Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
mike3e said:
mike3e said:
Hiya. Sorry if this solution has been mentioned before, I don't have time to go through 30 pages of comments.My system is running Windows XP SP2.I was trying to install the Enhanced Edition udpate, with the English language pack, on a clean install of The Witcher from DVD and was persistingly getting the feature transfer error early on while the update was dealing with localized.key.I tried downloading from various sources, and tried disabling both my AVG antivirus, and my Comodo Firewall - no luck.Eventually I did the following:1. Extracted TWEE_Upgrade.exe using Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Placed all three of TWEE_English_language_pack.exe, TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exe, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe into the same directory where "setup.exe" was extracted, 3. Ran setup.exe.Authentication, installation and modification all went ahead with no problems, modification did take some time though.Now all's good ;)I hope this helps some people.
You are great my firend!That just did it! :)Someone need to pin this answer, so others won't need to read whole topic.
;D - great - this works for me too!!! Many Thanks :peace:

Witchermkh said:
Witchermkh said:
Witchermkh said:
Hiya. Sorry if this solution has been mentioned before, I don't have time to go through 30 pages of comments.My system is running Windows XP SP2.I was trying to install the Enhanced Edition udpate, with the English language pack, on a clean install of The Witcher from DVD and was persistingly getting the feature transfer error early on while the update was dealing with localized.key.I tried downloading from various sources, and tried disabling both my AVG antivirus, and my Comodo Firewall - no luck.Eventually I did the following:1. Extracted TWEE_Upgrade.exe using Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Placed all three of TWEE_English_language_pack.exe, TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exe, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe into the same directory where "setup.exe" was extracted, 3. Ran setup.exe.Authentication, installation and modification all went ahead with no problems, modification did take some time though.Now all's good ;)I hope this helps some people.
You are great my firend!That just did it! :)Someone need to pin this answer, so others won't need to read whole topic.
;D - great - this works for me too!!! Many Thanks :peace:
[size=12pt]It really does work! YAY!!![/size] :peace:

Chinkoo ---> From now on you're my personal Jesus. From the bottom of my heart I salut you.:) Thanks mate, your solution works!

I will try that.He must be patient before to become my personal messiah.I pray my divine spirit.

ChinkooTheThird said:
i have tried useing Universal Extractor to extract the file a number of times now but just gives me an error message cannot extract :(

clamps said:
i have tried useing Universal Extractor to extract the file a number of times now but just gives me an error message cannot extract :(
I would say, the file is corrupted then, try my download site. Worked for me after 4 times :).==================================Well, I downloaded for a 4th time from a different source. This time from gamershell.com.I placed all files in a sub-directory G:\Update (didn't do that before, was in G:\ before).This worked. I can't tell what made it work, but I would advice if you can, download again from gamershell.com.I did disable my FW & AV (did not uninstall them).Good luck to you all.R.

Well, I downloaded for a 4th time from a different source. This time from gamershell.com.I placed all files in a sub-directory G:\Update (didn't do that before, was in G:\ before).This worked. I can't tell what made it work, but I would advice if you can, download again from gamershell.com.I did disable my FW & AV (did not uninstall it).Good luck to you all.R.

everyone: before atempting to install do read a bit here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patch and check the files10q

Guest 2077512

ChinkooTheThird said:
God bless you - I finally start the update. At the end it was the patch problem altogether. They messed up the installation. Thank you.

ChinkooTheThird said:
This REQUIRES a pin. After hours of frustration this fix made it install. :beer: Yay Chinkoo!

I have a proper Checksum on my download (double checked to make sure) and can't run the Universal Extractor.I am using Comodo Antivirus and Firewalll (which, no, I will not uninstall to install a patch for a game).Of course, after trying it again this is a moot point, since 'Unable to Connect to Remote Server' now. :wall:

Hi, I'm not sure if this has had a thread posted for the problem. It isn't really Witcher related, but all the while still looking for a solution to it. It happens when I run firefox or another C++ program and it sometimes pops up that it can't install the C++ redist. I'll post what somebody posted a little while ago. If anyone has a solution to this I would GLADLY appreciate the help =). Thanks in advance.My Windows Vista didnt want to install visual c++ dedistributal. it turned out that something called StoreDirty had to be deleted in the registry: reg delete HKLM\COMPONENTS /v StoreDirty. that solved the problem, windows updated some things it couldnt before and then c++ redist is able to get installed.greets and have fun playing the game. Smiley

ok i have now uninstalled kaspersky and now the update now loads up and begins the install but now geting.the damn(Censored critical error) during installation message :( i have checked the md5 checksum against a list of good ones and mine match up and have redownloaded the file from gamers hell, sciagnij, fileplanet, and non of them work. this juat aint funny any more shouldnt have this many probs installing a patch :(i have also tried installing in normal boot up and in safe mode.

nitroman714 said:
Figure I would make a topic so people with this issue and Comodo Firewall would not have to go through 30 pages to find the fix. I tried everything from downloading from three diffrent sites, shutting off AV, FW and internet after reg finished and nothing worked. Till I followed that persons suggestion to totally uninstall the firewall and poof It is installed. It is still sad that we all had to go through this FIASCO to install a simple patch!! I give them their credit where it is due that they went above and beyond to make the game better but they really droped the ball the way the patch process was so messed up.. If you really think about it this is the way the game should have been put out in the first place NOT fixed in an enhanced version and patch a year later.. They put a game out with messed up dialog and gesture and intentory system, long long load times, clones running around, random crashs here and there and other glitchs and then fix it in a patch that is a fiasco as well. Plus some went as far to buy the game all over again when their original game should have been in this state in the first place... Sad if you think about it... Now to hope the games is not messed up even more now with the patch.
the FAQ says you need to STOP the firewall/antivirus, so this solution is nothing newthe problem seems to be the STOPING part, as just quiting the application so that a system tray icon is not visible anymore will NOT usually STOP the application

LicaonKter said:
the FAQ says you need to STOP the firewall/antivirus, so this solution is nothing newthe problem seems to be the STOPING part, as just quiting the application so that a system tray icon is not visible anymore will NOT usually STOP the application
If there's any way besides uninstalling the fire-wall/anti-virus to stop it from running in the back ground that'd be a plus. Would there be a way to get into safe-mode to leave everything shut down while doing the installation?Because, well, uninstalling a firewall for a video game patch is something I'm not likely to do (to put it mildly, and in nice words).(All of which is moot if you can't validate the registration (I'll probably do what I did last night and start the process late at night)).

I have downloaded all the files- the patch,the language patch and the two extra adventures. I have had no problems downloading or installing them, without any errors at all - and yet when I try to start the game it crashes with the Microsoft 'This application has caused an error, do you want to report it to Microsoft' message! I have uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled, meaning two 2 hour waits for the patch to update and had the same problem! I nevr had a problem with the original game - what the hell is going on! This has changed from a 'Wow' factor to a 'Ugh' factor with regard this game!

just adding that im too having NotCensored installation bug.made a fresh install from DVD, registered the game and tried to patch it and got the error. :(winxp 32bit SP3UPDATE: based on a suggestion of a forum member I verified the setup file integrity - it cheks out.

ChinkooTheThird said:
Worked for me. I vote for this to be pinned as the solution.

Top Bottom