card advantage.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas!

On top of the deck´s archetype (mulligan), I like to have a lot of deck thinners, so this list has 9. It means that if I get to play them all, there´ll be just three cards in my deck at the end of round three. That´s why I prefer Royal Decree over Ava´llach.

Now, marching orders > Barclay > Shedon > BMC. That is the ideal play. That´s a 25 value play on top of a 9 value play (BMC) with 4 deck thinning. I now it is very tricky because you need MC and one BMC in hand, and not having anything else from the combo. But, if you can, it is a big tempo play.

On Toruviel, I´d see him as an option IF he pulled Ailerenn after revealing, but it does not (nerf?). At least it is not working for me, when Toruviel is revealed as the fifth elf on my side, Ailerenn won´t pop in.

Eliadann;n9702821 said:
Thanks for all the ideas!

On top of the deck´s archetype (mulligan), I like to have a lot of deck thinners, so this list has 9. It means that if I get to play them all, there´ll be just three cards in my deck at the end of round three. That´s why I prefer Royal Decree over Ava´llach.

Now, marching orders > Barclay > Shedon > BMC. That is the ideal play. That´s a 25 value play on top of a 9 value play (BMC) with 4 deck thinning. I now it is very tricky because you need MC and one BMC in hand, and not having anything else from the combo. But, if you can, it is a big tempo play.

On Toruviel, I´d see him as an option IF he pulled Ailerenn after revealing, but it does not (nerf?). At least it is not working for me, when Toruviel is revealed as the fifth elf on my side, Ailerenn won´t pop in.

Yeah, that's a good combo. I use it something in the same vein, but from hand (not Marching orders or Barclay), with one BCM, Zoltan, and Sheldon.
As for the Toruviel thing, last time I played was two days ago, and Aelirenn was showing just right, and have never failed to show, at least for me. Are you sure Aelirenn was not on your hand or something? I'll try to make a screenshot next time!

Noela;n9703361 said:
Here you go:

Nice. Who is the gold card in the screenshot? Isengrim? I need to check on my Ailerenn, last time I played I am pretty sure she wasn´t popping

Sorry for the quality, I was in a hurry and played a quick practice match and I think I messed up a bit with the image. Golden card is Avallach, but Isengrim is not a bad idea for pulling Toruviel, I think.

Literally can't win with ST unless you use the 1 or variation2 decks that certain youtube players use AND are playing at that level. At my current rank, 14. I can't win. It's like whatever deck I use the match-making service pits me against a deck that will beat mine before a card is drawn.

"Sick of it, sick of it all"

gards;n9719601 said:
Literally can't win with ST unless you use the 1 or variation2 decks that certain youtube players use AND are playing at that level. At my current rank, 14. I can't win. It's like whatever deck I use the match-making service pits me against a deck that will beat mine before a card is drawn.

"Sick of it, sick of it all"

I disagree, i got just under 4000 rating last season, within my first week of playing gwent.
My advice is, constantly ask yourself whats the weakest link in your deck , then tweak it every few games :p

If you play the elf boosting swap. I'd prefer playing Half Elf Hunters instead of the smugglers. It adds more power in two bodies for the mass boost. But it's just a small advice from someone who just started recently. I might be wrong

Top Bottom