Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Does anyone has experience if the installer works fine if I uninstall Kaspersky Internet-Security 2009?I got the same error message as the guys with the comodo-firewall. I don't know if I should uninstall Kaspersky to try if it causes the problem, because I definitely cannot imagine that.So much trouble just because these idiots are not able to publish a working patch. :wall: I'm really upset. :mad:

Guest 2077512

This Catastrophic Failure is starting to be an idiotic issue. I even removed the localized.key and still receive the same message when I start the update. At the end this will come up to be some sh**ty mistake. Hello CDPR........ anybody there or all of you gone to vacation??Or this is some copy anti protection just to buy again the same game just with upgrades????Is the patch reading something from the registry? If it does, what is supposed to be there so we can upgrade the game? Common CDPR, don't spoil the good reputation with this stupid issue! The 2GB download is not free for anybody - we have to paid for the transfer to ours ISP. I know this is somewhat expected with this kind of updates but also the response should be adequate to those who legally own the game.[mod]Use the Edit button[/mod]

Can someone please help me.Been trying to install the patch with no luckAfter entering my username and password I keep getting "unable to connect to the remote server" popupand cannot continue with the installI have disabled my firewall and all anti-virus softwarethanks,Charlie

First I download the patch which appears to be in a diferent language than mine, and then I download the usa language pack and then I install it. And there is a little sumbol on the page saying it is easy. And to top it off despite being logged in, I am sent to a third party site that will not let me download any of these files. The download links just send me to a new page where I can not read half the words. Well I am not going to cave in and just go buy a new ee copy. SO how do I get this "easy" mess to wkr? the sticky does not appear to help with my problem. ps. the bonus content and new adventure is yet another 1.3 gigs ( total ) so I do not want to download those right now. Can they be downloaded and installed later ( after ) the patch? or just with it?

After advice from Licaon_Kter, I post my question here and add my PC wizard report :
Sagardlebarbare said:
help baddly needed here guys :I'm under Vista 32bits home premiumThe Witcher has always run fine, including patching to 1.3 and installing d'jinniI've downloaded (patiently) the new patch, french+english+polish language pack and the two 'new" adventuresWhen I launch the install, I've got the "an' givare" (??) pop-up, I enter my login and password I'm identified ok and I'm told to start the update to 1.4 (BTW I choose to install every element I've downloaded)It starts displaying the installation window and copying the files... BUT AFTER A FEW SECONDS VISTA POPS UP AND TELLS ME : " setup.exe a cessé de fonctionner" (setup.exe has ceased functionning) : not the "not responding" thing that I've read about in the official post... but a dead end, I can only click ok, windows says it 'looks for a solution" and finds none...Best of all : after that my game is destroyed it can't even work in 1.3...luckily I had backed up the whole folder so I could copy it over and the games works again... in 1.3I've tried 3 times up to now : same result each time (even after rebooting the computer)can anyone help me ?
later : I've re-downloaded the patch, tried running it in win95 compatibility (even though I'm not on 64bits) and even ran it as admin :it didn't even reached the login control thing : "patchsecurity has stopped functionning" and "redistribuable file install failed"later again : I've retried a few more times this evening : each times the same result, the progress bar appears and doesn't reach past 10 seconds : Vista pops up and says setup.exe has cashed(tried with just the upgrade file and french language)PS : I coudn't add the drivers information in the PC WIZARD log : the option was greyed out, I couldn't check the box... but obviously the crash happens while copying files : I doubt the graphic driver is concerned

lemminkainen said:
Uninstalled Comodo and the patch now is installing without any error!!!That sound really incredible... I wonder what strange sort of interaction could happen... and if it's a Comodo problem or a patch problem.And overall the big question is: will the witcher EE run if I reinstall comodo after patch application?Lem
I think it's problem of both. I experienced problem months ago with Comodo holding some OS operations and disalowing instalation of some things. They repaired it, and now everything installs without problems, but it seems some problems are still there. The patch maybe wants to install something, that looks like a serious thing to Comodo and its hardcoded blocks will catch it. Thereafter its necessary to unistall it completely to remove its security replacings and hacks to the system. I think the installer of patch could be done better and Comodo could be repaired again. Problem of both :)

I got a CRC error on the file Patch14.exe, so I was wondering to which of the downloaded files it belongs. Is it in the main patch?

I am in the US, and have tried several downloads (still waiting for the official download).I've tried (as far as I can tell) all the suggestions, including unplugging from the internet after online activation.I am trying to figure out what registry key (if any) localize.key is trying to write, since I deleted the file, and it wasn't recreate, I'm figuring that it's trying to write it.... Any ideas?

just finished 1.4 install with same problem, no subtitles, no speech, no menu text...worked fine with 1.3

I had the same problem.Uninstalling Comodo firewall was the solution (COMPLETELY UNINSTALL, not only disable).After the patch was done I reinstalled my firewall and all is ok.

SR89 said:
Does anyone has experience if the installer works fine if I uninstall Kaspersky Internet-Security 2009?I got the same error message as the guys with the comodo-firewall. I don't know if I should uninstall Kaspersky to try if it causes the problem, because I definitely cannot imagine that.So much trouble just because these idiots are not able to publish a working patch. :wall: I'm really upset. :mad:
I'm in the same boat as you. I've written earlier that I don't want to uninstall this great piece of software. Besides we don't even know if it will work. I MIGHT uninstall it if it will really help. But then again wouldn't it be too much of a hassle to install a damn patch?

Eccer said:
I have been waiting for 5 hours since I installed the patch, and it still has this message on. I'll illustrate with a picture.http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asdasdey8.jpg
After i got through catastrophic failure by uninstalling comodo, i got exacly same thing, luckly i found out after 10 - 15 minutes that something is wrong. Is there any fix to that? Also i dont think that striping my computer from ALL protection is justified by just installing patch for game :mad: . Also people that updated game succesfully are arleady pointing out bugs in game . This is epic fail on CDP side :dead: . If there wont be any solution for patcher issues i think i'll pass until hopefully 1.5 version. :-\Ps. Sorry for my rant but after 20 hours of trying to get this working my nerves arent in best condition.

Uninstalling Comodo firewall was fine (patch installing takes 30-40 minutes)!After patch was done I reinstalled the firewall and all is ok.Hope it will help!

I don't have any firewall installed.I am running Windows XP SP3, firewall is disabled, antivirus and spyware checker have been uninstalled.

I have the same problem please help me.Only firewall i have is microsoft firewall and it is disabled.Please help me.

lemminkainen said:
Uninstalling Comodo firewall was fine (patch installing takes 30-40 minutes)!After patch was done I reinstalled the firewall and all is ok.Hope it will help!
Let we pray the new version of Comodo will solve this sort of problems.

After deinstalation from Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 there wer no problem to install the patch.At the first start there comes a ram error ("can not read at 0x2111438f)the answer was this post http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16688.msg390420#msg390420

If you have Comodo firewall installed, uninstall it completely. Then reinstall the game and try the patch again. Make sure you copy the patch and the language pack file in the main witcher folder. Worked for me.

Top Bottom