Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
After the Registrationserver working again I got another error while trying to install EE:
Code:
Fehler bei der Featureübertragung:Feature: NotCensoredComponent: -Datei: -Beschreibung: Catastrophic Failure
What can I do about that?

Heres my error>SetupNew\setup.cpp(135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) Non IE/Netscape 34642.30443

I am getting the same error which is a bummer as I was really looking forward to this. Does anyone have any ideas on how to help?

I cant think of anything.From the text of the error I think it may be something to do with our defult internet browsers but i've no idea why. That and I turned off UAC for my computer but thats because it was genraly being horably anoying and causeing errors in UT3 editor.

I get the same message. If you get a reply or figure out what to do can you let me know :) I will do the same.

I have a hunch, my twee_upgrade is only 437mb when the download says it should be 909mb. I think mines got kicked off before downloading the full file.

Calabi said:
I have a hunch, my twee_upgrade is only 437mb when the download says it should be 909mb. I think mines got kicked off before downloading the full file.
That's what happened. There is a rapidshare going around that you could try instead.

If you dowload through Internet Explorer , you can't resume. You shold dowload via FlashGet or another dowload manager . Probably you get this error due incomplete dowlooad.

get a downloader that can download from multiple addresses and that can resume downloads ( like http://dfast.sourceforge.net/ or http://www.halogenware.com/software/retriever.html ):

I dounloaded two copies just to be shure and its not running ether. And for the rapidshare how do I get to it?I'm useing firefox so i'm hopeing I shoudnt have the same problems everyone else is getting though my nets been anoying lately which might be contributing to the problem.

I'm trying to install EE but when I start the installation, the program asks me to register the game.. ok..But when i click on "register game" on the launcher and put in my account ID and password i receive this error: internet exception, 12057 I can login on the witcher site (which also recognize my game registration) but I can't go through the installation process!I have VISTA ultimate 64 and i'm NOT under a firewallany help?

I finally finished downloading the update files for The Witcher and started installing them. The installer runs fine for about 5 minutes, then suddenly tells me that "The Witcher is not installed properly. Cannot be patched." and shuts down. This is a clean install of the European version of the game on regular Windows XP. I completely uninstalled the game and deleted everything that was left over in the game folder, then installed it again, fresh. Tried the patch, and got the same result. What can I do to fix this? I'm a game developer myself and technically competent, but I get stumped by vague errors just like anyone else. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Ok man, did a google search for Internet Exception error 12057, since Witcher Tech Support SUCKS MAJORLY :p and found this link http://reader.feedshow.com/show_items-feed=a43287d6aa5e8a7eb9b7a9c177a13e33Anyway had to allso uncheck Check for Server certificate revocation and Check for Signatures on downloaded programs, hope this heps worked for me, 'Thanks for all your help CD Projekt :p

The solution works perfectly, thanks a lot ! :)edit : i re-checked the boxes after registration, just to be on the safe side, and the installation is under way.

Top Bottom