Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Also, is version 1.4 and 1.5 the same? I read it was. All links to 1.4 lead me to 1.5 that I've found. :hmmm:

You have to download\install the lang pack in the same version of the game. If the game is in english, the lang pack must be english.Save both pathc 1.4 (EE) and LAng pack in the same folder, then lauch the patch (only the patch).Patch 1.4 and 1.5 are not the same. You cannot install the latter if you've not the EE of the game. The 1.5 is the director's cut pacth, with the original version of the game (without censorship) plus more community fan's adventures. So First install 1.4 (EE) than 1.5.enjoy :beer:

Vigilark said:
I DLed the Twee upgrade patch. Tried to install it, it tells me to dl language pack. Fine, so I eventually find a english one. Go to install it, it tells me I need the Twee patch. Fine, I go to install the Twee patch it ask for the language patch. Fun..... What am I missing here folks? I'm using xp not Vista.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( both files in the same folder with their original filenames, run TWEE_Upgrade )
Vigilark said:
i have a problem with instalation, when i try to install enchanced edition it says i have to install language pack first, and when i try to install language pack it says that i have to install enchanced edition first so pls help :)if anyone has a solution pls contact me on son.goku019@gmail.com
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( both files in the same folder with their original filenames, run TWEE_Upgrade )

I'm having problem with updating original version to EE. The modifying game files phase (that can last up to two hours) basically never ends. I've tried it three times already, even let it run through all night and still it didn't finish. I find it surprising because I didn't have this issue before. Any reason why is this happening? Tips how to solve it?Thanks.edit: Solved, forgot to run it in windows 95 compatibility mode as I have xp 64 bit.

Hello All. I'm trying to update the witcher game to Enhanced Edtion from The Witcher v1.3 but i keep running into this error msg "Please register The Witcher before installing The Witcher Enhanced Edition - Actualization pack". I've completed the registration process already, even have a confirmation email saying I've successfully registered the game. I'm not sure what to do next.OS = Windows 7 64bitI've tried running the patch in Windows 95 compatibility mode and the result is the same. Any help would be appreciated.

mobstar324 said:
Hello All. I'm trying to update the witcher game to Enhanced Edtion from The Witcher v1.3 but i keep running into this error msg "Please register The Witcher before installing The Witcher Enhanced Edition - Actualization pack". I've completed the registration process already, even have a confirmation email saying I've successfully registered the game. I'm not sure what to do next.OS = Windows 7 64bitI've tried running the patch in Windows 95 compatibility mode and the result is the same. Any help would be appreciated.
register again...and again...and again..until it works... that's the system...b0rken :wall:

For the love of god i just cant install any patches for this game. I got the game yesterday the normal united kingdom uk version of the game. install was fine then i checked for updates, it told me to download the version 1.4 so i downloaded that version and made an account here.Then when it was installing it told me there was an error and that i need to download the english pack patch, WHY the game is in english anyway. So i downloaded that patch, then ther was another error telling me to install the 1.4 patch but i cant beacuse that tells me to install the english pack. So i thought stuff that ill just down doenload the the 1.5 version and i cant install that beacuse it needs 1.4 patch.please help its driving me nuts what patches in ORDER do i need to patch the game. :wall:

Hi! SmileySo voila, I buy The Witcher (red box) and I patched my game with the enhanced edition ... So I download the enhanced edition of JVC but when I try to install I receive an error message:---------------------------Failed to install files "redistributable" ...---------------------------I would like to help SVP !

I bought Enhanced Edition today. I installed it no problems, but when I attempt to run the game, I get told I must be Administrator to run it for the first time, and I am running it from an Administrator account.

for what ever reason trying to upgrade to patch 1.4 saying im missing the correct launge packs so were do i find them and preferbly a english website

you need to have the 1.4 patch and the language patch in the same folder (I put them in the Witcher folder). then before installing the patch uninstall your anti-virus/firewall ( At least that's what I had to do).

Watcher81 said:
you need to have the 1.4 patch and the language patch in the same folder (I put them in the Witcher folder). then before installing the patch uninstall your anti-virus/firewall ( At least that's what I had to do).
wow why couldnt they just put this on the quick fix thanx you just save me a whole lot of problems :peace:

It's really simple my friend, You have to put all downloaded files into one folder(TWEE_Upgrade and TWEE_English_language_pack, and optionally 2 new adventures). After that just run TWEE_Upgrade - now the installer should show you what is being installed (the upgrade, language pack and optional adventures if you downloaded them). You have to be online tu upgrade to Enhanced Edition. Aftter installing Enhanced Edition install patch 1.5 - it removes DRM and you do not need to play the game with yor disc inserted into your CD-ROM.The English language pack is needed because the voice overs have been completely re-recorded. Hope that helps, if you have Vista be sure to update to service pack 1 or download a hotfix from Microsoft's site. The link is attached somewhere in this sub-forum :)If you have Windows 7 remember the game is not supported but it works. If you will have any problems just search through the In-Game tech forum, I have Vista so can't help much with W7.Cheers

hey gamers,I have a problem and is indeed in the instalation of the patch 1.4 always this error message and continues ned: "invalid start mode: missing_IRAFN command line switch" and "the witcher is not installed ordnugnsgemäss. not possible to patch" and can not afterwards the game longer run, can someone help me??

Tymon88 said:
It's really simple my friend, You have to put all downloaded files into one folder(TWEE_Upgrade and TWEE_English_language_pack, and optionally 2 new adventures). After that just run TWEE_Upgrade - now the installer should show you what is being installed (the upgrade, language pack and optional adventures if you downloaded them). You have to be online tu upgrade to Enhanced Edition. Aftter installing Enhanced Edition install patch 1.5 - it removes DRM and you do not need to play the game with yor disc inserted into your CD-ROM.The English language pack is needed because the voice overs have been completely re-recorded. Hope that helps, if you have Vista be sure to update to service pack 1 or download a hotfix from Microsoft's site. The link is attached somewhere in this sub-forum :)If you have Windows 7 remember the game is not supported but it works. If you will have any problems just search through the In-Game tech forum, I have Vista so can't help much with W7.Cheers
Im still having problems i reinstalled the game and installed the 1.1 patch 1.2 and 1.3 playes the game perfect. then i downloaded the the 1.4 EE patch and the laguage pack then the 1.5 patch. I put them all in the same folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher\New Folder. I started to install the witcher patch 1.4 and its installing BUT its been saying this for about 7 hours now (modifying the game files this may take up to two hours. manually interrupting this proccess will necessitate re-installation of the game)does it take this long?

Guest 2005166

Ow... I guess this really crashed then at some point. My installs never needed these two hours it announced, too. I´m afraid, you must do a complete reinstall.

Unkreativ said:
Ow... I guess this really crashed then at some point. My installs never needed these two hours it announced, too. I´m afraid, you must do a complete reinstall.
But its done this twice now....

Guest 2005166

Then there perhaps must be something wrong with the downloaded patch(es). The first idea coming to my mind...But could also be caused by many other things. Was the installer the only program running?No idea if this now is helpful in anyway:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=20265.0But you prolly will find some solution here.In doubt, download that content again (maybe from another site, too) and retry the install.Good luck!

Top Bottom