Endgame content?

+
So, after we beat the main story a couple times, playing a few endings, and finish most of the side quests.
What's there to do?
What was the plan for endgame in Cyberpunk to tide us over until DLC?

Around 50hrs in, and have beaten the game, don't have many side quests left, just the boxing ones, and am getting a little bored just roaming around and shooting random gonks for rep that I'm already maxed out on.

I feel so much was cut from the game, but that's for another discussion.
Real question is what's the endgame?
Most games release and sure a few ppl speed through it, but most take their time.
But this released during covid, so a lot more people are just sitting around with nothing better to do then play a long awaited game.
Already on the forum we've seen the first wave of players saying they're done the game and what's next. Faster then if it weren't released during a pandemic.
Usually DLC to would come out at a set time when they feel the player base has had time to experience the content, and are ready for more.
And CDPR must have accounted for this.

So why no real end game content?
What is there in game to tide us over until the DLC?

Just wish the game was fleshed out more, as the player base is starting to realize how short the story/content was, on a AAA game.
If this were released as a mid range price point, I'd have no objections, but this was top teir pricing on a short linier story driven game

Thoughts?

Start a new game with new build.

I fully plan on starting a new game, this time with a body build playstyle.
However my current char is only level 32/50
It seems after that there just isn't any content to actually reach max level without exploits or 20+hours of mindless killing no name npcs on the side of the road.
Also having just beat the game and it's side quests, playing it all over again isn't as fun as it sounds for me. If rather take a break from the game and come back when everything's not so fresh with pre-known conclusions.

Having played through most of the endgame scenes, it's not like theirs much new to explore or try other then a new build, and since I'm still mid level, I could just cap out and put the rest of the points somewhere else .to experience that.
But it doesn't seem like theirs a way or enough content to do that.

TW3 received a bunch of free content while waiting for the expansions. But no clue what's in store for CP2077 once it's running stable enough. But anyhow, I doubt that many people have completed the game already. It's been only a week. Additional content often takes a while.

Even a new build doesn't really change much.

I went from stealthing and hacking and silenced pistol headshotting people to grabbing a random sword and going crazy to mucking with a shotgun for a while... build had nothing to do with it. They all were simple enough. Twitch skills trump character skills, so builds don't count for much.

That said, nothing makes this game more of a joke than quickhacks. Ping, Breach, Contagion. Building emptied.
Post automatically merged:

TW3 received a bunch of free content while waiting for the expansions. But no clue what's in store for CP2077 once it's running stable enough. But anyhow, I doubt that many people have completed the game already. It's been only a week. Additional content often takes a while.
Well, there was the info posted from the shareholder meeting where they said they were just going to focus on fixing bugs and performance, and didn't have any plans to add more content. So that didn't seem promising.

At 50h, you've barely done any side content. [...] I'm 38h in on my current char and I've cleared 1/3rd of the map and haven't started any main missions after starting Act 2.

You blazed through the story and are now complaining.

At 50h, you've barely done any side content. [...] I'm 38h in on my current char and I've cleared 1/3rd of the map and haven't started any main missions after starting Act 2.

You blazed through the story and are now complaining.
The Side Gigs and police activity would be worth tackling if the AI was good enough to keep combat interesting outside of going through the actual main and side missions.

If you played the game like me, there is no end game. You get sent back to a check point with nothing to do but start a new playthrough.

My first TW3 gameplay DLC I scored 105 hours on Death March, after blood and wine and hearts of stone I ended up with 152 hours. Currently I'm at 28 hours at my gameplay, I think I'm 70% finished with the sidequests, I'm gonna finish all the sidequests before finishing the main game but I believe I might score 45-50 hours at best?
Really lacking at content in general, gonna wait for the fixes and DLC after I finish the game.

The Side Gigs and police activity would be worth tackling if the AI was good enough to keep combat interesting outside of going through the actual main and side missions.

Just because you don't like doing the content doesn't mean it's not there.

The gigs are actually just as high quality in many cases as the main missions btw. Not doing them is utter stupidity. With actual characters and stories etc. If you think they are just "go here pick up object" you are SORELY mistaken. The opening gig where you get the chick form the tub of ice? You see same level of quality in the those side gigs.

You also miss out on a ton of Convos with Johnny boy.

Last edited:
Start a new game and suffer and die in a different way.

If you played the game like me, there is no end game. You get sent back to a check point with nothing to do but start a new playthrough.
For me the immersion was broken. Go back to a point where you are terminally ill to go do some gigs? If they'd made a few endings where V actually got cured I got get it in my head...ok...V is going back to being a merc! As is i can't bring myself to do it.

I fully plan on starting a new game, this time with a body build playstyle.
I want to do this either but I decided to wait for a month at least. There will be updates so some of the immersion breaking bugs can be solved, and we can get a better idea about future of the Cyberpunk 2077. If I can hear any word about more content updates, I'd wait more for that update too. This game is amazing but story is too linear so it might not be fun to play it again for now.

I have a suggestion for End Game content. Since I can't make a new post, this seemed like the best thread to post it in.
I have now played through the game three times. Each time I capped out at around level 48 and on each play-through after the first I found quests that popped up just by waiting a few days or running around for a few days after finishing all the side quests in my log and all the blue crime icons on the map.
I run sidequests first after the first play-through. In the case of my last two play-throughs, I had finished all the quests in my log and all the blue police notices. I had no new quests to finish, but I knew from my second play-through that there was at least one quest I had not finished. Specifically Kerry Eurodyne's quest. I skipped time for several days, but still never got the call. With nothing to do other than drive around looking for assaults in progress, I eventually gave up and finished the game without doing it. And it dawned on me why Cyberpunk lacked the replayability of Skyrim. Skyrim had repeatable quests. Quests that used the same buildings and places, but required the player to get something or to rescue someone, etc. In Skyrim, this was done through factions. Each faction still had a story, but once the story was finished you could keep doing quests for the faction, they just got boring after a while. Cyberpunk is the perfect game for something like this. The main character is a mercenary. Having repeated jobs from each of the fixers or possibly the police would be great. The player could rescue unconscious people or grab a disk from a guarded location or sabotage vehicles, requiring little or no dialog from the locals. This would actually give the player something to do while waiting for quests to pop if they have already done all the side quests. Also, It gives players a reason to cap out their character at level 50 (which I have never done yet). It also gives players something to do while waiting for time-based quests to pop after they have completed all the police missions. I realize that less than 10% of players actually do that, but since I'm one of them I thought this might be a worthy idea. I recognize that additional content and missions may be coming with expansions so maybe this content won't be necessary, but it does give players a reason to keep playing even though it's a little boring after a while.

From my own small experience with open world games containing a certain main plot, I can say that even when there are some end game features to play with, I somehow always lose "heart" to do them, and eventually uninstall the game. The reason for me is always this: during my playthrough I have this big, major goal ahead of me and through the whole game I try to reach it, while doing other things in the meantime as well. Once I reach the end of the tale, it's climax, like in a movie or a book, the gameworld becomes somehow devoid of this ultimate, meaningful purpose for still being there. It's like hanging out at a party scene after all that really mattered already has happened.

That's probably why I personally don't mind Cyberpunk 2077 ending design. Even if V got back to Night City streets after the story finale, I wouldn't feel encouraged enough to keep doing some small repetitive jobs ad infinitum.

Adding some more gameplay content between the main missions and before the ending would be sweet though, I agree.

Start a new game and suffer and die in a different way.

For me the immersion was broken. Go back to a point where you are terminally ill to go do some gigs? If they'd made a few endings where V actually got cured I got get it in my head...ok...V is going back to being a merc! As is i can't bring myself to do it.

It's why I have V motivated to do Gigs because he/she thinks they need money for:

* Giving to Mama Welles, Victor, and Misty when they die.
* To pay for bribes or whatever resources they need to get themselves cured.
* Because they have a shit ton of anger to release and might as well be productive about it.

This game just SCREAMS for end and post-game content.

I hope (and i THINK, yes there's still hope in this hardened heart of mine) we will get high-level content sometime down the line, because to have a city this big with nearly nothing to do after the MQ other than to "start again" (which gets old after a while, since the game really opens up only after the Heist, and to do it all again everytime can be tedious) is quite underwhelming.

This game just SCREAMS for end and post-game content.

I hope (and i THINK, yes there's still hope in this hardened heart of mine) we will get high-level content sometime down the line, because to have a city this big with nearly nothing to do after the MQ other than to "start again" (which gets old after a while, since the game really opens up only after the Heist, and to do it all again everytime can be tedious) is quite undewhelming.

I'm confused about the meaning of Endgame content because there's almost zero chance of post-ending content. This is set up very much like New Vegas where the game definitely ends at Mikoshi.

I suppose that what others mean is the need for something more to do once we land after the finale in the game again, but still having this one major story point to accomplish (meeting Hanako at Embers). The ending design of the game won't change, wouldn't make sense.

I'm confused about the meaning of Endgame content because there's almost zero chance of post-ending content. This is set up very much like New Vegas where the game definitely ends at Mikoshi.

You can have high-leveled quests and post-game missions even if V dies in the end, you know. There should be unlockable missions and stuff to do once you beat the MQ and load your game outside Embers. Just like you can get inside that room on the Ebunike and get that smart weapon only AFTER the main quest is completed.

Imagine saying you have completed a game like cyberpunk with only 50 hours.

I am still in my second playthrough and i have clocked in 160 hours and i still have to complete some gigs/side quests and call panam and takemura.

Top Bottom