Enemies react or don't react to Protocol Breach/Ping

+
I can't make sense of it, and it's very frustrating...

Sometimes i protocol breach and the enemies are completely oblivious, and sometimes they get suspicious as soon as i finish and start walking around looking for me.

Is there some type of mechanic or interaction i am missing? Is this a bug?

If it's intentional, there needs to be some way for me to tell in advance, no? I don't always wanna go guns blazing, sometimes i wanna sneak around.

Thanks in advance for replies, chooms!

I can't make sense of it, and it's very frustrating...

Sometimes i protocol breach and the enemies are completely oblivious, and sometimes they get suspicious as soon as i finish and start walking around looking for me.

Is there some type of mechanic or interaction i am missing? Is this a bug?

If it's intentional, there needs to be some way for me to tell in advance, no? I don't always wanna go guns blazing, sometimes i wanna sneak around.

Thanks in advance for replies, chooms!
By change have you any legendary QHs equiped ?
Like the ones who have a passive effects which their effect are also applied when an enemy is under a QH effect (like Weapon Glitch, Cyberware Malfunction or Cripple Movement).
Because breack protocol is considered as a QH effect (Mass Vulnerability) and the same goes for Ping for example.

By change have you any legendary QHs equiped ?
Like the ones who have a passive effects which their effect are also applied when an enemy is under a QH effect (like Weapon Glitch, Cyberware Malfunction or Cripple Movement).
Because breack protocol is considered as a QH effect (Mass Vulnerability) and the same goes for Ping for example.
I am fully equipped with legendary hacks, most of the time i use the ones with the passive daemon, yes.
I heard there are some bugs with those, but it doesn't happen ALL the time, just some of it, which is why i am so confused.

Not they have chances to be alerted ;)

It's not a bug it's only due to these legendary passive effects.
Like if you apply an effect (for example Cripple movement) by using Mass Vulnerabilty, the target is under a QH effect (cripple movement). So all the other legendary QH also apply their own effect (it's a chain "contagion" of QH effects).

And the "best" it's if you have all in legendary :)
You Ping a dude, so the target (and all his buddies) is under a QH effect (Ping). Then all the passive effect are applied in a row...
So the dude have Weapon Glitch, Cripple Movement, Cyberware Malfunction, Sonic Shock,... with the RAM cost of one Ping :D

Not they have chances to be alerted ;)

It's not a bug it's only due to these legendary passive effects.
Like if you apply an effect (for example Cripple movement) by using Mass Vulnerabilty, the target is under a QH effect (cripple movement). So all the other legendary QH also apply their own effect (it's a chain "contagion" of QH effects).

And the "best" it's if you have all in legendary :)
You Ping a dude, so the target (and all his buddies) is under a QH effect (Ping). Then all the passive effect are applied in a row...
So the dude have Weapon Glitch, Cripple Movement, Cyberware Malfunction, Sonic Shock,... with the RAM cost of one Ping :D
This is the answer but I'd argue that the passives like Cripple movement shouldn't really apply if you're using a QH under the category of "Stealth". Basically, the way I see it, passive effects that are also under the category of stealth should be the only passives that trigger off of a stealth QH like ping; a great example of this is the passive Breach that triggers Reboot Optics if you're discovered. That's a stealth QH and it works perfectly well as a passive with other stealth QHs, like ping. But Cripple Movement is not a stealth category QH and literally invalidates any stealth QH (or you must simply not use that legendary, which isn't "best").

As it stands now, the option to use the best QHs available is at odds with a stealth build and this only applies to a couple of those QHs. So it's a bit counter-intuitive and I'd think it'd make a ton more sense if it worked as I suggest above. Or... communicate it to the player so they are fully aware of what's going on without needing to visit a forum about it.

But I think being forced to use epic versions of some QHs unless you don't care about stealth QHs is... not good game design. So maybe not a bug. But I'd suggest it's an oversight in design.

This is the answer but I'd argue that the passives like Cripple movement shouldn't really apply if you're using a QH under the category of "Stealth". Basically, the way I see it, passive effects that are also under the category of stealth should be the only passives that trigger off of a stealth QH like ping; a great example of this is the passive Breach that triggers Reboot Optics if you're discovered. That's a stealth QH and it works perfectly well as a passive with other stealth QHs, like ping. But Cripple Movement is not a stealth category QH and literally invalidates any stealth QH (or you must simply not use that legendary, which isn't "best").

As it stands now, the option to use the best QHs available is at odds with a stealth build and this only applies to a couple of those QHs. So it's a bit counter-intuitive and I'd think it'd make a ton more sense if it worked as I suggest above. Or... communicate it to the player so they are fully aware of what's going on without needing to visit a forum about it.

But I think being forced to use epic versions of some QHs unless you don't care about stealth QHs is... not good game design. So maybe not a bug. But I'd suggest it's an oversight in design.
Yep, if I remember it's appeared in 1.21.
It's just because passive effects make no distinction if the target is under an offensive or stealth QH effect :(
A "simple" distinction on the QH effect itself could solve the problem, for sure.
For example, if you use a QH (stealth) that normally does not alert enemies (like Mass Vunerability, Ping or Optic Reboot), the passive effects of the "offensive" QHs should not be applied. And if you use an offensive QH (like Short Circuit or Overheat), they should be applied.

Yep, if I remember it's appeared in 1.21.
It's just because passive effects make no distinction if the target is under an offensive or stealth QH effect :(
A "simple" distinction on the QH effect itself could solve the problem, for sure.
For example, if you use a QH (stealth) that normally does not alert enemies (like Mass Vunerability, Ping or Optic Reboot), the passive effects of the "offensive" QHs should not be applied. And if you use an offensive QH (like Short Circuit or Overheat), they should be applied.
Yes, that's what I'm saying.

I'd absolutely love Cripple Movement to trigger if I hit my target with an offensive QH. But absolutely not if I'm applying a stealth QH on them. Much worse Ping. So you're right: it's not a bug. But it could be done better.

Top Bottom