Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

+
Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

From what I have seen it seems like an NPC and no nipples? If so what was changed on the NPC? My friend told me that the entire erotic quest lines were deleted as well as the erotic cards. Can a dev please go into more description for us US customers?Many Thanks

There's a big ol' thread at the top with Ask The Dev questions, and in there it was answered: two or three models as well as the cards will have hair or clothing covering nipples. Nothing else is censored.If you really want to see those jugs though, there is a thread with people discussing how to order from the UK. Well, some of them are saying that they are in it for the collector's edition, or don't want to give in to the Man and his censoring, but we all know the real reasoning behind their troubles.

So that's what is censored? Perhaps I may have missed a post but I do remember reading about some of the finisher moves were taken out too? Or is that only removed in the German version?If the US version would still incorporate the finishers then I would just wait for the US version to hit the shelves ;D

There is a metric tonne of misinformation running around out there on the web about what is actually censored in this game. It seems that anybody and everybody wants to get up in arms about some thing which they imagine to be censored. I can only say that at this point the Developers here on this forum would have to be the authority. Unless they are wrong about what got censored in their own game or they are flat-out lying to us then it must simply be a couple NPC models and the collector card images. It was specifically mentioned that no quests or content of that kind were removed. Nobody here has specifically said (to my knowledge) that finisher moves were NOT censored, but when they say that the only things censored were "X" then that would seem to indicate that all things not "X", including finishing moves, are still in the US version. Nobody will know for absolute certain until they release both versions and we compare.As for me, I bought the UK version because of that sticking it to the man thing. ;) I think a game targeted for adults should be able to have content like any movie or other medium meant for a mature audience. If the Devs think I need a few more nipples in my life, then that's their vision (and Sapkowski's) and therefore, who am I to tamper with it?

HelloI'm from Canada (You know, the big country north of the United States) and I wish to buy the new Enhanced Edition. Unfortunatly, it seems that our version here is censored. I'd like to know if the Enhanced Edition will be uncensored or not.Otherwise, will there be a way to remove that censorship from the game? Is there any legal issue to post on your forum the "Official : How to remove censorship from The Witcher"?Thank you

I'm not sure about offical way to uncensor the game... but I did find a mod that works well and is easy enough to install.http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=9006.0

As some CDPROJEKT RED member said: it's not decided yet.SOURCE: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=10550.15 (1st & 2nd post)

If the enhanced version also has a 'censored' version...which will probably be a necessity through Atari because otherwise it would have to be rated again...then people with a censored version can simply use another mod to bypass it.The decision to censor the game was made by Atari though, because they did not want to risk an AO rating (which they would have gotten) from the ESRB. An AO rating would have hurt sales, not because *we* wouldn't buy it, but because some retailers won't stock it. A game that's rated 'M' gets stocked even by Wal Mart. Just wanted to mention that since some folks seem to have tin foil hats on about such things. :dead:

Not much emphasis on the censorship, I'm just interested on the game stability and loading issues as stated. As well as more game content. However, I hope there will be a patch to give those elements to people who already paid and owned the current game. Unless Projekt wants to make more $$ by makin people buy the newer versions to enjoy all of these. *crosses finger* hope not ^_^

The sad thing is, the PMRC happened during my generation - Yes, I'm that old! I remember being 15 years old, and CRANKING Guns n Roses first album "Welcome to the Jungle" (back then, we used "tapes") and if you were unlucky enough to have an older cassette recorder AKA "boom boxes" it would "eat them" and you would spend HOURS running through the house looking for a pencil to rewind and put back the miles of copper brown spilled out on the floor...HOLY COW I'm OLD! ::)My personal opinion is censorship violates our first amendment rights - however, being 33 - would I allow my 10 year old or even my 13 year old to view "adult content" absolutely not! I think games like this should have 2 versions adults, and teens/kids. I think my mother would never let me live this down if she were to see this post!!! hahaha! :D

I hope it's uncensored. While I personally could care less about the nudity in the game cards and what not, I just don't like it when my games are censored, which is why I bought an import version of the game.

As for now - yes it was not yet decided although the most likely option would be keeping the present age rank.

Sorry to hear that CDPR, really am.You guys should be informing Atari & others on your business distribution side of things that you are actually putting a burden on your customers. Forcing them to buy from overseas just to get the product how it was made and not some gimped version that a completely seperate business than your own feels it should be like.Its sad how a M rating essentially means KIDS for the most part.I'm sitting here waiting for my copy to get to me, as I had to buy it overseas. Which cost me more money too sadly. :(Great game at least. :)

Just wondering, to me this is one of the most annoying aspects of the game, having the sheath your sword every time you want to harvest a plant, enter/leave a hut,etc ... I know it seems like a little thing but it really irks me .... Also the developers have said that the enhanced edition will be available for download to people who've already purchased the game, what about people stuck on modem connections? We're supposed to download a 4-5 gig file on dialup? lol ... hopefully they'll send an updated cd free of charge sans postage or something ....

I dunno, but I hope so. I don't really mind auto-sheathing swords so much- but everytime I go into a cave I always seem to have just used my last CAT and need the torch- which puts itself away every 10 seconds.Ditto on the dial up woes. I think the best way they could approach it would be to release all the new features in downloadable chunks. Like- this is the toolkit- 30mb. This is the new missions- blah blah blah.I mean, to d/l the 100+mb patch took me days. It's weird but everyone seems to assume cheap broadband is available everywhere now. It really isn't. the only broadband available to me is satellite, and that's like- the most money for the worst quality broadband that exists.

deadlysin said:
Sorry to hear that CDPR, really am.You guys should be informing Atari & others on your business distribution side of things that you are actually putting a burden on your customers. Forcing them to buy from overseas just to get the product how it was made and not some gimped version that a completely seperate business than your own feels it should be like.Its sad how a M rating essentially means KIDS for the most part.I'm sitting here waiting for my copy to get to me, as I had to buy it overseas. Which cost me more money too sadly. :(Great game at least. :)
I worry when people complain that something is completely gimped when infact only a few nipples have been covered up. It is still the same great game and the experience playing it is identical.

Sheathing/unsheathing has been made quicker, but I don't think any more changes have been confirmed yet.

Its the fact of the matter.I want the product to be 100% like they published it.Not a offspring product that has been chopped to meet some pathetic ESRB ratings board standards.And the thought to have to mod my game to make it how it was originally published just seems silly.

Top Bottom