[Ending Spoiler] How I would change my endings to make them satisfactory - How about U?

+
This is just a thread how about I wanted my ending to play out. Please post how your ending should have played out to give you the most satisfaction.

Johnny Ending:
I was very empathetic with Johnny the whole game. He really grew on me and I wanted him to take control of the last mission. He fought heroically for us, but as I learned that I can live 6 months or he can live out my days, I told him to go back.
Johnny goes back and we see he is in trouble. He never really gave a shit about anything but himself and his holy war on corporations. But this experience, this heroes journey opened him up for empathy. Perhaps because he was in a female body, or just perhaps he never thougth anyone would be so welcoming and willing to even sacrifice herself for him. We talked a lot about becoming a legend or bend your knee, so he will let these who were close to me know what a hero V was to him.

He invites everyone to one last concert, where he plays a song he wrote about our journey together. The song was called "Sacrifice". After the concert, he sits backstage with all my friends and romances. His voice stutters and he certainly drinks to much, as he tells my love and my friends about how I became this legendary friend of him, and ultimately sacrificed myself for him. it is a somehwhat sad atmosphere and certainly my love interest isn't happy that Johnny didn't do more, but for the first time in his life Johny didn't talk back but took only a sip of his drink. You get to interact with everyone for 1 or 2 dialogue decisions, just for the flavor of the scene.
Then Johnny packs his things and declares he needs to find his own life and needs some time outside of Night City. Then maybe this guitar store scene and him sitting on the bus.
Our journey together changed Johnny. He became more open to the idea of having real friends, perhaps even fall in love. He smiles, as he sits on the bus and has the necklace with the bullet out of Vs head in his hand and puts it on. A reminder for him, that he has to change for my sacrifice to mean something. A reminder he had a true friend after all.

V Ending:
I still went in with Johnny. Johnny held his word and helped me get back, although I have only 6 months to live. I may not live to see next year, but my spirit isn't broken. I learned a valuable lesson from Johnny. There is no Corp, no threat no goal big enough not to be taken on. As someone living on borrowed time it just becomes more easy to run at 120% all day, every day. You see V in the fastest cars, with the best guns, cybered up as shit in clothes stylish af and stirring up Night City for a possible cure. Not in fear, not nervous, but an effing hardcore solo still living on the edge, just with nothing to lose left. She drinks, she partys way to hard, always has a good laugh and she is eager to either find the answers or die trying with a smile on her lips and on her own terms. A possible death in the near future just doesn't scare her anymore and thus makes her stronger.
She still thinks of Johnny fondly and if she could just find a way to give herself more time, she would figure out a way to go back and get Johnny away from eternal life with this terrible AI.
Not all her friend or contacts may be ok with this hardcore living on the edge, but the ones who are true to her she still holds dear. Again one or two dialogue options to get closure about all friends and my love interesst.

So thats how I wanted the endings to play out, if I respect the core elements of the official endings. Both endings can easily result in a DLC, where the V Engram with Alt, or V Engram in her body finally get a hint of some solution. I can even accept being soulless. What I can't accept is being a shitty hobo in the badlands, being a doofus suicidal misfit, being an engram hooker for the corps or being forgotten by the guy I gave my whole life, more than he woul have had considered the age difference, while my love affair thinks I just ghosted her.

So if you could alter your ending, what would it be. Would it still take the V is an engram thing into consideration or does that have to go too? Please tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom