Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Hi,sorry for my english :(
I download and installed The Witcher EE in drive D. Next, I double click on witcher.exe but nothing happen >.<
Then I download patch 1.5,but i can't install it because TWEE isn't installed in C:\Program Files (x86)
I re-installed TWEE in drive C as default (C:\Program Files (x86)) and installed patch 1.5. Finally,it's work perfect.
But now i want to remove TWEE to another drive (ect: D or E) ,problems is I can't run TWEE after remove.
So how to play TWEE if i don't installation on drive C?
I was searching on gg and find solved for TWEE2 same problem with Registry_Check_DD.exe. But TWEE hasn't soft same Registry_Check_DD.exe.
Please help me!

Hi,sorry for my english :(
I download and installed The Witcher EE in drive D. Next, I double click on witcher.exe but nothing happen >.<
Then I download patch 1.5,but i can't install it because TWEE isn't installed in C:\Program Files (x86)
I re-installed TWEE in drive C as default (C:\Program Files (x86)) and installed patch 1.5. Finally,it's work perfect.
But now i want to remove TWEE to another drive (ect: D or E) ,problems is I can't run TWEE after remove.
So how to play TWEE if i don't installation on drive C?
I was searching on gg and find solved for TWEE2 same problem with Registry_Check_DD.exe. But TWEE hasn't soft same Registry_Check_DD.exe.
Please help me!

Can you attach a Dxdiag report ?
Make sure that drive D isn`t a cd/dvd drive .

Hey!
So I bought this copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for my girlfriend as a gift, and we've been having trouble installing it. When I try to install it, everything goes fine on the first disc, but then it tells me to put in the second disc and I get a message saying that it's "Not Responding" once I do. I'm really unsure of what to do here, and I'm pretty computer-uneducated so while I've read about similar problems in this forum, I'm not sure how to follow up with the things I've found...

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Thanks!

Hey!
So I bought this copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for my girlfriend as a gift, and we've been having trouble installing it. When I try to install it, everything goes fine on the first disc, but then it tells me to put in the second disc and I get a message saying that it's "Not Responding" once I do. I'm really unsure of what to do here, and I'm pretty computer-uneducated so while I've read about similar problems in this forum, I'm not sure how to follow up with the things I've found...

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Thanks!

Sounds like the easiest thing to do is claim your witcher backup copy from GOG using your cd-key
http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

Alright, thanks! Now all I need's a digital camera. If I can ask, you know why so many people have trouble installing this game?
And thanks for the speedy reply.

Alright, thanks! Now all I need's a digital camera. If I can ask, you know why so many people have trouble installing this game?
And thanks for the speedy reply.
Digital camera ? I don`t think that it`s nearly as hard installing as it`s meant to be . There are other alternatives for trying the 2nd disc . I was merely pointing out the easiest . If you insert the 2nd disc without trying to install the game does Windows not read the disc ?

Hey,thank for rep.
View attachment 2131
Drive D is a part of the hard drive with 156gb :)
So how to patch TWEE if i don't installed in C drive as default?
P/s: My laptop is Dell Vostro 3560 with GPU AMD 7670 1gb.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 84
I don`t know how you were trying to install it to "D" But try creating a folder and name it GAMES and install there as administrator . Don`t run it from the autorun feature . Instead when autorun pops up close it and navigate to your DVD and right click setup and select run as admin . The file path should look like this
D:\GAMES\The Witcher Enhanced Edition . Once complete do not try to run it nut instead try the 1.5 patch . Come to think of it if you can verify that you have the full patch by running a MD5 number . The MD5 for the 1.5 patch should be 393b4783f2d6b906a6eaea3d927b4a92 . If the patch checks out then run it as administrator . If it patches then you`ll need to remove the Tages drivers as they are not compatible with windows 7 . To uninstall the Tages drivers - Once complete and if running Windows 7 then follow the link
http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=minimum.htm and once there click the 5.5 towards the bottom of the page and then click the one that is appropriate for your system and follow the prompts to uninstall the Tages drivers .

Hi, I was going to start them playing the game again after a very long break, when I launch the game the screen goes black for a few seconds then a message comes up saying the Witcher has stopped working and given 2 choices look on line for a solution and close the game or just close the game, if I look online I don't get very much come up at all. I have launched the game from Steam from the launcher and the .exe (right clicked as admins as well).

I have looked online and tried the patches, 1.4 worked fine but 1.5 could not find the game and would not install. (not sure I needed them but thought I could not hurt to try)

If any one has any suggestions or tips please let me know, many thanks.

If you have the Steam version, you shouldn't need to install any other patches, and this could be causing problems now. Could you run through the Verify Integrity process in Steam first to make sure that everything is OK? If the problem is still there after that, post again.

I don`t know how you were trying to install it to "D" But try creating a folder and name it GAMES and install there as administrator . Don`t run it from the autorun feature . Instead when autorun pops up close it and navigate to your DVD and right click setup and select run as admin . The file path should look like this
D:\GAMES\The Witcher Enhanced Edition . Once complete do not try to run it nut instead try the 1.5 patch . Come to think of it if you can verify that you have the full patch by running a MD5 number . The MD5 for the 1.5 patch should be 393b4783f2d6b906a6eaea3d927b4a92 . If the patch checks out then run it as administrator . If it patches then you`ll need to remove the Tages drivers as they are not compatible with windows 7 . To uninstall the Tages drivers - Once complete and if running Windows 7 then follow the link
http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=minimum.htm and once there click the 5.5 towards the bottom of the page and then click the one that is appropriate for your system and follow the prompts to uninstall the Tages drivers .

By now is 2014 and is no need to enter the serial code to register the game as the registration launcher (in game) is not supported anymore. Do i uninstall safely Tages or just left it on the system ?

I do not have problems launching the game and i'm already patch to Witcher.exe v1.5.0.1304 (July 09, 2009)...Thanks!

Had all ready ran the verify integrity process through steam, found no problems, re ran it and found a missing file, which it installed re ran and no problems, went to launch the game and still the same problem.

This was located in the details of the message received when the Game stopped working, not sure if any use to you:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: witcher.exe
Application Version: 1.5.0.1304
Application Timestamp: 4910475c
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.6195
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dcddbf3
Exception Offset: 0000ed53
Exception Code: c000000d
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2e88
Additional Information 2: 2e88e4e14ecd6a84a26aa264030e8d02
Additional Information 3: 13fb
Additional Information 4: 13fba8a7e93b7fcee23a8c94da19e096

And thanks for getting back to me so quickly Dragonbird

Had all ready ran the verify integrity process through steam, found no problems, re ran it and found a missing file, which it installed re ran and no problems, went to launch the game and still the same problem.

This was located in the details of the message received when the Game stopped working, not sure if any use to you:

Problem signature:

And thanks for getting back to me so quickly Dragonbird
The BEX error is usually related to DEP (Data Execution Program) but not always . Try running command prompt as administrator and type sfc /scannow and press enter . Let it finish and restart computer .

Ran the scan as advised but it found nothing wrong, and after restarting the game still refuses to work. I have also added the wither.exe to the DEP tab which also did not help any ;/

Any other help would be much appreciated.

Ran the scan as advised but it found nothing wrong, and after restarting the game still refuses to work. I have also added the wither.exe to the DEP tab which also did not help any ;/

Any other help would be much appreciated.
The first thing to do I guess now is to run a test on your memory modules to ensure they are in good working order . I recommend running at least 3 passes with no errors . If any errors appear it usually means that at least one of your memory modules are failing .
http://www.memtest.org/
Also be sure and check your hard drive .

The first thing to do I guess now is to run a test on your memory modules to ensure they are in good working order . I recommend running at least 3 passes with no errors . If any errors appear it usually means that at least one of your memory modules are failing .

First of all, I think this game is still a little buggy, although there is already a patch 1.5...
Sorry, but this is reality.
My computer is hardwarelly rock-stable, i havent usually problems with very different games and softwares.

"The Witcher" is very sensitive on highest settings of graphics effects.
Generally, "Depth of Field" often causes freezing of cut scenes (personally verified by me - cut scene freezed and sound is stopped at last tone forever - computer is lock up - resolvable only by hardware reset). Highly recommend to OFF - no more freezing of cut scenes.
High lighting setting (typically sun rays through a window in the room - for example) causes freezing in game - but fortunately very rarely (aproximately 1x per 6 hours).

I do not understand how anyone has the courage to spawn so crash-like game. It's really very annoying when the game crashes 4-6 times per day.

Last edited:

Went to the site listed but was unsure how to run the program there, did find another way to check my memory modules and they came back fine. I have no issues with my hard drive, so I am still unsure as to why this keeps happening.

I have uninstalled the game from steam, reinstalled from the game disk, when I ran that I got an error about tages and not having the admin rights, installed patches 1.4 and 1.5 ran again and got the original Witcher has closed error-

Problem signature:

I have checked my memory and hard drive for errors but both are fine.

Anyone got anything they can add that might help me get to play the game?

Top Bottom