Ending explanation (Spoilers)

+
So I probably need some of the Cyberpunk Vets to explain the logic of the ending to me because I fail to understand it, or maybe amidst all the mumbojumbo the game throws at you I somewhat missed it.

So in the last mission the real V "dies" and gets turned into an engram like Johnny via soulkiller. Meaning the V in the end making the choice to become an AI or go back to her body is an engram without a soul like Johnny is. Now the game tells you that when you get shot at the beginning you should have died or would have died. But the chip with Johnny's engram saved you. And now its slowly taking over your synapses and whatnot and if left untreated the chip will take over the body and Johnny will be the new owner.

Now V's engram that goes back into her body must be (for a lack of a better word) installed on that chip no? Otherwise how does V's engram get into V's body/mind? The way I understood it is that V's engram gets put on the chip and Johnny's engram gets wiped off it. There was no physical change of a chip on V's body. Everything happens in cyberspace, so if you choose V to go back to her body, her Engram must be installed on said chip.

What I do not understand is then, if the chip function as it does, why V's lifespan is only 6 months? Alt says the chip had its hooks too far already into her body with I guess Johnny's mind/dna/engramwhatever. But on a physical level the Chip is still working. Like it does what it is supposed to do. Take over original V's mind and body. But original V is already dead after being exposed to soulkiller. So how come the chip, with V's engram on it, would not do the exact same thing to V's body that it did when Johhny's engram was "installed" on it?

Why does the chip not slowly take over and adjust the body to Engram V like it did for Johnny's engram. Specially since Johnny is not on the chip anymore and the new engram the chip is supposed to work for is engram V?

Last edited:
You might find some answers here

Because they want to force you chose bewteen two horrible things.
Die in 6 months or become engram.
That's the shit called self-conceited. Tired of hero story.

Top Bottom