Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Figure I would make a topic so people with this issue and Comodo Firewall would not have to go through 30 pages to find the fix. I tried everything from downloading from three diffrent sites, shutting off AV, FW and internet after reg finished and nothing worked. Till I followed that persons suggestion to totally uninstall the firewall and poof It is installed. It is still sad that we all had to go through this FIASCO to install a simple patch!! I give them their credit where it is due that they went above and beyond to make the game better but they really droped the ball the way the patch process was so messed up.. If you really think about it this is the way the game should have been put out in the first place NOT fixed in an enhanced version and patch a year later.. They put a game out with messed up dialog and gesture and intentory system, long long load times, clones running around, random crashs here and there and other glitchs and then fix it in a patch that is a fiasco as well. Plus some went as far to buy the game all over again when their original game should have been in this state in the first place... Sad if you think about it... Now to hope the games is not messed up even more now with the patch.
the FAQ says you need to STOP the firewall/antivirus, so this solution is nothing newthe problem seems to be the STOPING part, as just quiting the application so that a system tray icon is not visible anymore will NOT usually STOP the application
Stoping the Comodo did NOT stop the problem and when I say stoped it was stoped not just off the system try!! You had to totally uninstall it!! Then it worked without a problem...

I had the Catastrophic feature transfer error, and here’s how I solved it. This solution only works if you have Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (and possibly older versions) installed. I have WinXP 32bit, and don’t know if it works with other OS.1) Start WinXP in Safe mode with network (F8 during boot up).2) Locate the ”Kaspersky Internet Security 2009” directory (default is ”\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\ Kaspersky Internet Security 2009”) and move the files adialhk.dll and kloehk.dll out of the directory (remember to put them back in after the patching is finished).3) Follow the advice of Chinkoo_The_Third in this thread (extract TWEE_Upgrade.exe and run setup.exe). Patching will now begin (hopefully without the catastrophic error).4) After the patching is finished, move adialhk.dll and kloehk.dll back to their original directory.5) Reboot to standard mode, and enjoy the game. ;)

First off thanks a bunch to the devs for the content :beer:Secondly i have downloaded the files about 3 times now and things were not working. The problem is that on a Vista machine the TWEE_upgrade.exe cant find the language pack. I have found the solution:1. Ensure that both the upgrade and language pack are in the same folder for example C:\the witcher\2. To run TWEE_upgrade.exe you MUST right click and select 'run as administrator'this should work with no problems.I hope this post will be nice and search able for others with this problem.

Well I also had the >SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$Windows 95 Service Pack 2 (950) Non IE/Netscape 144.0error. However, it went away once I upgraded from .NET 3.0 SP2 to .NET 3.5.The setup screen opens and works well until the online activation. However, then I get the popup Cannot install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0.So, this seems to be a .NET issue, possible .NET 3.0 SP2? However, I still cannot install yet...Any suggenstions?

What a shambles this has been. The uninstall your firewall and/or anti-virus suggestions are bo11ocks. The 900MB upgrade executable does not display an icon or version information on my machine. I posted about that here on Friday saying I thought it might be an indication of a corrupt download and does anyone have checksums. Others replied it doesn't show icon or version information and posted checksums which matched mine. A day later somewhere in this gawd awful mess of a thread the moderators created someone posted after uninstalling Comodo firewall the patch executable does show an icon. That no one from CDProjekt could do something as simple as confirm the executable should display an icon and provide a checksum for it just shows how non-existant support is. I copied the executable to a virtual machine with a clean install of XP SP2 and it showed an icon and version information. I installed the firewall and anti-virus I use on the main system on that virtual machine and it continued to display an icon and version information. I copied the executable to another virtual machine with XP SP3 and a few small apps (no firewall or anti-virus) and it showed an icon but no version information. I copied it to a virutual machine with a clean install of Vista and it showed an icon and version information. Icon and version information are resources embedded in the executable, the data used to patch the game is held as resources in the executable. If the operating system can't read resources such as icons and version information from the executable it would not be surprising that the executable fails to read resources (using the operating system) needed to patch the game (and gives the crappy Catastrophic Failure error). The fact is the 900MB patch executable is so large or has so many resources or is mal formed in some way that it breaks the operating system's ability to read resources from it for many people's installations. Fingers pointing at firewalls and anti-virus are wrong, reducing the amount of resident running software like services, shell extensions, firewalls, anit-virus, drivers? who knows might free up enough handles or memory or whatever is screwing up the OS enough to be unable to read resources from the file. Grats to the guy who discovered you can use a 3rd party hack to extract the patch files from the executable and run them, Poops to CDProjekt for obviously doing no testing of this patch.

Hi,i HAD the not censored error just few seconds after I entered my login information. Here is how I got the patch 1.14 to work.1. I installed the game version 1.02. then I removed my .net 3.0 in add/remove programs3. then I extracted the update.exe file (se previous mails from some other dude on how to do that)4. I copied the language file, in my case the uk version, and the two extra mission files into the disk1 folder where the setup file is located 5. then i ran the .net 3.0 file in the disk1 folder (can't remember the filename) and restarted the computer6. then i ran the setup file and everything seems to work. It is still patching and has done that for an hour.Just wanted to share. So in my case it was a .net issue.Regards, mbj12.

Could anyone help me? I got the patch to download and install with both the English language pack and the new "side effects" quest. It installed properly but when I try to run the game it has an error that asks me whether I want to contact Microsoft and says: AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438fI tried installing it over the 1.3 patch, is that my problem or is something else the matter?

YOU BETTER HELP ME NOW! I'VE WAITED FOR 12 HOURS! AND IT STILL DOESN*T RESPOND? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG? I HAVE LOST MY PATIENCE NOW. This is the message which is displayed.http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asdasdwp0.jpg

ccMcBride said:
ccMcBride said:
Hiya. Sorry if this solution has been mentioned before, I don't have time to go through 30 pages of comments.My system is running Windows XP SP2.I was trying to install the Enhanced Edition udpate, with the English language pack, on a clean install of The Witcher from DVD and was persistingly getting the feature transfer error early on while the update was dealing with localized.key.I tried downloading from various sources, and tried disabling both my AVG antivirus, and my Comodo Firewall - no luck.Eventually I did the following:1. Extracted TWEE_Upgrade.exe using Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Placed all three of TWEE_English_language_pack.exe, TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exe, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe into the same directory where "setup.exe" was extracted, 3. Ran setup.exe.Authentication, installation and modification all went ahead with no problems, modification did take some time though.Now all's good ;)I hope this helps some people.
Worked for me. I vote for this to be pinned as the solution.
To the guy who first posted this solution: How, exactly, do you use the Universal extractor? Or better, tell us how you did it.

hey wassup people i'm having a problem i downloaded all files and when i click on update.exe it won't even let me register it

Ack :-[ , this is pointless, I guess I have to buy the enhanced edition then :) Which was in my plans aswell. Or i'll wait for a week or two, to see IF, CD project has lifted the damned curse. As to remind you mods, I'm still waiting, and the damn thing still doesn't finish. http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asdasdwp0.jpg

Hi,I had this error when starting the game after patching to 1.14. It refused to start and I had this on my screen:AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438fI did as suggested by other people. Entered the controlpanel and lowered my audio accelration to None.Guess what it worked ;DJust wanna share that peace of info.Regards, mbj12.

Dabrinko said:
To the guy who first posted this solution: How, exactly, do you use the Universal extractor? Or better, tell us how you did it.
I can tell you how I used it. 1) Install UniExtract Installer (uniextract15.exe) from http://legroom.net/software/uniextract with default settings (select all ”Add UniExtract to context menu”).2) Right-click on TWEE_Upgrade.exe and select ” UniExtract to subdir”. 3) Choose ”isxunpack extraction” and click OK.4) Place the other patch files in the newly created UniExtract dir, where setup.exe is found (the “Disk1” dir).5) Run setup.exe from the Disk1 dir.That’s it. However, antivirus software can prevent this software from working. It did so with my Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, where I had to boot in safe mode and remove two files from the Kaspersky folder, before UniExtract would work (see my solution earlier in this thread). Other antivirus software may do the same.

I followed Your Instructions but unfortunately comes an error message on my system that means that IsXunpack has entered a problem und had to abort. (Sorry for my bad english)My System:Intel Core 2 Extreme Intel X 9650 (3 GHz)3,25 GB RAM (4GB Installed)Legal Windows XP Professional with SP 3

Volgorilla said:
I followed Your Instructions but unfortunately comes an error message on my system that means that IsXunpack has entered a problem und had to abort. (Sorry for my bad english)My System:Intel Core 2 Extreme Intel X 9650 (3 GHz)3,25 GB RAM (4GB Installed)Legal Windows XP Professional with SP 3
Do you have any antivirus, or Internet security software installed?

Aladin101 said:
Aladin101 said:
I can tell you how I used it. 1) Install UniExtract Installer (uniextract15.exe) from http://legroom.net/software/uniextract with default settings (select all ”Add UniExtract to context menu”).2) Right-click on TWEE_Upgrade.exe and select ” UniExtract to subdir”. 3) Choose ”isxunpack extraction” and click OK.4) Place the other patch files in the newly created UniExtract dir, where setup.exe is found (the “Disk1” dir).5) Run setup.exe from the Disk1 dir.That’s it. However, antivirus software can prevent this software from working. It did so with my Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, where I had to boot in safe mode and remove two files from the Kaspersky folder, before UniExtract would work (see my solution earlier in this thread). Other antivirus software may do the same.
Thank you, we'll see how it goes.

Yes. Kaspersky Antivirus and MS Windows Standard Firewall. But I Quitted KAV before Operation, no Tray Icon nor Entry in Task Manager too. I won't deinstall it because i'm here in the internet looking for help for my problems with TWEE ...... but I'll try the trick with start in safe mode. Thanks.

Volgorilla said:
Yes. Kaspersky Antivirus and MS Windows Standard Firewall. But I Quitted KAV before Operation, no Tray Icon nor Entry in Task Manager too. I won't deinstall it because i'm here in the internet looking for help for my problems with TWEE ...... but I'll try the trick with start in safe mode. Thanks.
Try the solution I posted earlier. Be sure to remove the two Kaspersky files in step 2 (if they exist in your version), and put them back, when the patching has finished.

Trying hard to install the EE yet after short install I get a messagebox saying "Notcensored" and "Schwerwiegender Fehler" and install stops at ...\The Witcher\Data\localized.keyDone a new installation of the whole game, downloaded the patch and language-patch new - nothing works.Version is registered, no problem here.

What kind of patch is this? It broke my game installation and now I can't even play the game. I waited to even play game for a couple months becuase I figured I would wait for this patch. I downloaded this from fileplanet with the download manager becuase I am a subscriber to file planet.What a piece of crap.

Top Bottom