Encounter problems

+
Encounter problems

Hello,
I've been trying to do a working encounter to spawn some monsters. I set it as it said in wiki (for some unkown reasons I can load this page :)), but it never works. Actually it worked once, but then it stopped working again. :D

I attached picture with my setting of that encounter, so if anybody has a idea what have I done wrong I would be very grateful for your advice. I also tried to do it with community, but couldn't figure it how.

I want to include them in a quest, where player has to kill them, so maybe there is some better way how to do it.

View attachment 17383

Attachments

• encounter_settings.jpg
    encounter_settings.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Actually it worked once, but then it stopped working again.
Maybe they are spawning but very slow? Try to set Area Type= Patrolling Area and spawnDelay= 0.

I also tried to do it with community, but couldn't figure it how.
I want to include them in a quest, where player has to kill them, so maybe there is some better way how to do it.

1. Add waypoint on your level and tag it, e.g. endriag_01_spawnpoint.
2. In the asset browser go to your community file (or create new one) and add new line for the monster.
- a. Entity Template- your monster, e.g. endriag_warrior (game\gameplay\monsters\endriag\endriag_warrior.w2ent);
- b. set an appearances;
- c. Entity Spawn Tags- it's the tag of your actor, e.g.endriag_01_tag;
- d. set Story Phase Name;
- e. Dont Respawn- yes;
- f. Spawn Point Tags- it's the tag of your Waypoint: endriag_01_spawnpoint
3. In your quest file add Story Phase Setter. Next add Pause- CQuestActorCondition. In this place you need to set actorTag- endriag_01_tag and checkType- CQCIsDead.

So I finally find out why my encounter hasn't been working. It was because I created world partitions and didn't load there the group it was in. xD But it's probably better to do it with community as I want to include them in that quest, so I tried and I failed.

I don't know what I am doing wrong I dit it step by step as you said with just one difference I switched endriag for nekkers, but I doubt that's the problem.

View attachment 17436

---------- Updated at 03:09 PM ----------

I even tried to create a separate quest file, where is just start -> story phase setter -> end (i have similar for human npcs and it works), but it doesn't work here, so I guess that the problem is probably with my waypoint or with community file.

Attachments

• quest_script.jpg
    quest_script.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Thank you very much. :) It didn't work because I didn't select story phase name in story phase setter. :) Now everything works as it should.

Top Bottom