Enabling raytracing drops my FPS from 120 to 30. Is this "normal"?

+
Hotfix 2, RTX 2070 Super, latest drivers

At 1440p, and lowest settings I get 120fps. Enabling the raytracing switch drops it to 30 fps. Now, I understand this is not a top of the line card and I expect a large drop, but this is so insane I suspect something might be broken.

For comparison, on the same card I can play RE: Village at native 4K, at pretty high settings, and with raytracing on, at 50-60 fps.

depends on location.. on my Rx6700XT i get 35 FPS with RT in Novigrad, and around 45-50FPS outside in Velen..

depends on location.. on my Rx6700XT i get 35 FPS with RT in Novigrad, and around 45-50FPS outside in Velen..
Are you sure? On my RTX 3060 i can get too around 30 FPS in Novigrad, but for only first few minutes or litle bit more... After ruining more around center FPS drops to half of it or less and if i go to outside of Velen there the drop by half of FPS will stll exist, even if i turn off RT i will get half less FPS compered to relaunching game again.

Are you sure? On my RTX 3060 i can get too around 30 FPS in Novigrad, but for only first few minutes or litle bit more... After ruining more around center FPS drops to half of it or less and if i go to outside of Velen there the drop by half of FPS will stll exist, even if i turn off RT i will get half less FPS compered to relaunching game again.
I dont use all Ultra+ settings.. some of them are quite FPS heavy.. usually keep foliage and grass density at High, same as Shadows.. i also keep background NPC characters to medium-low (i hate how obstructive they are) as these NPCs are one of reasons why Novigrad is so FPS heavy..

Top Bottom