Ending issue

+
Care to explain how this isnt a bug? I also had a romance with Judy, called her several times, even in orbit space like he mentioned and decided to live what is left of those 6 months back on earth, she specifically claims that i have to get back on earth and find her ,but for no reason Judy leaves night city

Whether it is virtual or a character from reading a book, movie etc it makes no difference...

Icinix

Forum veteran
Looks like there may not be a credits call that specifically takes that ending into account, or like Tassi said, it's not correctly registering.

Otherwise, yeah, seems odd the disparity of the call you make vs the call you recieve. Especially because it seems to end somewhat positively before the credits.

Yea there are 5 ending with a special one.
My fav is below.

The "true" ending IMO is Don't Fear the Reaper ending.

In that ending both V and Johnny learn from each other and imo only it's the only one that makes sense in the way the game plays out.
Of course it shares the same outcomes the other endings does. Ether V dies a few months later or Johnny takes over V's body. That outcome never changes. With this ending at least it kind of sets up more story with an expansion.

Tbh that is pretty glaring, i understand why she leaves in other ends but the phonecall to her on the station, what she says, your decision to potentially listen to her and go back to nothing but a break up call as the credits roll is kinda....err scratch head material.

I get Judy's desire to leave and its expressed well in the others where she does but agree this end wasn't done to good expressing it even though you know prior she wants to

I was wondering if there were supposed to be more versions of the credit videos for each person that were supposed to be shown based on your relationship with that person but the feature had been eventually cut.

Anyway, it's kinda disappointing that almost none of the choices outside of the final mission impacts the ending. Remember in TW3 whether you play snowball fight with Ciri can lead to different endings? I wish cyberpunk is the same way.

+1 this feels like a bug where the wrong Judy video has been played at the end with the credits. It doesn't fit with her character being truthful and open with V to behave this way, particularly when in the previous moments she was asking V to come back to her asap...

This was the first ending I chose and honestly it was really deflating after the emotional rollercoaster of the previous 30 minutes after going through the operation etc.

Would really like to see confirmation as to whether this is a bug or not.

I don't think it's a bug, it just shows how slapped together and terrible the endings are.
There are more such weird contradictory messages:
If you do the Don't Fear the Reaper ending, Rogue is alive, but V still inherits the Afterlife and there is no Rogue call in the epilogue since the game apparently thinks she is dead.
If you don't romance Judy, you get the exact same voice messages no matter if you chose the Sun or Star ending.
If you chose to go with the Nomads, you get weird voice messages implying that in fact, you aren't aren't together with them now.
I'm sure there is more, these are just the few completely weird messages that come to mind right now. Not to mention that none of the messages imply that the characters (except Vic) realize that V doesn't have much time to life (unless the voice messages come after V has apparently magically found a cure...)

I hope you're wrong - the big deal for me is that I made the decision to go back to NC based on who would be waiting for me... so instead I ended up with nothing. "Life isn't fair". Maybe that's the lesson, however Judy's message was incongruous with how she was behaving previously.

Judy and Panam always leave you if you chose the Rogue and Johnny or Don't Fear the Reaper route, Kerry and River always leave you when you choose the Aldecaldos route. And there's nothing you can do about it :cry:

it's been a while since I last played through the Devil Ending, but I think V lost all sense of time at the end. V is being woken up every day in the same way, so V could have been a few days or weeks up there. I also didn't get a sense for how much time passed between the Call to LI and the talk with an Arasaka representative.

That aside, I have my doubts that you were actually talking to Judy (LI). The idea that Arasaka would allow someone from one of their (secret) space stations to just call earth is ... weird.
I also thought that Arasaka didn't actually let V go back to earth. Not that difficult to get rid of V by opening the airlock.

Top Bottom