Engine upgrades for CP2077

+
Engine upgrades for CP2077

Any word on this...I've heard they're using Redkit II, so how far they can go with it ?

Things I'd like to see:

- better transition gameplay to cutscene

- more destructible environment ( important for shooters)

- more interaction with objects in environment ( great if it was done like in Gothic/Far Cry...immersive, without excessive cluttering)

Are these possible?

I heard they're still utilizing the red-engine 3 but using new assets and other stuff for Cyberpunk 2077.

Any word on this...I've heard they're using Redkit II, so how far they can go with it ?

Things I'd like to see:

Are these possible?

As far as i know they are doing something different with dialogues, not sure if thats just includes transitions from gameplay or the whole dialog will have less of a cinematic feel. I hope ts just seamless transitions

Red engine 2? i thought it was an upgraded version of the current engine, the system requirements will go through the roof
I hope to see better lighting system, and no fog hiding the city/landscape, textures and animations are perfect as they are now

Red engine 2? i thought it was an upgraded version of the current engine, the system requirements will go through the roof
I hope to see better lighting system, and no fog hiding the city/landscape, textures and animations are perfect as they are now

He said redkit 2, redkit was the modding tools for witcher 2. Redkit 2 would imply it's a follow up for the Red engine 3 that they used for the witcher 3 and are using for Cyber Punk 2077.

they probably have something more powerful than redkit for making assets and implementing them in the engine though.

---------- Updated at 08:50 PM ----------

not being a coder, can't comment on the others, but more destructible environment is in what manner important to shooters? nice to have? sure, interesting mechanically some times? absolutely! important to even be in the game? not in the slightest.

how do you imagine this? I don't remember having problems with this. on the contrary, I noticed a few times that when they transition back to the gameplay camera it takes a second to move back behind geralt, making the transition look smoother. or do you just not like cutscenes? :D

before the witcher 3 they talked about how they wanted many more things to be destructible than what they ended up with, but there were a lot of problems with it. I don't remember exactly what they said, but one would imagine performance was one of them. it also introduces design problems. how do you explain things you can't destroy? how do people react to different degrees of destruction? do we save the sate of more important objects? are rooms usually gonna contain only rubble after big fights?
they may have worked on this since, but I know for the witcher they actually had more destruction and toned it back deliberately.

not being a coder, can't comment on the others, but more destructible environment is in what manner important to shooters? nice to have? sure, interesting mechanically some times? absolutely! important to even be in the game? not in the slightest

Depends on style of gameplay: Rainbow Six Siege is one of the best multiplayer FPS and revolves around it, for cover shooters it makes combat far less static. We still don't have any idea what they are going with it here, but I definitely don't want to see something like Mass Effect II.

how do you imagine this
Sorry, I meant to dialogue, without any black screens.

Depends on style of gameplay: Rainbow Six Siege is one of the best multiplayer FPS and revolves around it, for cover shooters it makes combat far less static. We still don't have any idea what they are going with it here, but I definitely don't want to see something like Mass Effect II.

Sure, but they aren't making a game anything like Rainbow Six Siege, the recipe for cake is not the same as the recipe for curry. why try to include the same ingredients?

I rather get the impression that they are making something more in the vein of sandbox games than Mass effect.

Last edited:

Sorry, I meant to dialogue, without any black screens.

What? There is counter-strike (sadly csgo worse than 1.6) which is by far the best (ignoring cheating and throwing). Rainbow 6 has died like 2 weeks after premiere. CS has been nr 1 shooter for ~15 years.

What? There is counter-strike (sadly csgo worse than 1.6) which is by far the best (ignoring cheating and throwing). Rainbow 6 has died like 2 weeks after premiere. CS has been nr 1 shooter for ~15 years.
I suspect one of the reasons for that is Rainbow 6 is "less gamey" so really only appeals to the hardcore audience.

Did you follow with the updates? Ubisoft, for some reason, paid attention to feedback and hugely improved the game since launch and the community has only been growing since.
As for "hardcore", I have no idea what that even means, related to one another...the two play entirely differently.

By dead i meant no community. Just check Twitch. No one is even watching nor streaming Rainbow 6. One of reasons CS is so great is 128 tickrate and almost no RNG while opther games have huge RNG and very low tickrate. I doubt there is any game besides CS with tickrate higher than 60 (some FPS games have even 10-30!!!).

I hope that CDPR will make the engine fantastic. Lot's of graphical improvements to look even better than Witcher 3. Great lighting, and realistic graphic settings would be amazing. The performance would have to be top notch on both consoles and PC.

Top Bottom