Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
gemani999 said:
The language pack coresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download teh relevant language pack.
the Update FAQ clearly sais ( since the Enhanced Edition launch ) that you need to have both TWEE_Upgrade.exe and the language pack in the same folder with their original names, and then run TWEE_Upgradedo verify you patch files before installing: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patchalso the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I've been reading posts in the forum for the past few days, but I still can't seem to make the 1.4 patch work. Here's the deal:I've got a registered version (1.0.something) - the UK edition. I followed all the tips and instructions given by the update FAQ, the installer wizard and by users of this forum. The result - I'm stuck with that crappy message:Feature Transfer ErrorFeature: NotCensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic FailurePlease help, I'm desperate! We're talking about a standard Windows XP SP2, a dual core Intel CPU, 2GB+ RAM etc. Furthermore, my OS or my hardware shouldn't matter in this case, right?I'd appreciate any help!
do detail what you've tried already ( safe mode with networking, unpacker ? )
The Unpacker method did not work, but the Safe Mode FINALLY got through lokalized.key - weird. I think it'd be really nice if the patch for 1.5 would be smoother ;)

Alright, i've tried everything on the FAQ listMy error is still" SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0 "I've tried EVERYTHING, unpacker, safe mode with network, everything.Downloaded it from alternate sources, still dosn't work.

christiandk said:
Alright, i've tried everything on the FAQ listMy error is still" SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0 "I've tried EVERYTHING, unpacker, safe mode with network, everything.Downloaded it from alternate sources, still dosn't work.
what Internet Explorer version? can you update to IE8 an retry?

I've bought a legal copy of the game yesterday, I registered the game with success, I downloaded the patch (1.4) and when I install the patch, the program can't find a registered version of the game on my pc. How do I fix this?Oh yeah, I installed the game to another drive because my C drive is full.

mathmagic said:
I've bought a legal copy of the game yesterday, I registered the game with success, I downloaded the patch (1.4) and when I install the patch, the program can't find a registered version of the game on my pc. How do I fix this?Oh yeah, I installed the game to another drive because my C drive is full.
did you start the game at least once?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
what Internet Explorer version? can you update to IE8 an retry?
Tried that, no dice, still dosn't work.

christiandk said:
Tried that, no dice, still dosn't work.
so safe mode, unpacked, put the language pack there where SETUP.EXE is, run SETUP.EXE and you get that?also, can you set IE as the default browser and retry ( while is Safe Mode...etc )do post a picture too

Ok i set Internet Explore as default and now i get a new error" >Setupnew\setup.ccp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 8.0.6001.18702"Is this really going anywhere?

Got a small problem, hopefully easy to solve...I've downloaded the EE upgrade and the EE English Language pack.I launch the TWEE_Upgrade and it goes through the setup until the final bit where a message comes up saying "The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack."I try to launch the EE English Language pack upgrade, and it tells me "Please install The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Upgrade before installing %p."I looked through the pinned topics on the forum and found this:
Q: The patch complains that it can't find the needed language packA: The patching process needs at least the TWEE_Upgrade.exe file and a language pack file ( it needs the language pack file for the language in which the game is installed on your system ). If you have the US or UK version you could try to get both language file packs. You can add more languages once the initial patching process is finished correctly. You can then change in-game what language the voices and the subtitles will be.
I'm not sure what this means. Does the original version i already have installed from the disc need a different language pack that i should download from somewhere?? (I have the UK disc version of the original 2007 game)Any help appreciatedCheers

::BEST METHOD::After clean install of "The Witcher." Download both Patch 1.4(Language Pack) And Enhanced Edition TWEE_Upgrade. Place both of the files in your witcher directory(to ensure they are in same location when launching) Double Click or initiate the TWEE-Upgrade file. This will apply both 1.4 & TWEE_Upgrade. This should resolve any installation issue you are having.

So last night I tried to install TWEE update. Everything goes fine until the file updating. After wating an hour or maybe an hour and a half i decided to go to bed and let the updater do it's thing overnight.The problem is that it does not do anything. In 12 hours nothing happens. WTF?I am running a 2.5ghz dual amd system, 2GB RAM(ATM atleast) on windows xp 64bit. Reinstalling the game just to be told to reinstall the game and reboot is getting a little old, very fast. Help anyone?EDIT: Errorlog attached.EDIT2: I get as far as to the file updating/upgrading I have the "TWEE Actualization Pack" and "The Witcher Patch 1.4 Helper" open, well, the helper is only minimized and refuse to open at all. Is this normal?

Hello guys. i have ordered update the game to 1.5,but i need 1.4 pach.the problem is....where is the link for thie 1.4 pach?on the official site, the 1.5 is easy to find,but i do not found the 1.4 pach.anyone knows the link for 1.4 download pach?big hug

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.htmlHere :)And thanks for a hug ;D

Shamless BUMPNow the file upgrading have been running for 3-4 hours, and still it isn't done.I might let it run overnight just to see if it helps, but if not. WTF? Seriously! No one else has experienced anything like this at all?

Our main tech volunteer is on vacation this week, so help with technical problems is mostly only available for lower-level problems at the moment.There's a huge thread on problems updating, with people sharing answers and answers from our tech volunteer before he went on vacation; perhaps if you read through it, you'll find out what someone with a similar problem did to solve it.Check out this topic: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0And this one: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24645.0Good luck!

Top Bottom