Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

+
I didn't buy DD so I don't know, just from hearsay that some had limited activations and all.Impulse and Steam definitely have none.

Thanks. I think I'll go for Impulse. Seems the safest option. :)Update: Except it won't let me. Guess UK customers are out of luck.Does anyone know whether the version from the Atari store is DRM free?

hey guys, wondering if somebody could post some of the differences between The Witcher (or TWEE) in the US versions and any of the Euro versions. whether its just the cards, or any actual game content such as quest edits, cut scene edits, general dialogue edits etc etc.thanksp.s. i tried searching for posts with info like this but i wasn't able to find any, but if memory serves, they existed once. if you're able to link me to an existing thread with similar info that would be great. also, i'm preferably looking for more than just the sex cards being censored, those posts are numerous and generally just on how one can uncensor them.

it's really just the cards and a couple of the models. Here's a link to what i've collected so far for the censored images. The uncensored ones are with the main articles and in the main image categories.There are no dialogue or quest differences

If you are a game box collector like i am, you will be wise reading the following thread - Are you satisfied with the US Version of The Witcher

Mottokrosh said:
Thanks. I think I'll go for Impulse. Seems the safest option. :)Update: Except it won't let me. Guess UK customers are out of luck.Does anyone know whether the version from the Atari store is DRM free?
I agree with your previous post DRM is kind of pointless. I got the ummm well thing I'm probably not allowed to talk about on this forum ;) before the physical EE got to me... If you buy the original than put up with the patch download and online activation, it'll remove the DRM. Unfortunately if you buy the EE like me you have to look for other way to get rid of Tages. MAybe someday I'll bering me PC into work with me and register my version of EE.... I wonder when the blurriness bug is going to be fixed....

A certain web site, I won't say unless somebody official says it is OK to name the site, has 2 EE versions for sale. One produced by CDProjekt item #50886692 for $54.90 and another produced by Atari item #48309624 for $39.90. The first looks like the EE page and says import. The other looks more like the US version but not quite. Do these item #s mean anything or are they just the web site #s.

I can't give you any satisfying answer to your question unlesse you reveal more details ;D If you don't want to name the site yet can you give us the product descriptions of the articles?

How many kind of languages are included in TaiWan traditional Chinese version? Only traditional Chinese or Chinese/English or multi-language?Other question: Are all the stuff in Taiwan version same to US/Europe version? Game DVD, OST CD, Bonus DVD, map, story by Andrej, Game Guide etc.?

The numbers are the vendor stock codes. The CD Projekt version is the uncensored (Import) version, the Atari being the censored (US domestic) version

baijc001 said:
How many kind of languages are included in TaiWan traditional Chinese version? Only traditional Chinese or Chinese/English or multi-language?Other question: Are all the stuff in Taiwan version same to US/Europe version? Game DVD, OST CD, Bonus DVD, map, story by Andrej, Game Guide etc.?
With the EE probably all languages. Not sure what's in the box though. Probably the same as the Chinese one.

The site is gogamer.com. Is the import version a polish version or european? The original NA version has a 10 digit number with the bar code. These are 8 digit numbers.

Does anyone know whether the version on the Atari download store has DRM?http://www.atari-store.co.uk/pc-games/buy-download-The_Witcher_enhanced_edition.htmlI wrote to Atari UK customer support two days ago about this, but I've yet to hear back.

The difference in price is simply do to poor packaging in the US version. They removed the manual so it could fit in smaller packaging, etc. I bought the import so I could have it all and it looks great. :) The import version on go gamer is from UK, but remember the EE has all languages ;)

Hey All,I just got the game and I'm waiting till tomorrow to install it, as it's kind of late and I have some things to do.I have a few questions about the Enhanced Version:1. Will I have to update the game? If so, where are the links to the patches?2. What is this "sensory" everyone is talking about in the American Versions?3. Do I have to download the World Editor? Or does it come with.Thanks, I look forward to playing!

These downloads (big!) will make your game EE. You have to register your copy of Witcher first, though, I think.http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.htmlThe American version is censored. Various forms of female nudity are covered up. (Hint: If you look around the web, you can find 'patches' that will make it uncensored.)The World Editor comes with the game.

I think Brasel already has EE.Depending on the version of your copy, I think there's a rather small update you can get online, but it's not necessary.Even if you get it later, your saves will be compatible, so .. I'd recommend jumping right into the game.

Top Bottom