Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Achilles100 said:
Can someone please help me here!!I have The Witcher installed and I am attempting to update to v1.4 i enter activation data and its ok then it tells me i dont have the relevant language pack installed and it closes. So i decided to download the English Language Pack 457Mb and it tells me that i have to update my game to the Enhanced Edition as my game is the previous "The Witcher" not Enhanced. I dont know how to overcome this I am real confused some assistance please!! this was sent by another user but i have exactly thwe same problem... does anyone know how to fix this please?
put both files in the same folder with their original names, run TWEE_Upgrade( as the Update FAQ linked on the main site says ) :beer:

Hello, I bought The Witcher enhanced edition friday the 15th of may.When I'm about at 80% of the installation i get an CRC wich says:Feature transfer error.Feature: DataComponent: DataFile: F:\data3.cabError: CRCI tried a lot of things but nothing worked.This is all I triedCopying all to HD but while copying I got Error's toInstalling it in safe modeI exchanged my DVD for a new one and the only difference is that on my first DVD i got the same error except its about data2.cab instead od data3.cabDoes someone knows what my problem is and how I can fix it?I would be very happy, I can't wait to play it ;D

HoLyHeRo said:
I exchanged my DVD for a new one and the only difference is that on my first DVD i got the same error except its about data2.cab instead od data3.cab
update dvd drive firmware?try even another DVD drive? as if the error changes then the disk might not be at fault

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I exchanged my DVD for a new one and the only difference is that on my first DVD i got the same error except its about data2.cab instead od data3.cab
update dvd drive firmware?try even another DVD drive? as if the error changes then the disk might not be at fault
I already tried my other drive, nothing ...where can i update my dvd drive firmware??I got a dvd from my friend now, when im home i will try and let you now.I hope it will work soon ;DEdit: Iinstalled the dvd from my friend succesfully, and I can play with my own cd :DSo problem fixed ;DTHX for the help

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Though I have no idea what it means by Extract using the command line. How and whee do I type in the command line?
START -> Run ( check as administrator if on Vista) -> cmd then you have to get to the place where your files are: cd then you run: TWEE_Upgrade /extract_all:D:\TWEE_Upgradewhere you choose what drive C:, D: etc
Hi there,I managed to get TWEE_Upgrade.exe to extract and I ended up with a folder called Disk1. This folder now contains 3 files: Data1.cab, Data1.hdr, Data2.cabWhere abouts do I put these files in the TWEE folder?

Rock1984 said:
I managed to get TWEE_Upgrade.exe to extract and I ended up with a folder called Disk1. This folder now contains 3 files: Data1.cab, Data1.hdr, Data2.cabWhere abouts do I put these files in the TWEE folder?
there should be more than 3 files, there should be a SETUP.exe and other filesdo make a screenshot of the folder opended in Explorer

Here's a screenshot of the folder. I used the cmd (dos) console to open it as you explained earlier, and this is all I got.http://yfrog.com/58tweeupgradedisk1foldersj

Rock1984 said:
Here's a screenshot of the folder. I used the cmd (dos) console to open it as you explained earlier, and this is all I got.
did you let the process finish?can you check the TWEE_Upgrade.exe and all the update files as mentioned here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patch#File_integrity ?

Guys! For those of you going in way too deep and trying to extract stuff in to twee folders...do not do this! Thats why youre having so many problems. There should be no use of command lines. This was meant to be updated from the games DVD where once the disk launches on desktop, it will flash and ask "Look for Updates" this is where you would normally press Launch Game or go to www.thewitcher.com forum. I did the same thing thinking i needed to treat the EE verson 1.45 like a microsoft patch, download it-extract it in to a spec folder in the games files on my HD-i went bonkers w/this. Everyone assumes all the noobs know this and dont say the obvious-update from the games launch graphic on desktop! Now, you click on Look for updates...it takes you to a website to select Twee.exe its (a Polish site). Some get worried but just look for the icon w/file and click it. Let your microsoft explorer extract it then click Run. That will take some time to download-go get some coffee. Im talking a couple of hours. When its done running then Open it-it will unzip so you need a prog like WinZip or WinRAR-theres free trial versions. After opening the Twee.exe file Download the Twee.ENG pack (you will recognize it i dont have file named perfectly here). Turn off your virus control and any system tray progs you think will conflict w/it when running the progs. If you have a Creative audio card install the EAX patch because no matter how well youve followed directions, downloaded the TWEE.exe and TWEE.eng pkg it will not run! I have a Fatal1ty and did everything 3x over and like many was pulling my hair out! Then i found a thread stating to install this patch-search back pgs of this thread and youll find a link to it. Or just ask a forum ldr for it again. Install the EAX patch after youve done the TWEE updates. Restart your computer and you should be good to go. Launch Game from same desktop graphic launchpad where you clicked Update Game and it will go-if an error is encountered then something got hung up when you were downloading or extracting most likely. Some older computers have a hard time w/long downloads of really big files. Theres free shareware which will help the computer handle this. If you search past pgs of this topic you will find a suggestion for this on the shareware and the link for the EAX patch for Creative cards. Click on links and download what you need. It worked for me. I wish however someone had written out all this because everyone is attacking this like its such an incredible task and its easy.

greengirl61 said:
Guys! For those of you going in way too deep and trying to extract stuff in to twee folders...do not do this!
for some this worked, hey it worked for me/you/many others using the patch and not need to extract it, but for those that it did not, it's a solution

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Here's a screenshot of the folder. I used the cmd (dos) console to open it as you explained earlier, and this is all I got.
did you let the process finish?can you check the TWEE_Upgrade.exe and all the update files as mentioned here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patch#File_integrity ?
Yes I've done it several times now and all that extracts are those three files.

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Yes I've done it several times now and all that extracts are those three files.
do you have enough free space on drive C: ?or try to use the other patch extraction method
I've got a few hundred gig on C :DI've also tried to open it simply by clicking on it and with uni extractor.

I have a problem. When I try to install the patch (1.4) I have an error. I tried to install it in safe mode (with net) and I have "unable to connect remote server" everytime. I don't know what can I do, the FAQ is NOT helping me. ¡HELP PLEASE!

Rock1984 said:
I've also tried to open it simply by clicking on it and with uni extractor.
and what happened with Uniextract ?
Rock1984 said:
I have a problem. When I try to install the patch (1.4) I have an error. I tried to install it in safe mode (with net) and I have "unable to connect remote server" everytime. I don't know what can I do, the FAQ is NOT helping me.
what error? do detail what system do you have? what Windows version? what Service Pack? what did you try already? what happened every time?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I've also tried to open it simply by clicking on it and with uni extractor.
and what happened with Uniextract?
Never mind that problem any more, I decided to re-download the update and this time it seems to be working. I'm up to the part where it says: Modifying game files. This may take up to two hours. Manually interrupting this process will necessitate re installation of the game.Is it really going to take two hours just to do an update? I've had it going now for about 30-40mins and I'm not game enough to interfere with it. There are two applications open, "The Witcher Enhanced Edition - Actualization Pack - InstallShield Wizard" and "The Witcher Patch" which is Not Responding. The HDD seems to be working its ass off and the PC is laboring a bit.

Rock1984 said:
The HDD seems to be working its ass off and the PC is laboring a bit.
yep, that should do itdon't forget about the new hotfix: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0 after the main patch 1.4 has installed

Wow. Well, it worked. I don't know what i did differently this time but all I did was click on TWEE_Update.exe and it's now installed. :eek:Thanks so much for your help none the less.

What will be the game version after applying "EAX and gfx bluring hotfix" to EE? Will it be 1.4.5.1303? or 1.4.5.1282?Thank you very much in advance! ;-)

I recently downloaded the enhanced editiion patch from fileshack. I then put the file in my Witcher folder. When I clicked on it however it went to the "Open with?" thing that windows goes to if it does not recognize the file type.I then realized that neither the TWEE patch or TWEE english language pack had .exe at the end.Is there a way I can install these files without downloading them again. My internet is slow so the download would take 4-6 hours./update:Never mind. I just renamed the file, adding .exe at the end and it became usable. If only every problem could be solved this easily.This thread can be closed.[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

Top Bottom