Enabling shadows from light sources in Toussaint

+
Nobody has beaten anyone - it just needed someone to look into this. And I guess you made me curious enough. I could not have done any of this without KNG or DJ work or the others help (and you btw cos you insisted) and quite a lot of guessing...

the mod will come out later today (not by me) and I have already made a script version too.

This like most of good modding was really a collaborative effort.

By collaboration I mean, we, who came late to the party, can just build on other people’s work - wkit, the scripthook and kbowlwdge others have acquired... that’s what I mean with collaborative effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of edits here, as this was beginning to get a little heated, a little personal, and in very few ways focused or constructive.

People are free to prefer one mod over another. People are free to express that opinion. People are not free "bicker" about it. Intelligent argument only, please.

And, let's try to keep to keep the drama out of it, as well.

(I love everything about collaborative effort above. :D)

No Title

This discussion will soon be pointless because the solution is on the horizon.

photo201511.jpg

Guest 3841499

I already mentioned it to rfuzzo, but while enabling all those shadows, could the main game non-complex light sources have shadows enabled? "modShadowsFromAllLightSources" sounds incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:
MonarchX;n10638791 said:
I already mentioned it to rfuzzo, but while enabling all those shadows, could the main game non-complex light sources have shadows enabled? "modShowsFromAllLightSources" sounds incredible!

Yeah, easily. I have a script that can do it for individual light sources, but I'll look for a more convenient way right now :)

Guest 3841499

Do the Masters of lights and shadows know where the fake light from Windows is coming from at night (in Novigrad)? Interiors are significantly dimmer than fake window lights. I found a shader that I think is responsible for it, but shader settings are usually over-written by material and FX, which I can't find. Maybe window meshes have them - have no idea, would be great to know.

No Title

MonarchX btw, vanilla shadows look like this. see how small the radius is. I attached a comparison with 4-times the radius as well. So there's no point in 'enabling' vanilla shadows.

Attachments

• photo201801.jpg
    photo201801.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 77
  • photo201811.jpg
    photo201811.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Guest 3841499

So the DLC method does work, at least for customizer? Well damn...

Top Bottom