Enhanced Edition game bugs thread

+
Enhanced Edition game bugs thread

Working great until I installed this patch...was very excited.After patch, the characters look all "smeared", even after trying all settings from the highest to the lowest
Anybody else experiencing this, or even better, have a solution?3.2 ghzati x1950 xt agp2 gigs ramwindows xp

1280 x 720those were high settings, with no aa, or afBut, I tested them on the lowest settings as well, with everything turned down, even went down to 800 x 600, and still the same thing is happening.Tried this with many various settings, with the same results.

Exactly the same problem here...any solutions?nvidia 8600 gt(latest drivers), winxp sp2, 3 g ram, 150g free hdd, dx 9.0c, core 2 duo 2.2game was perfect before eetried modifying vid settings from low to high, 800X600 to 1280X1024 no changeArgh....

So maybe next time it might be a good idea to do some beta testing first eh?reinstalled The Witcher V1.3 what little i did see of ee looked awesome, but cannot possibly play a game where all the textures are plaid awaiting patch 1.4.1

Another shot of the corruption. I've ran around to a bunch of differen't areas, and the problem never corrects itself.

So, I found first bug in EE right now. In Kaer Morhern, the first part of game I used a winch and gate was destroyed. But after this animation Triss walks and speaks with that battle spell in front of her even with all sounds of that spell. It looks really odd. :D I tryed to save the game, after loading of that save spell just disappeared!

it's strange that only a few of us have this problem...it is apparently not an nvidia or ati thing. wonder what one thing causes us both to have the same issue

Zero errors patched in about 15 minutes, immediately followed by english lang patch. seemed a little odd that it said up to 2 hours for the patch but took lees than 15 minutes but, thought nothing of it...

I'm having the exact same graphic issue. In addition, in the Price of Neutrality adventure, some of the parts of the characters are completely invisible! This is probably not terribly helpful but the faceted weirdness that we are seeing looks alot like what happens in a 3d app (3dsmax, Maya, etc.) when a mesh's normals get all screwed up.Plus, Chapter One crashes on load, and there is no text on the screen where you choose whether to load Chapter One or a different Adventure.nvidia 8700 (latest drivers), Vista sp1, 2 g ram, core 2 duo 1.6 (laptop). The game ran fine before 1.4 patch.

It might be helpful if you post your system specs when reporting this error, maybe there is something in common that we all share that the red team may be able to patch for us if they ever read this post.On a side note, would have been nice if they would have made an ee uninstaller...kind of a pain to have to re-install the whole game to remove a patch :(

May have something here, let's see. The 2 files i downloaded twee_upgrade and twee_english_language_pack, the lang pack has an icon of the witcher medallion, but the actual upgrade just shows the generic windows application icon. Perhaps the upgrade is corrupt?if anyone reads this post who has a working installation could advise about their icons (i know it seems trivial), that would be wonderful

I had the same file icons. Did you get your upgrade file from the official Witcher site? I did not. I tried to remain true to the devs, but after trying literally two dozen times to get my upgrade file from the Witcher site, I got it from Fileplanet. Upgrade ran and completed fine. Ran the game (obviously) and everything was fine till first cutscene after load. After cutscene, everything in the distance seemed out of focus or blurry. Saving and reloading fixes until next cutscene. 1.3 worked great, 1.4 now looks like crap and I can't use EAX or I crash before the game even loads. Any hope for a fix?My specs:Intel Pentium D 2.8 GhzBFG 8600 GTS OC 256 MBX-Fi Sound cardAnd yes, I have current drivers.

ours would seem to be a distinctly different problem than those with the AF issue. Our textures show up scrambled on all surfaces, especially noticeable on the characters.an example is displayed in 2 of the posts here.

I am having this problem with the NPCs' skin in The Price of Neutrality, but Geralt and any other creatures whose models were already in the game before updating to the EE are fine.
I'm running WinXP. CPU = Intel Quad Q6600, RAM = 2GB Corsair, Graphics = NVidiaGeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB. The game worked just fine on my system until this patch. Just to be sure, though, I've updated to the most recent version of my video driver and DirectX. Neither solved the problem.

anyone else using mods in the _meshes00 or _textures folder? perhpas it is somehow related. Just wondering if completely uninstalling the game, removing the "the witcher" folder and all it's files and reinstalling clean then upgrading to 1.4 would work. Has anyone tried this?

tried to post a reply with a pic, but my reply seems to have vanished.At any rate, i did an experiment and opened the new Djini editor and loaded some characters. They are all black as if there is NO light on them, or their normals are inverted. The Geralt model shows as black, except with the odd smearing showing up as silver.There are also errors in the Aurora Log:Duplicate resource: gui_ingame_attacDuplicate resource: gui_ingame_styleDuplicate resource: gui_ingame_attacDuplicate resource: gui_ingame_styleWARN: Couldnt load texture fx_aard3, using default oneWARN: Couldnt load texture fx_arrows, using default oneCurrent language: 3Loading fonts from fonts.2da (charset )Loading arial 16px as 14px (current res 900 lines)Loading lucon 14px as 12px (current res 900 lines)Loading arial 16px as 14px (current res 900 lines)Loading garamond 30px as 26px (current res 900 lines)Loading garamonds 18px as 16px (current res 900 lines)Loading garamonds 24px as 21px (current res 900 lines)Loading garamonds 24px as 21px (current res 900 lines)Loading garamond 30px as 26px (current res 900 lines)Loading garamonds 18px as 16px (current res 900 lines)Loading garamond 30px as 26px (current res 900 lines)Loading arial 16px as 14px (current res 900 lines)Loading arial 20px as 18px (current res 900 lines)Loading arial 16px as 14px (current res 900 lines)Loading garamond 20px as 18px (current res 900 lines)djinni menu loadeddjinni scripts initializeddjinni hooks installedLua error: HwDepSettings.lua:610: attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)stack traceback: HwDepSettings.lua:610: in function (C-side caller: %[CLuaSetting]:GetValueName)Lua error: invalid call to %[CLuaSetting]:GetValueNameLua error: HwDepSettings.lua:742: attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)stack traceback: HwDepSettings.lua:742: in function (C-side caller: %[CLuaSetting]:GetValueName)Lua error: invalid call to %[CLuaSetting]:GetValueNameReloading 2DA files...Reloading LUA scripts...Medium nil is not definedDefault finishers definitions loadedUnable to find Appearance ''Unable to find Appearance ''WARN: Couldnt load texture geralt_c1_a, using default oneWARN: Couldnt load texture geralt_c1, using default oneWARN: Couldnt load texture geralt_c1_n, using default oneWARN: Couldnt load texture geralt_g1, using default oneWARN: Couldnt load texture geralt_g1_n, using default oneWARN: Couldnt load texture geralt_h1_s, using default oneUnable to find Appearance ''Maybe this is helpfull to know?

The bottom 9 lines seem interesting...should be able to find geralt right? appearance and main character not found? weird.

Top Bottom