Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

+
No, same. There was no blood for retail versions due to an oversight and the fix is in the news section.

Greetings, I bought a copy of The Witcher last week and I have just received my key from Atari. I'm in Act II and wondering if I should upgrade to EE or just play on until I want to play the added adventures.

JRitchie said:
Greetings, I bought a copy of The Witcher last week and I have just received my key from Atari. I'm in Act II and wondering if I should upgrade to EE or just play on until I want to play the added adventures.
Well that up to you really since you got your Reg Key It would be a good idea to reg your game so when you feel like it you can DL the EE off the web page.If you don't want to play the EE just yet make sure you DL all the patches need ;)

Thanks SeekerI think I will register now and DL the EE when I have finished the game. I'm playing at the lowest level just now, I'll upgrade to EE and play at a higher level. Thanks Again

JRitchie said:
Thanks SeekerI think I will register now and DL the EE when I have finished the game. I'm playing at the lowest level just now, I'll upgrade to EE and play at a higher level. Thanks Again
Np happy to help and I'm sure you will play TW more then ones ;)

Actually it's not a bad idea if you play the game in the original version and for your next playthrough you use the EE... you will see and feel the differences and the improvements :beer:

Is the EE patch worth it? I know there have been some topics on this subject but I have not found my answer so...I love the atmosphere of the game, i.e. the fact that I have a rude medieval surrounding, that there is the drugs, the sweat, the sex, the gore all those things that just are missing in the other RPGs of today. So is the EE worth it, I mean you get the cool inventory that I have read about so much about, there is the loading that is quicker and some people go around in a different coloured shirt, nevertheless is it worth the atmospheric censorship. + You get these new voices that -apparently- don't sound so genuine. I don’t play the game for the sexcards of course and I don’t play it to enlarge my insult book, but I do play it to have a new feeling.So is the EE patch worth it?

What censorship? :whatthe:I doubt that EE would put the censorship, where it hadn't been. Maybe some of these US versions or wherever was the censorship originally... but no, I had no censorship before, nor I have any now :)

Well.. never wandered why there is such a thing as the "uncensored patch" although if you don't have this probleme then you probably didn't look for it ;)Just a quick question I bought the game "The Witcher" in Europe, if I download the Enhanced Version it will add all the US censorship? Or am I just being silly?

lazylog said:
Well.. never wandered why there is such a thing as the "uncensored patch" although if you don't have this probleme then you probably didn't look for it ;)Just a quick question I bought the game "The Witcher" in Europe, if I download the Enhanced Version it will add all the US censorship? Or am I just being silly?
do remember to register your game first ;)

I apologise if this has been brought up before, I just don't have time to search through 50+ pages to see if it has. I just bought the Enhanced Edition and tried one of my old saves on it. It seemed to work ok, but I was wondering if the old saves will be enhanced like the new ones. I know in some games if you use an old save you have to progress to a certain point in the game for the newer enhancements to start working, and I wondered if anyone knows if that is true for the Witcher EE. Thanks in advance for any help.

A quick forum search using the search function directed at this and/or the tech forum only would quickly have answered your question. I suggest that you make use of it before starting new threads.And yes, it is save-game compatible.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realize I had to use the search function before I could post. I haven't posted here very much. Sorry.

Is there any word on a UK release of The Witcher coming to Steam or Gamers-Gate?I really want this game but I can find no new hard copies and no download sites allow me to buy it because I'm from England :(

Hey everyone ;D. I just bought the Enhanced Edition(US) and since i heard so many good things about this game i would like to play it the best way possible, so i have some questions.Are there any patches or additional content that i can download?I heard the game is Polish, so i assume all the sound was originally in that language. Do you think it is better to play in English or Polish? And where can i get the Polish sound?After i bought the game i found out that the US version is censored -.- Is there a way to get all the original content back?Any other recommendations to play this game the most awesome way ( ;D) possible?Thanks!

To patch go on the main website and go on The Witcher: EE tab, then click downloads on the left hand sideYou can change the language by going into option on the main menu, not ingame, it'll be in Game SettingsAnd there are mods out there to remove censorship, though I've never needed 1.And just take your time and explore all the environments :)

Top Bottom