Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

+
HELP!HELP!Hi guys i' am new at this forum so i will be pretty quick.I have a MAJOR problem that u may have too.Some skills are not working!!Like Endurance Regeneration 25% and Patinado II. Please if u know something answer me.My email is thanassis_candias@yahoo.gr

Hi IronHeart, welcome on board :wave:Can you give us a few more details about the issues? "Doesn't work" is a bit abstract. You can open a new thread and describe your problem that we all can find a solution for it ;)

If I upgrade to the enhanced edition of the witcher are my old save games no longer playable? Do I have to start from scratch?

I managed to run EE from old saves, though I heard it is not recommended... but it works! :D

Outast said:
As far as I know, after patching you can run old saves. It must work :)
the thing is that patch 1.3 brought some incompatibilities with the older versionsso:* if you started your game before patch 1.3 you should at least restart the current chapter* if you started the game with patch 1.3 you should be oka safe measure would be to make the IFO trick mentioned in the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

Could someone care to let me in on the most notable chances of the enhanced edition? I haven't kept up with The Witcher for a REALLY long time and now I want to start playing it again. I've did some research of my own and couldn't come up with much other than a few minor details and changes. I jut want to know if I would be missing out on a lot of I decided not to buy the enhanced edition?thanks.

VictoriousDead said:
I've did some research of my own and couldn't come up with much other than a few minor details and changes. I jut want to know if I would be missing out on a lot of I decided not to buy the enhanced edition?
If you have the original edition, you don't need to buy the Enhanced Edition; you can download it for free! Go here: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.html.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I've did some research of my own and couldn't come up with much other than a few minor details and changes. I jut want to know if I would be missing out on a lot of I decided not to buy the enhanced edition?
If you have the original edition, you don't need to buy the Enhanced Edition; you can download it for free! Go here: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.html.
Oh great! I didn't know you can download it for free. Thanks for giving me a heads up before I went out and wasted 30 dollars for nothing! ;D

im a bit confused on the update thing, just installed EE, and clicked the check for update thing. it says i have version 1.4.5.1280 to upgrade to version 1.4.. umm ok, when i click the link it takes me to some page where the link isn't in english and it seems like its an upgrade to EE from regular witcher, no idea, its screwy. Which version is the latest?this is where it takes mehttp://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/wiedzmin/4432

hey,I would like to now what is in the side effect pack from the witcher EE ;Dare it new adventures or idk :beer:already thx

It's a new adventure which you can choose from the main game menu, it's "new adventure" and then you should get "The Price of Neutrality" (if you downloaded it as well) or "Side Effects" :)

I was hoping someone could tell me if the Enhanced Edition patch overwrites all of the UNCENSORED EDITION'S content, ie. the nudity, blood. Most people seem to talk about the Americian Censored Edition, and I wanted to know if it was worth purchasing the Uncensored UK Edition from GoGamer.com.Thank you!

It would be incredibly retarded if it did, but Im pretty sure it doesnt :beer:. If u download the patch it should recognise it as the uk version and leave it uncensored.

so i keep hearing all this news that the witcher usa is censorde with no nudity less violence and more tonned down conversations?is this all true? is it only the europe version that uncensored? i hope for the consoles that they make all versions the same we deserve the full experience!Or am i totally wrong and both versions are the same in content please help my concern out!Thanks

EE determines game version by CD key, so if your key is US, you will get the fewer-nudity version.As for the difference between US/other, its only in the less nudity part, and not in any other way. You can "fix" this by going to the adventure editor section after patching and get Lennard's files.

STGhost said:
EE determines game version by CD key, so if your key is US, you will get the fewer-nudity version.As for the difference between US/other, its only in the less nudity part, and not in any other way. You can "fix" this by going to the adventure editor section after patching and get Lennard's files.
Isnt there less blood as well?

Top Bottom