Employees and developers are speaking out...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I have to admit, as someone who loves RP, I still have a bit of a hope, that they will give us an online mode, where we can create our own communities and such, and that can be RPed in. Cause that would at least give ppl looking for Cyberpunk RP a place to find that in the game.

Realistically... you cant expect the game to be completely redone now to become the game they originally envisioned. And the world is there... I mean Night city is pretty much the best gameworld I have seen basically ever. So it would just be an awesome move to give the RP crowd at least a little something when it comes to the online mode. I mean, CDPR is still the one company saying they wont do microtransactions, so there isnt the sharkcard issue that leads to ppl being attacked by Rockstar for running GTA RP communities.

The bad news is, maybe only in 2023...

I mean I have to admit, as someone who loves RP, I still have a bit of a hope, that they will give us an online mode, where we can create our own communities and such, and that can be RPed in. Cause that would at least give ppl looking for Cyberpunk RP a place to find that in the game.

Realistically... you cant expect the game to be completely redone now to become the game they originally envisioned. And the world is there... I mean Night city is pretty much the best gameworld I have seen basically ever. So it would just be an awesome move to give the RP crowd at least a little something when it comes to the online mode. I mean, CDPR is still the one company saying they wont do microtransactions, so there isnt the sharkcard issue that leads to ppl being attacked by Rockstar for running GTA RP communities.
Im fairly sure they said they would have it in MP. Not lootboxes and so on but cosmetic stuff. Makes even more sense now why they suddenly did it that way. Seems ppl are starting to find out that some quests were supposed to have more outcomes but its blocked now. I hade a feeling when i played trough the game that alot of options and player choices were missing and hade to be gutted to meet the release date. O god i wonder how the game was back in januari when the said it was playeble and compleateble...

You will be surprised if you can write more than half a line about something other than in the logic 'CD is evil, but competition executives are gods' :)

Im fairly sure they said they would have it in MP. Not lootboxes and so on but cosmetic stuff. Makes even more sense now why they suddenly did it that way. Seems ppl are starting to find out that some quests were supposed to have more outcomes but its blocked now. I hade a feeling when i played trough the game that alot of options and player choices were missing and hade to be gutted to meet the release date. O god i wonder how the game was back in januari when the said it was playeble and compleateble...
Well that doesnt have to be an issue. I mean the most active RP community I know att is in Conan exiles. And they have cosmetic DLCs. A lot of them. But still lets ppl have their own servers and communites and lets people do their own gameplay approach to allow for RP.

But yea, its ofc a bit of a scary thing. Multiplayer in the past years has always been more of a cashgrab than anything else, an excuse to sell cosmetics, cause devs know very well, that in online games cosmetics sell better than anything else. People always say "its just cosmetics" but... like, yea cosmetics are done for that, cause they sell better than p2w stuff.
p2w content just creates bad press and little sales.

So we have to wait. Wanting to make money with a product doesnt mean it cant still be good, as shown by the DLC content in Conan Exiles. But it also can lead to the money ppl getting too scared to let people play their own game, and that would ofc kill the prospect of RP communities

ahh dont know why im so suprised tbh. All i want is a proper singleplayer RPG that i havent already played. O well all hopes on Baldurs gate 3 then...

Okay then. True or not I don't particularly care. It's not really my concern why a game launch runs into problems.

As a player finger pointing, speculating on the why of it and things of this nature are a waste of time. My sole concern is the quality of the product. In this case it's safe to say the pooch was sufficiently screwed. Even though I still think a lot of stuff in-game is done well. That work doesn't go unappreciated. From there my concern stretches to whether future products from a given company are worth a look down the road. I'm still on the fence for that one.

Personally I must first say I have played the game for 75+ hours on PC now and that was mostly side quests, taking screenshots, looking at the scenery, not skipping the driving with NPCs as I wanted to feel like I was driving from point A-B in anticipation of what was to come and enjoy looking at things along the route and not choosing not to rush through the game generally.
I wish I could get more fps out of the game with my PC and hope the devs can tweak it a bit more over time to do that but for the most part I am enjoying the game. And don't feel like I lost my money at all. The game is super ambitious if anyone has played the game for any good length of time and explored they would know that. This is a next gen game. It is too much even for the mighty RTX 3090 with RT ON.
Trashing the game is just kind of silly. Why do we have to do that instead of just cheering the devs on to keep tweaking the game and finishing it if for some reason it was not. I never take promises at heart when games claim they want to do this and that. I just look at the idea and decide whether I like it or not then wait for release. I was sold at Cyberpunk 2077 name and some early footage. I got way more than I expected. I am quite pleased.

Now about media "findings and opinions" :
Same old same old rhetoric from leftist publications. If you want to finish your project in such and such a time you work overtime. It is funny how this is said to be a sin today. When I am at home and want to finish a project I work until it is done. Yes that was my own choice but it is also a choice for people to work at gaming companies who need to push out games. It is a machine and workers are part of it. Crunch time is always crunch time. Everyone thinks investors some how can wait forever for a return on their money. It is not just rich people who have stocks and who invest in things. Millions of hard workers do. They need a return as well.

Blame corporations that are actually evil like those who censor voices and feed us misinformation. We all know who they are and it is not in the camp of CNN and Facebook.

Instead of smearing a known good company lets give some constructive feedback and cheer them on. Making a game is not easy for any company. Cyberpunk 2077 was very ambitious and I'd say even now it is a masterpiece of a game for so many reasons. It successfully meshed together many genres and styles and did it well. Performance of course should be addressed. I agree.
Now go make you some eddies.

Elder scrolls 6 fingers crossed xD

Ehh it'll probably be alright. There's also the one game that's being made by the creators of pillars of eternity that aims to compete with it.

It's still too early to say if it'll be anything, but we can always hope.

Personally I must first say I have played the game for 75+ hours on PC now and that was mostly side quests, taking screenshots, looking at the scenery, not skipping the driving with NPCs as I wanted to feel like I was driving from point A-B in anticipation of what was to come and enjoy looking at things along the route and not choosing not to rush through the game generally.
I wish I could get more fps out of the game with my PC and hope the devs can tweak it a bit more over time to do that but for the most part I am enjoying the game. And don't feel like I lost my money at all. The game is super ambitious if anyone has played the game for any good length of time and explored they would know that. This is a next gen game. It is too much even for the mighty RTX 3090 with RT ON.
Trashing the game is just kind of silly. Why do we have to do that instead of just cheering the devs on to keep tweaking the game and finishing it if for some reason it was not. I never take promises at heart when games claim they want to do this and that. I just look at the idea and decide whether I like it or not then wait for release. I was sold at Cyberpunk 2077 name and some early footage. I got way more than I expected. I am quite pleased.

Now about media "findings and opinions" :
Same old same old rhetoric from leftist publications. If you want to finish your project in such and such a time you work overtime. It is funny how this is said to be a sin today. When I am at home and want to finish a project I work until it is done. Yes that was my own choice but it is also a choice for people to work at gaming companies who need to push out games. It is a machine and workers are part of it. Crunch time is always crunch time. Everyone thinks investors some how can wait forever for a return on their money. It is not just rich people who have stocks and who invest in things. Millions of hard workers do. They need a return as well.

Blame corporations that are actually evil like those who censor voices and feed us misinformation. We all know who they are and it is not in the camp of CNN and Facebook.

Instead of smearing a known good company lets give some constructive feedback and cheer them on. Making a game is not easy for any company. Cyberpunk 2077 was very ambitious and I'd say even now it is a masterpiece of a game for so many reasons. It successfully meshed together many genres and styles and did it well. Performance of course should be addressed. I agree.
Now go make you some eddies.

Agree

Interestingly, those who criticize and burn the game today, until yesterday died of love and exerted qualities (how did they say that without prudence?) Is part of that press that writes anything to please 'waves' ... creates 'factoids' ( unreal things) to keep surfing the 'wave' and gaining an audience ... and it is not about defending or not hasty decisions of eventual executives with eyes in their pockets. This is as clear as the day and the sun. So obvious that, repeating it to infinity, does not solve anything ... and that gives vent to the malicious ones who take advantage of any gap to spread their usual hatred in the communities. This happens here too, in this community.

I have 111 hours of gameplay and haven't completed even half of the quests. Here they confuse 'desires' with promises (from CD), for bad interpretations of reality and what they (CD) say, worse, they try to impose, using 'herd behavior', ideas on others.

The problem is when these haters find resistance, then they go crazy ...
Post automatically merged:

But there are ways, as you wrote yourself, to make yourself heard, in an official group of the company which many accuse of being 'negligent', making the criticism punctual, being constructive and trying to use reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom