Enhanced Edition game bugs thread

+
Going to try a complete "clean" install later on and an upgrade to 1.4 after that. was hoping that someone had already done this time consuming painful process...also redownloading from different source and running a checksum on the files...That did it, renamed the witcher directory, reinstalled original, repatched to 1.3, then patched to 1.4crystal clean , no caffeine, perfect. works like a charm[mod]use the EDIT button[/mod]

Hey, no worries qbert...I'll be the guinnea pig.So, I did a clean install. I re-downloaded the full install, this time from fileplanet, uninstalled my old witcher, rebooted, did a clean install. Then, I applied the ee 1.4 patch with English language, and the 2 adventures. I had them all in the same folder, and when it got to the"modifiying game files, could take up to 2 hours, etc...." it literally took over an hour, so I thought "Hey, this is differen't"Then the installer completed, and I excitedly pressed "Launch game"....AND........it crashes right after that. Now I'm getting the crash that everyone else is reporting."AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: witcher.exeModVer: 1.4.5.1282 Offset: 0042432a" which is in a differen't thread.wonderful. WE are the beta testers, ladies and gents.

mcadamico said:
Then the installer completed, and I excitedly pressed "Launch game"....AND........it crashes right after that. Now I'm getting the crash that everyone else is reporting."AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: witcher.exeModVer: 1.4.5.1282 Offset: 0042432a" which is in a differen't thread.
what OS?read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed

Okay, well, I reinstalled, but not in a different directory, and it did not get rid of the graphical nastiness. Next step: reinstall in a new directory. Yikes... :(EDIT: just added my PC Wizard info.EDIT THE SECOND: nope, reinstalling in a new directory does not help. (As a side-point, shouldn''t the EE version of The Price of Neutrality have voices? Mine doesn't. Yet I have no idea where to find a version that does.)Well, I don't know what else to do. Guess I will just keep playing with the icky skin texture problem.

I have Windows XP, Service pack 2Also, tried turning off the Sound Acceleration in DXDiag with no difference.BTW, and I know this sounds like a "no duh" question, but, what do you mean (and be specific, thanks) by a new directory?I've put mine in d:\games\the witcher . Is that what you mean?

Er... I know this sounds like a "no duh" question, but what do you mean by "you"? :angel:personally, I just installed it in c:\program files\witcher (instead of the previous c:\program files\the witcher). However, I doubt you are actually asking me, since my method did not actually work. ;)

I have the same problem texture problem with mine :-[ Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz8800GTS 640MB2GB RAMVista 32-bitLatest Drivers and DX10

Ok, one last time here.I uninstalled everything, re-installed to a new directory like qbert did. This time, I applied patch 1.3, and the just the ee 1.4 patch (with enlish language pack).Only to the same results as the previous time...the crash to desktop (not sound related) everyone is having.Oh well, I guess I'll shelve this. I had waited for the ee patch to finish the game, but, there's plenty of other great games out there. I'll just take the wait and see approach,unless somebody miraculously comes up with a solution.

So to clarify, I did not install to a new directory (some games get screwed up when you apply mods/patches to a folder outside the default)I did not uninstall the old witcher ( didn't want to got through the whole reg process again, and was worried about limited activations) i just renamed the existing directory and did a default install again. This essentially wrote all new files and folders without screwing up the registry.1.1 install-->1.3 patch-->1.4 patch (which took about 20 minutes and automagically blew in the lang pack) voila working EE , (actual mileage may vary)

Sorry if there's something I'm just not *getting* here.... But do you now have The Witcher installed twice? ???

I don't know if the support ends with patch 1.4unfortunately I stumbled over a couple of bugs I thought to be gone or respectively new ones.In case if there is still air for patching, here are those I've found:1. (Chapter 2) Introduction cinematic for old vizima: is in conflict when you simutanously try so speak with the harbor ****** while she is standing near the gates to old vizima. Just appears when you enter the area for the first time. After the cutscene ended I wasn't able to steer geralt and had to restart by loading a savegame.2. this has been mentioned by many: the blur bug after leaving dialog scenes, leaves the depth of field while walking around, for the rest of the game or till a savegame has been loaded.3. out of angle in dialog scenes. Due to the new gestures (I think) some cutscenes are out of angle. Could be prevented if closeups are zoomed out a little?4. Temerian Steel axe: just looks wrong in the small weapons slot. It is rather too huge for the leg or placed wrong. And It doesn't dangle.. (haaha)... well I don't know. It just doesn't look right.5. Had one crash after playing some hours but I can't reconstruct what caused it.That's it for now. I'm still in chapter 2. Though it might not be the end of the lineto prevent spamm and flaming: Keep it civil! This thread is just meant as a constructive purpose.[edit] played on:core 2 duo e6750 (default clock)4 GB Ram DDR 2 800GA-P35-DS3Radeon HD4850 (Catalyst 8.9)Win Vista Home Premium 64 SP1SB X-fi-Musicall drivers and Bios up to date (settings all maxed with screen resolution at 1680x1050)

I was having the same problem and the only I was able to fix it was downloading the patch from another source: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/The-Witcher-Enhanced-Edition.shtml

PeletBR said:
I was having the same problem and the only I was able to fix it was downloading the patch from another source: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/The-Witcher-Enhanced-Edition.shtml
just a remainder: before attempting to install do read a bit here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patch and check the files

Found a game play bug:If you come to the fight on the bridge with salamandras during the day after the fight starts Geralt doesn't respond to any control for 2-3 seconds and appears already burning in flames without any reason (health drops to almost zero). In 3 out of 5 cases you die even before you will be able to move. In other 2 cases the only way to survive is to run around and wait till you get your health returned by the swallow potion. When I came during the night I met no problem (at least for me) and everything was very easy.P.S. I play on hard difficulty.

Fighting Salamandras on the bridge after returning to collect you reward for taking out the "dead uns" in Vizima Outskirts - there is some dialogue where there is a typo in the English version, I think when talking to the Alchemist. Not really a bug and doubt it will get fixed given the likely cost/benefit.

Just how long does it take to open the gates between the Trade and Temple Quarters? ;) It's pouring down rain in the Trade Quarter but the sun is shining brightly as soon as I enter the Temple Quarter. Do a few errands and then go back through the same gates to the Trade Quarter and it's pouring down rain again. :) Quite a little game breaker really. :)

I've noticed a different thing. If I'm outdoors (say, in the Outskirts) and it's cloudy, when I save the game and load it again, it will be raining heavily with thunder. Somehow loading triggers rain, which I don't like, since I'm not very fond of rain. :mad:

SolaIII said:
Fighting Salamandras on the bridge after returning to collect you reward for taking out the "dead uns" in Vizima Outskirts - there is some dialogue where there is a typo in the English version, I think when talking to the Alchemist. Not really a bug and doubt it will get fixed given the likely cost/benefit.
I've seen a few typos as well throughout the English version. I don't think I could enumerate them, though. I know one place 'witcher' was spelled something like 'withcer' or some other variation.

So, after patching (and not before) to 1.4 EE, I now have some NPCs who are invisible. The collision works fine for them, but I cannot interact with them, and they do not appear in the game, but I know they are there because their names appear when I press 'alt'. And their blocking works. For example, the innkeeper. I cannot use my inn inventory because the innkeeper is invisible, and unusable. But he exists, and has collision. Any other info you need?

Top Bottom