Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

+
ok I just bought the enhanced edition and have some questions before playing if I even can with my computer....*I play RPG's for the story so will I be excitied by this game or dissappointed.....and why.....also is this game more in terms of story like Final Fantasy series or Fable series....I was dissappointed in Fable cause the story was terrible....there wasn't that much of a story too...and I know this game lets you pick many decisions throughout and is open ended like Fable.....that's why i'm worried i won't like it....or is it like Final Fantasy/Xenogears Xenosaga with wonderful story and musiq....and I know those two games don't let you make choices...like this game does.*What is the best thing about this game and why?*Is there a lot of cut scenes FMV sequences?*Is the voice acting really good with the enhanced edition? I herad the american voice acting was terrible in the regular edition is this changed?*how many main characters are there?*Does this game have a lot of side quests and also are they too much alike or very different?*the extra 2 quests on the enhanced edition are they in the original game or do you select them at the title screen? or after the game is over?Now i have questions about installing the enhanced edition on my computer....*I usuallly play consule videogames....this will be my 2nd played computer game on my computer the first being the Blair Witch videogame triligy....so what do i need and how do I install this game....now I don''t know how do I know if I have a cd rom or dvd rom? Will this even work on a cd rom? If not how much do dvd rom's cost? And why was I able to play Blair Withc on my cd rom but not this if I'm not able 2? AGain also how do I tell if mine is a dvd rom or cd rom?*how do I make this game get the full screen view with it taking up the whole computer screen?alright and other information would be appreicated....thanks

The story in the game is somewhat fresh compared to industry standards. It's not you typical run of the mill save the world. The best thing about the game is Geralt. A main character with a character.Actually I think voice acting was very very very good in regular edition and I find it much better than in EE. But I don't think you'll be dissapointed in that area anyway.There is only one main character, only one class. Geralt the witcher. You can make the choices, but those choices will always be in character with what Geralt would do. They will always be grey, never black or white.The game has a standard number of sidequest I'd say. You have your typical witcher contracts that you can do in every chapter. Mostly sidequests are what you'd expect a witcher to do, getting rid of monsters. That's what witchers do, that's what sidequests are often about. But I never found them repetitive. Anyway you will do most sidequests along the way, while doing the main quests and that's what the game is all about. Main quest and main story.They aren extra quests, but rather extra modules or adventures if you like. You choose at the start of the game which one do you want to run, main game, 1st module or 2nd module. I recommend finishing first the main game and then playing extra adventures for another fix you'll probably need.As for installing. You probably have DVD device, unless you have a really really old computer (5 years old or so). If you open My Computer you should see which device you have. I suppose you bought EE, which means all you need is put your DVD in the device, install the game (just click yes or next a lot of time). After game is installed, you should have the witcher icon on your desktop. Just double-click it and the game should start.Full screen is default. If for some reason it isn't. try pressing alt+enter.

*I play RPG's for the story so will I be excitied by this game or dissappointed.....and why.....also is this game more in terms of story like Final Fantasy series or Fable series....I was dissappointed in Fable cause the story was terrible....there wasn't that much of a story too...and I know this game lets you pick many decisions throughout and is open ended like Fable.....that's why i'm worried i won't like it....or is it like Final Fantasy/Xenogears Xenosaga with wonderful story and musiq....and I know those two games don't let you make choices...like this game does. I don't think you will be dissappointed the story grabs you . All the side quest as well as the main quest provide background lending justification to the world you are in . The music is excellent . It is funny but I didn't think of it before your main quest is accomplished at the end of the game inspite of turmoil you may or may not have caused . *What is the best thing about this game and why?The best thing about the game is the depth by the end of the game you are going to be surprised by the actual scope of the environment they created. *Is there a lot of cut scenes FMV sequences?yes*Is the voice acting really good with the enhanced edition? I herad the american voice acting was terrible in the regular edition is this changed? It's good a lot better than most*how many main characters are there?One*Does this game have a lot of side quests and also are they too much alike or very different?yes most are different.*the extra 2 quests on the enhanced edition are they in the original game or do you select them at the title screen? or after the game is over?[you are given the choice of new game from title screen

There are some other good things in The Witcher… One is the immersive alchemy system, it may a bit confusing at the beginning but once you get used to it, its a bit addictive :angel:The game is not about collecting items and have a big warehouse of weapons, armours, helms, boots, gauntlets, etc. Geralt merely has 3 armors but you won't regret it because there are plenty of potions and oils (for sword enhancements) and several buffs for improved figths. There is a greater variety of swords and many alternatives to enhance the blade.The game is not about "numbers", I mean no "wooow, Geralt has level 98, has level 154… highest level is 999!" or "wooow, Geralt does 901–1001 damage, highest damage is 35k-50k". The game is about the main story, the characters and their own background, decisions and consequences.

yeah this computer is over 5 years old i think it is a cd rom cuz when I put the disc in nothing happens....I also have a laptop that is dvd rom so will ths game work on a laptop? Also how when there is a no mouse just that pad where you put your finger on it?Also i'm new to computer games is there any other computer games out there that are as good as this game in terms of story and atmosphere.....can you list the title and give a description of what the game is about...like the story etc.? I heard this is like Gothic 1,2, and 3 but I have no idea what that is about and how old it is cuz I googled the official website and nothing came up.....thanks

LilKis said:
yeah this computer is over 5 years old i think it is a cd rom cuz when I put the disc in nothing happens....I also have a laptop that is dvd rom so will ths game work on a laptop? Also how when there is a no mouse just that pad where you put your finger on it?Also i'm new to computer games is there any other computer games out there that are as good as this game in terms of story and atmosphere.....can you list the title and give a description of what the game is about...like the story etc.? I heard this is like Gothic 1,2, and 3 but I have no idea what that is about and how old it is cuz I googled the official website and nothing came up.....thanks
Your computer is quite old, honestly I doubt you'd be able to play witcher at all due to mimimum spec requirments. However I do know a lot of good old games with good stories, if shiny graphics aren't a must for you. Fallout (1 &2) and Baldur's gate (1&2) spring to mind immediately as classics of RPG genre. You might also want to try Deus Ex as a very story-driven FPS with a lot of RPG elements. Planescape torment is another oldie with a compelling story. I personally never liked Morrowind, but a lot of people did, perhaps worth a shot? If you'll like Baldur's gate, then you'll probably want to try out Icewind Dale too. I'm not sure if you played KoTOR (it was out on some consoles not sure which), but you might like it if Star Wars universe is your cup of tea. You might also wanna try Vampire the Masquarade: Redemption. I'm probably forgetting something, try going on the internet getting a bit more detail about those games to see if you'll enjoy them. Not much point in believing me because you might not like the things I do.Myself I've never really gotten into Gothic. Just like with DIablo I tried it for half an hour, but I just didn't see enough to intrigue me, however there are a lot of people that love Gothic series and a horde of Diablo fans.

ok but will this work on my laptop that is knew....it doesn't have a mouse though just a keypad whee you use your finger to guide the mouse

LilKis said:
ok but will this work on my laptop that is knew....it doesn't have a mouse though just a keypad whee you use your finger to guide the mouse
well you can always plug the mouse in. Hell, you can even plug your monitor and keyboard in, and effectively changing your laptop to a desktop. Transmutation.

LilKis said:
The laptop should be able to handle the game but the biggest wild card is going to be your vid card on the laptop.

what do you mean the vid card? What is it i'm sorta new to computer games so I don't know what it is? What does it do and how much do i need? Thanks

Hi. I was looking for a place where I can download djinni and enchanced edition, but I haven't found such place.I know it sounds crazy, but could you send me a link.

All right.I think I'm having another problem here. I have finally downloaded the enchanced but during the install, it says "the witcher was installed incorrectly. It can't be refreshed."I erased the witcher and installed it again, but it had no use. Even, after I'd tried to installed the enchanced, the witcher also didn't run, saying "bkg" (?).Can you help me with this?PS.: in the headline of the window which contains "bkg", the text is "00538796".

Top Bottom