Encrypted shards, etc?

+
So, while playing I typically just auto hit the button to go straight to cracking an encrypted shard. But sometimes I don't hit the button fast enough, or I leveled up and it overrides the button input to instead take me to the character UI, etc. The most recent case of this was when Sandra Dorsett eventually got back to me, and I already had her data bank in my inventory. Was always wondering what was up with it, then she called and it gave me a very short window to crack the encryption on it. When I say very short, I mean I missed the button input because I was still listening to what she had to say. After the call, I have since combed through the 300 ish shards I have, cannot find where I can crack the encryption on her data bank. Even the item in the backpack doesn't have the option to do anything.

As this wasn't the first shard I got the prompt to crack and either missed it, or put it off to try after seeing what would happen (yes, save scumming so I can experience split path choices without having to play another 100 hours from scratch etc), I just did a quick new game and sped through to where you get in touch with Stout. Y'know, where it even pops up the tutorial for Encrypted Shards. Just to remember. And it answered the issue: not all the shards you can crack are on the shard list. This means that if you miss the prompt on screen then and there, you might not actually have the *option* to crack it unless you reload the save. I am unsure if this is intentional, or if it was an oversight, but damn is it a little bit game breaking when I have all these shards in my backback that I literally can't do anything with and don't have an answer on if I should just scrap them or if they come in handy at some arbitrary other point down the line.

Anyone notice and/or experience this and have an actual answer as to if there's just some hidden way to access these things? Because they sure as hell aren't on the Shard list. Spent 2 hours triple checking it shard by shard =\

Top Bottom